Devils Vs Storm - League - 24th Oct 2021

Mazzoak

It’s early days in a season we’re rebuilding, l don’t see any need or point in throwing everything at this game. Play what’s in front & building on the weeks training into a live game, see what plays out. That’ll look like we are struggling, when in reality we’re probably not......

ASHIPP

It would be foolish however to have the wrong mental approach to this game ! Could bite you on the bum.

Yes, Storm fans and the coaching staff are not happy at all with their recent results. This is going to be a game where Storm are going to give it everything. No game is a guaranteed win and our coaches and team will know that too.

moggy#9

Storm 3-0 Belfast with about 10 minutes remaining. Maybe tomorrow will be harder than expected. Hopefully they’ll be shattered
I just saw that result and was going to post exactly the same thing. Fife win again too (though in the cup). Goodness, this league is unpredictable.

Slartibartfast

Yes the league looks like its going to be interesting this season. The Storm victory over Belfast may not be such a shock though if you look at the stats. Yes Belfast have done well in the CC but they have only Dundee and Fife in their group. In the league they are 1 win 2 losses while Storm are 3 wins 2 losses.
Should be a good match tomorrow. I think we can compete with any team in this league but its not going to be an easy ride that for sure.

ASHIPP

Great result for Storm and another win for Fife too. Who cares whether it's a league or Cup game? It just demonstrates that anything can happen and nothing is guaranteed.
I don't know about the Storm players being exhausted after last night.... not playing any hockey last night ( no game for Devils) doesn't always work out either.

Hockeymad

Great result for Storm and another win for Fife too. Who cares whether it's a league or Cup game? It just demonstrates that anything can happen and nothing is guaranteed.
I don't know about the Storm players being exhausted after last night.... not playing any hockey last night ( no game for Devils) doesn't always work out either.
Well I care if its cup or league.
I'm glad giants lost in the league not the cc Cup.

As we all know every points is valuable.

Devils86

I think ASHIPP's point may have been not too take anything away from Fife's win just because it was in the Cup. We need Fife to be winning games, we need all the struggling teams to be doing well (just not at our expense!) so that their fans return and keep coming.

And whether it's CC or League it does go to show that anything can happen. Who would have thought that Storm would have turned over the Giants when only last weekend they were getting done 8-0 by Fife (who looked awful when they were down here).

Anybody being able to beat anybody makes games more unpredictable and that's great for our sport generally. You don't want to go to the game knowing the result beforehand - that's not sport, that's a play.

Mazzoak

Not really a surprising win, it’s still early days, teams are still settling in, feeling each other out and with 18 months without competition it’s going to take a while for game fitness, muscle memory and plays to come sharp again. Which will make for a rollercoaster season, so buckle up folks, it’s gonna be a ride.........