Devils Vs Steelers - Sun 17 Jan 2016 -6pm - Chat / Updates

wildthing74

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - Sun 17 Jan 2016 -6pm - Chat / Updat

7-3 arse spanking of our most hated rivals and barely 2 pages of comment,oh how times have changed :D

The scoreline flatters them and if we kept turning the screw it could have been 10 and that would have been sweet.

Thommo is an absolute clown and yet again no grace after getting destroyed at BBT and had zero idea how to contain us?He just seems to come to the tent with a "don't want to be here" attitude and clearly that shows on the ice so poor,poor coaching from the start.By recent standards he should be close to getting sacked as that's how they run their club yet I'm pretty sure his best mate won't allow that.

We have taken care of them easily in every home game so far and while we are taking them close in their barn we really need to find a way to win there in the league. I honestly think we look stronger now especially with Fournier at the back and with him and Russell having experience playing on the big pads we are more capable of winning with increasesed mobility.

Looking at the table we can maybe afford to drop a maximum of 2 games even hoping for favours in Scotland so Saturday's game is monumentally big.

Koop11

Fantastic performances all round this weekend. We won 5 out of 5 games in the last 8 days in what I truly believe is a defining week in our season. We’ve kept the pressure on other contenders and dare I say we seem to have hit that gear we have missed all year despite picking up wins along the way.

Credit to Hendrix and Batch for taking on Fitzgerald. Whatever you think of him, Fitzgerald is a very tough enforcer and does that role better than anyone in the league IMO. Batchy has shown once again that he can stand toe to toe with some of the toughest our there (Egner, Olsen, Boris, Keefe, Smith, and now Fitzgerald). He is a great British asset to have on our team.

Both games were pretty physical and the players will probably be hurting tonight but it’s that element of the game we probably missed in the first half of the season. It’s both entertaining and effective as I believe we played our best hockey this weekend so far this year. Perhaps that was our strategy as we did run out of steam last year. If so, well played Mr Lord.

august04

No doubt I'm being greedy but at 6-1, I really wanted us to push on and give them an absolute hammering. That would have been so nice after a couple of heavy defeats in the house of tin.
Saying that, it was as comfortable a home ice victory as we've had for a while. How that Sheffield team are in second spot, I have no idea. They looked miles behind the likes of Nottingham, Belfast and Braehead, all over the ice. The Devils have really picked things up this past couple of weeks and the two new signings not only look very good (particularly Fournier who had a great weekend), but have added competition for places which seems to have made every player up their game and work hard (something we haven't always seen this season). I'm looking forward to seeing how they play on the big ice in Sheffield next Saturday. If we can get 2 points there, I'm thinking our main rivals for the title will be Braehead given their run in. Superb Devils performances this weekend.

ASHIPP

The guy is a racist...he says he hates the Welsh...and looked at the camera when he said it!

He's a grandmaster of foot in mouth. Remember a few years ago those embarrassing things he said about the Panthers over the mic in front of a packed Steelers' arena?

The owner made him apologise to the Panthers' organisation. How the Steelers kept his association with them baffles me. So unprofessional. If you are going to have a rant, do it with class!

ASHIPP said:
The guy is a racist...he says he hates the Welsh...and looked at the camera when he said it!

He's a grandmaster of foot in mouth. Remember a few years ago those embarrassing things he said about the Panthers over the mic in front of a packed Steelers' arena?

The owner made him apologise to the Panthers' organisation. How the Steelers kept his association with them baffles me. So unprofessional. If you are going to have a rant, do it with class!
Whilst I agree it was not called for, It wasn't a racist comment. It's a xenophobic comment at most.
I also find myself continually surprised he is still employed by Sheffield after the number of daft comments he makes.
Maybe he is using it as a "any publicity is better than no publicity" stunt.

ASHIPP

Spearsy said:
ASHIPP said:
Whilst I agree it was not called for, It wasn't a racist comment. It's a xenophobic comment at most.
I also find myself continually surprised he is still employed by Sheffield after the number of daft comments he makes.
Maybe he is using it as a "any publicity is better than no publicity" stunt.
Am sure he meant it tongue-in-cheek. Controversial as ever and achieved his aim...got us talking about him again. He is an embarassment though and thankfully not part of our organisation.

Lets be honest i couldn't give a dam what damage he does to the Steelers franchise

My main concern is the damage he does to the Elite league as whole