Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
DevilsvSteelers.jpg

*League table taken from EIHL website 1st Jan*

So this is it, this is the first game of 24 and the biggest game, and if you go by some of the posts on here it's the one that is going to decide our finishing position.

Steelers are on a pretty damn good run at the moment, but there's always the hope that the 'Devils Way' suddenly kicks in and the Steelers post-Christmas meltdown takes shape...

After a couple of bad results for ourselves, it would be nice to see the team that works hard, plays gritty and challenges till the end, whatever the result. If we're going to lose to the league leaders and champions-elect at least lets go down fighting...:D

Last edited:

august04 2.0

I think the team will have been read the riot act by PR and Kelman, and will actually come out and somehow win this game. Then they'll play well for a couple of weeks and then fall off again. Whatever the result, there is no way it changes the destination of the league title - that’s going to Sheffield and comfortably.

Wannabe2

Surely if you have a team that you need to read the riot act for them to come out and win, you’re in trouble and they have no right being here. Surely the urge, need and pure commitment in a real player comes naturally, for me we have some good players, but we don’t have a TEAM, we have 20 players but we don’t have a team. Steelers have a team, players who play for each other and look after each other, we dont have that unfortunately.

ASHIPP

I feel sick even trying to predict a result. With the sheer might of the Steelers' current excellent performances, it's virtually a foregone conclusion win for them. No point in any pre-game analysis.

doron

so we got. steelers on the 3rd and storm on the 6th and Giants on the 7th , if we lose all 3 then the season is a disaster. then every player needs to be looked at what they have contributed in the last 2 seasons, regardless if they are the untouchables. and then the underperformers got -rid of. and whoever is doing recruiting is looked at also. will anything change i doubt it? as it stands, we look like a midtable team, will players of good quality want to come anymore? next season? and also when you enjoy watching Fife of Flames play more than us then something is wrong. we are so boring to watch most of the time.

Devils86

so we got. steelers on the 3rd and storm on the 6th and Giants on the 7th , if we lose all 3 then the season is a disaster. then every player needs to be looked at what they have contributed in the last 2 seasons, regardless if they are the untouchables. and then the underperformers got -rid of. and whoever is doing recruiting is looked at also. will anything change i doubt it? as it stands, we look like a midtable team, will players of good quality want to come anymore? next season? and also when you enjoy watching Fife of Flames play more than us then something is wrong. we are so boring to watch most of the time.
And if we win all three? However unlikely...

kettdevil1

And if we win all three? However unlikely...
Quite. The league is bonkers this year and there is an argument to say that every team goes from mid table to champs to bottom of the table, often within the confines of any given weekend.

No idea what will happen in the next three games but will enjoy the ride.

BostonBart22

Still going with a 2...4 win Sheffield. Beat storm and giants then it's set up for the conti cup weekend, and that's not gonna be easy be a long shot, depending on results our season could be done by the 14th January.

Pembo

Couldn’t get leave so can’t make this one which is a shame as we will nab a fun OT win heralding the start of the traditional official Steelers collapse. Cox MOTM. Go Devils.

Hedd Wyn John

This could be a cricket score.
I think the Devils will raise their game so I don't see a cricket score but with the quality Sheffield have at their disposal I'm thinking a 3-1 or 4-2 win for Sheffield. I just don't see us getting many in the back of the Sheffield net & with their firepower we'll probably concede a few.