Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Finny

Exactly that. Financially we cannot compete with Sheffield, Nottingham and definitely not Belfast.

Even with their ice rental they are still tens of thousands of £ better off than us every game. Belfast have the same agreement as us, no ice costs etc as they are owned by the operator. They literally have double the income.
Don’t forget that organisation who own the Giants are classed as a charity which also has financial perks

Jesus when a club have a 50/50 that pays out just under £16,000 which means they also make the same in a week, surely that can’t be too far of the players weekly wage, then at least double our fans how do we try to keep up with the Joneses. , it’s the same story at Belfast and to a smaller degree Nottingham, Glasgow has the capacity of bringing in 1,000 more fans than us. We can only compete by punching above our weight, and top recruiting, we are to a certain extent like a Aston Villa team in the Premiership, the thing to me that bugs me the most is not losing, it’s not entertaining, and please believe me that’s what a large portion of our fans will agree with. So where are we going wrong, are we just not good enough, do we not give a toss, do players not want to be here, are players taking the piss, is our coaching not up to scratch, are we not fit enough, are our players a bunch of pussies, who’s here for the ride,are we too soft on the players,are we not passionate enough, what’s the answer folks. Myself and it’s only my view is that we ain’t good enough, and we are flogging a dead horse, I see effort, to a certain extent but I don’t see a side good enough to challenge for trophies, the league’s gone and it’s only just turned December, yes it’s probably being bought, but we used to be pretty good at that tactic years ago. So my New Years Wish is can we have some entertainment please, it’s what most people crave, and it’s also what we pay for, we are keeping our part of the bargain by turning up, can we have something to shout about please.
How you do it or try to is by not pissing off long-term fans who have chipped in their cash over decades through thick and thin that would be a good start

Rempel16

Yes, 9 returnees from 1 season ago (10 if Petgrave had been included) They have recruited strong additions. Shame for them Connolly retired and DeLuca had been involved in some issues, the core could even have been a bit higher.
To be fair, if Connolly and DeLuca were in this year's team they'd be nowhere near as good.

Balmas, Watling, Nicholls and Juusola are all a cut above.... One of them 'might' squeeze in over Simpson, but that's it. It's more like a shame for the rest of the league.

Probably a minor point in the grand scheme of things but something I noticed the other night r.e the intro. I 100% get the stop start nature feeling a bit disjointed from a fan point of view with the 'here we go' into number of the beast into burn it to the ground into ceremonial puck drop into anthem. One good thing about the drawn out nature of it though is that it seems to cause the away team to be sat around getting cold for what feels like forever until the devils even hit the ice. If having to sit through a weird intro means that we're quicker off the block than them, then I suppose can take that

kingmo19.1

I would be interested to know what players you think have come through the Steelerdogs partnership they have that have iced this season? Zero. The last player was Cole Shudra about 6 years ago before any farm team agreement was in place.

You also mention their strength and conditioning coach, and have before as if we don’t have one. Just because the club don’t put out a press release on it or because it’s not on Elite Prospects doesn’t mean they don’t have one. I don’t think there has been a single season where the Devils haven’t had a S & C coach since the Gerad Adams era. Maybe part of a season when Carl Hudson did it (but that was his side hussle anyway)

The Steelers roster is as good as it is because they’ve thrown money at it. That organisation can never be without a trophy for long so have funded a last chance saloon for Fox. They recruited a completely different calibre of player to the Devils.
They don't have a S & C coach - fact!

jimmy snels

Let's just be honest about it all.
We play very bland hockey, have an undersized team, that plays in a manner their careers and size would suggest would happen and seem to be suggesting it's all the players fault.
We recruited poorly, charged the audience more than ever in all ways and now have people in many different ways trying to defend it.
Personally I feel a bit ripped off currently and that second period against Sheffield was awful. Mosey, Wilde and bowns all giving individual errors imho that killed us.
We got smacked about our own rink and it was shit to watch.

Gisland

Finny said:
Don’t forget that organisation who own the Giants are classed as a charity which also has financial perks
Yeah, I've never quite understood how that works.

Same here. What are the perks?..Its something a lot of people dont get.

Wannabe2

So we are now 12 points behind Steelers, and they have a game in hand. But that’s life we know they have the league, ;so that’s that. We are now going to watch the sport we love, but by a team with very little- of anything, bollocks, grit, pride, talent,heart, honesty and passion. We are not a great team or even a very good team and that’s fact, so we now go thru the motions to see the season out,we go to see friends, habit, we have paid for tickets, and what else is there, and we still love the club that at the moment don’t have a clue.

NM
So we are now 12 points behind Steelers, and they have a game in hand. But that’s life we know they have the league, ;so that’s that. We are now going to watch the sport we love, but by a team with very little- of anything, bollocks, grit, pride, talent,heart, honesty and passion. We are not a great team or even a very good team and that’s fact, so we now go thru the motions to see the season out,we go to see friends, habit, we have paid for tickets, and what else is there, and we still love the club that at the moment don’t have a clue.
Make your mind up, some posts you are jumping on fans for slagging off the team and next you are at it.
Totally agree with what you are saying here mind

Wannabe2

It’s a roller coaster team unfortunately, what I don’t like is picking out individuals and naming them on a social medium site. I really want to praise my side and love doing it,but when they play like shit I have to say it. That’s me after watching this team for close on 38 yrs I have to say it as I see it, and not necessary what people want to hear. I love my team and always have but one day we are pretty good, and the next we are crap. So there we are Devo, hopefully you get to to experience what I have experienced as it’s some ride believe me.

Depending on what it's charitable aims are and it's income and how it's classified, that could mean that VAT and Corporation Tax payable is significantly reduced. There are also then reduced costs on some goods, some utility costs are capped albeit maybe proportionately against trading for profit/charitable aims again. Not to mention donations, gift aid, business rate relief.