Devils Vs steelers - CC 1/4F - 14th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO - Part 2 Spectacular

Samael

Who cares, really?

Think it's safe to say this thread has run its course now when you are talking about some account hopping troll who pretends to be a woman when in reality it's likely some fat middle aged loner called Neville who smells like sour milk and is on some sort of register. Just effin block him and stop giving him what he wants. Attention.

kingmo19.1

Who cares, really?

Think it's safe to say this thread has run its course now when you are talking about some account hopping troll who pretends to be a woman when in reality it's likely some fat middle aged loner called Neville who smells like sour milk and is on some sort of register. Just effin block him and stop giving him what he wants. Attention.
If lloyd_jeff goes quiet and Neville pops up, then it’s all your fault :)

Tonight’s performance was as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist. Zero passion and as some posters have mentioned when talking of players we would like to have back next year, one has to consider whether the players themselves would want to come back for another season of shickingly shot hockey.
I enjoy my visits to the dentist as Wetherspoons is nearby and I can go by train.

I can walk to the IAW but after visiting Wetherspoons following the game on Wednesday I still felt depressed.

ASHIPP

Another thing why are we paying to house the whole family, surely if players need a job and play the sport they love they should jump at it, didn't one of the Scottish clubs only get players who were un attached to save on costs ..
Yes, Guildford aren't doing too badly in the League at the moment....and their recruitment ethos over recent years has been to sign young, talented players either 1st year pro, or out of North American university. Would imagine some of them share accommodation in Guildford area and are straightforward to sign because they do not have the considerations of family and other responsibilities to think about when joining a club.
Dixon has stuck to that ethos for a few years....seems to be working very well for them this year.:)

Samael

There's a lot to be said for signing players who come without wives and kids, l mean look at what has 'allegedly' gone down in Belfast:eek::D

voth26

Just had a look at the table and we're in 4th with 30 points 22games, Steelers 3rd with 32 points 21games and giants 5th with 26 Points 21games. After reading some of the comments in this thread about the teams performances which admittingly are not brilliant and seriously need to improve and very quickly but the interesting thing for me is the amount of games each team has lost, devils 6 Steelers 4 and giants 8 so are the Devils really as dire as certain people are making out??. I agree it's not been the best season so far and I think we'll finish between 3rd and 5th but Steelers and especially the giants are not prolific either, just my thoughts

Kevlar68

Just had a look at the table and we're in 4th with 30 points 22games, Steelers 3rd with 32 points 21games and giants 5th with 26 Points 21games. After reading some of the comments in this thread about the teams performances which admittingly are not brilliant and seriously need to improve and very quickly but the interesting thing for me is the amount of games each team has lost, devils 6 Steelers 4 and giants 8 so are the Devils really as dire as certain people are making out??. I agree it's not been the best season so far and I think we'll finish between 3rd and 5th but Steelers and especially the giants are not prolific either, just my thoughts
Yes they are dire compared to our previous teams, very dire, shouldn't be comparing our team against competitors, it should be against our team in previous seasons.

Hedd Wyn John

You're better off comparing us to previous Devils teams - if we take last year we ended the season on 0.685% point percentage with 3.48 Goals for and 2.43 goals against.

Currently after 22 games we are on a 0.682% point percentage with 3.91 Goals for and 2.91 goals for. So we're scoring more goals than last year but we're noticeably more leaky as well. Now I know some will say - well we're basically on a level with last year so it's not that bad is it. Which is a fair point but last year:
The organisation released a player mid season and brought in new additions to bolster the team. & of course right at the end of the season last year the coach was let go.

So in short if the 2021-2022 regular season performance wasn't acceptable to the Devils organisation then I'd say basically matching that performance this year would also be unacceptable to the organisation.