Votes: 43 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 106 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.D.S.

Well you would be totally wrong. I haven't posted as i havent felt the need or should I say that I haven't wanted to post. I do come on here .

I can't see that has any bearing. I have been on THF for donkeys years but have posted about 10 times.

Been a hockey fan for over 40years and don't really bother with 'online' stuff.

I read this thread and asked three simple questions and yet you seem to have summed me up.

And you wonder why I don't post much.

Strange old world

I wouldn't let my response put you off posting. I'm sure others will value your views. It is a forum after all.

Last edited:

moggy#9

I'd also add not to conflate opinions on Twitter with those on here. You only have to read some of the threads on here to know the kind of regard twitter is held in.

Ocko

Todd’s no fool, why do you think there’s more “legacy” logos merchandise on sale than ever before?!
How many more things than last year?

I’ll save you the search - literally 2-3 items.

They are full of new logo merch and it’s selling better across the board

E.D.S.

How many more things than last year?

I’ll save you the search - literally 2-3 items.

They are full of new logo merch and it’s selling better across the board
and that's great news for the club. More money to spend on the things that matter. I don't think any one (well, most sensible posters) wanted the club to suffer. You can still not like the logo and want the club to do well. I didn't for one second envisage (or want) a time where we'd be playing in half full rinks with no one wearing the new stuff. Good on the club for a solid business decision, if that is the case.

I still don't like the logo. Have I said that already? ;)

Kevlar68

Thread starter #268
I understand but it's a forum for people to say what they want when they want within certain boundaries of course.
Gwen hadn't posted in ages and posted a genuine question in this topic so the topic continues.
If new responses crop up then people will respond.
It's not really a major issue is it? It's just how forums work.

I said when the logo was revealed that I didn’t like it and as a result wouldn’t buy any merch. I haven’t changed my mind but it hasn’t and won’t stop me from going to games or supporting my team every week. I can only speak for myself and my partner but last season we spent £200 on a jersey sponsorship and money at every game on SOHB tickets but haven’t spent a penny on either this season. Logo aside, the biggest disappointment for me are the jerseys themselves. We have such a tradition of beautiful looking jerseys but this seasons offering look cheap and poorly designed, particularly the numbers.

kingmo19.1

After a month of trying to get used to that logo and wanting to like it, I’m afraid my opinion is unchanged. It still looks like a bargain basement item you’d find in Poundland! As far as the associated font goes, it’s probably the worst font ever seen on a sporting garment in any sport!

Maybe the logo with a ‘normal’ font would be ok, but the combination of both - looks cheap and a bit tacky in my opinion. I’ve never seen such a weird font used anywhere else, so I’m unsure how that even got past Devils ‘Quality Control’.

Surely the number 8 is meant to look like a number 8, not resemble an Egg Timer!

Why ????

Totally subjective I know and you might love it, if so good for you, but re-inventing the font wheel ???

moggy#9

Given the problems that have existed over the years with lack of clarity on numbers, names, name location, colour clashes on shirts and the like, I wonder whether the league should mandate a standard typeface and name location for all teams. If ever there's a question of a player's name and number for the crowd, surely it's a fail. IMO it's something three CHL have got right.

doron

i still don't like it. and never will. i support the club fully as much as i can. but won't be wearing this logo thou. sorry, the skyline jersey was a great design best ever, whatever your view is, to me the fact remains that you have gone from
old
some loving the jersey / it's ok
to new
it's ok / hate it
so to me, the amount of people that would buy now must be less .
i can't see how you can maximize your sales if a percentage now hate it.

RedDevil17

Whilst I still hate the logo, I support the team. However, if Todd Kelman, Steve King and the other owners think I’m going to be one of the fans who spends money on merch with that logo on it, they can think again!

Last edited:

moggy#9

i still don't like it. and never will. i support the club fully as much as i can. but won't be wearing this logo thou. sorry, the skyline jersey was a great design best ever, whatever your view is, to me the fact remains that you have gone from
old
some loving the jersey / it's ok
to new
it's ok / hate it
so to me, the amount of people that would buy now must be less .
i can't see how you can maximize your sales if a percentage now hate it.
The skyline shirt was brilliant, but as good as the 93 GrandSlam shirt or the isl winning one? I'm quite happy to have that debate. ;-)

Ocko

I hate the printed crap on shirts. Having skylines and pictures in the background, urgh. Absolute no from me. Hockey jerseys should be plain and pure.

Might start a poll, refuse to go to games, DM Steve King and hijack a few threads over it. Will see how I feel later.

BostonBart22

When guildford are back in our barn check their names on shirs , printed in yellow, shocking, unless your sat in first 3 rows you can read them , I know I'm old and sat 6 rows back and can't read them.

moggy#9

Who here remembers the Steelers shirts with player names in cursive script on their arses, or the Ayr team where every player's surname was barr?

Status
Not open for further replies.