Devils Vs Storm - League - 9th March 23 - 19:30 FO

jenks33

It's retro night in the bay so expect bad music, bad fashion and maybe some old school hockey. It's still tight at the top as the Storm come to town. Not sure how many home games it is left now but every point matters. Storm have lost their last couple of games but have been on a recent run before that. It's also live on the tellybox if you have Viaplay. It's unknown if there will be updates on Ceefax.
I remember those days in the mid to late 90s where the only way I could find out the latest score was on ITV Teletext :) I remember it being Teletext rather than Ceefax for the latest scores, The updates were a bit of a lottery tho. Sometimes you would get the latest score after every period but other times you would just get the final result at midnight!

Last edited:

moggy#9

I remember those days in the mid to late 90s where the only way I could find out the latest score was on ITV Teletext :) I remember it being Teletext rather than Ceefax for the latest scores, The updates were a bit of a lottery tho. Sometimes you would get the latest score after every period but other times you would just get the final result at midnight!
Oracle was itv, ceefax was BBC. Teletext was the technology that embedded the data in spare lines at the top of the picture. (Sorry)

Yes, many an evening spent waiting for the scores to update.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #33
Id completely forgotten they were different things o_O

So are Boniface and Carson seriously reffing? Could be .. interesting.

Devils86

Anybody at the owners Q&A?

And on the topic of 90s text-based news on TV, Oracle must have been rebranded for ITV at somepoint? I remember Ceefax; and Teletext, what was Channel 4s?

Edit: Wikipedia says Oracle became Teletext in 1992 - hence my memory issue

Last edited: