Drums and Block 2/3

Thread starter #1
Having been to a few away games this season, I've found the atmosphere to far surpass that at home games. I think this is because the drummers and the noisy people are all together.

I know the drummers used to have their own little 'platfrom' in the old rink, but I was just wondering if there's any reason why the drummers are at one end of the rink and the noisy block and a half are at the other?

Often, the beat gets out of time with the chanting, or we have multiple chants going at the same time. I think it would be better if we were all together. With the new rink coming, we've got the chance to have more of a union in the middle of the rink somewhere. What do you all reckon :?: :idea:

TheStub

shoes_off said:
Having been to a few away games this season, I've found the atmosphere to far surpass that at home games. I think this is because the drummers and the noisy people are all together.

I know the drummers used to have their own little 'platfrom' in the old rink, but I was just wondering if there's any reason why the drummers are at one end of the rink and the noisy block and a half are at the other?

Often, the beat gets out of time with the chanting, or we have multiple chants going at the same time. I think it would be better if we were all together. With the new rink coming, we've got the chance to have more of a union in the middle of the rink somewhere. What do you all reckon :?: :idea:
I have thought the same thing.

Or, maybe better, have drums in block 2 and the current block - really raise the roof. The noisier the better :D

Sheincar

Sorry but I deliberately chose block 2 to be far away from the drums. TBH surely we should be spreading the noise throughout the building not concentrating it in one place. After all there's nothing stopping all the other blocks joining in the noise.

Wannabe2

Sheincar said:
Sorry but I deliberately chose block 2 to be far away from the drums. TBH surely we should be spreading the noise throughout the building not concentrating it in one place. After all there's nothing stopping all the other blocks joining in the noise.
Here Here.

kettdevil1

I'm with Wannabe and Sheincar, drums were always behind the goal at the WNIR and it is good that this tradition continues at the BBT.

Personally I am not a fan (although I respect the fact that others are) and prefer the atmosphere we get from other sources (blocks 2 and 3 at the forefront)

Sheincar

Wonder where shoes_off & kettdevil1 sit as I notice that 3 of the people who've commented sit in block 2.

Have heard stories of people moving into block2/3 as they were frowned on for making noise in their previous blocks.

Perhaps the drummers prefer to have seats behind the goal and wouldn't want to move?

The drums were behind the goal before blocks 2/3 became 'the noisy' blocks. If it is an issue to some, those people could just sit in block 8 and make the noise there!

I prefer the drums in a different block. I like hearing them, but sitting away from them was a conscious choice.

Shame the horns are making their way back in, they are a nuisance. One tooted all through the game in block 3 tonight, annoying all of us.

Obviously great fun for the blower, no fun for anyone unfortunate to sit anywhere near.

Rant over.

BBW said:
I prefer the drums in a different block. I like hearing them, but sitting away from them was a conscious choice.

Shame the horns are making their way back in, they are a nuisance. One tooted all through the game in block 3 tonight, annoying all of us.

Obviously great fun for the blower, no fun for anyone unfortunate to sit anywhere near.

Rant over.
I prefers to sit as far away as possible from the drums and like your self do enjoy the drumming efforts by the guys.
Can't really see what the problem with horns are though, an air horn fair enough but some kid blowing down a plastic tube ain't harming no one.
We send out horn blowers to the rafters on B15 to not annoy people but yet they complained to the steward. If people want a sport where there's no drums, horns or chanting I suggest they try fishing.

BBW said:

Rant over.
I was sat in Block 3 surrounded by the hornblowers didn't annoy me or anyone near me as far as I am aware. If anything I think it adds to the atmosphere on that side of the rink!

There are many reasons we sit in block 8, one major issue for us is no solid Walls.
Sitting in block 8 we get the best out of what we got, yes we recognise we do have trouble with the echo of the drums but again without solid Walls we will always have that. Another thing is the drums have always been behind the away net, a personal choice, just like those who prefer to sit in blocks 2/3/14/15 ect.. As for away travel.... With everyone all in one block yes it's a great. Experience but back in the bbt everyone who travels regular sit in different blocks, I know most are from 2 and 3 but then you have guys from 14/15 and elsewhere, it would be great to recreate the atmosphere of an away game at home but with just 2 blocks shouting at the far end we are more or less redundant as we are limited in the tent, If more blocks made more noise it would be Easier for us to join in without killing a chant, hope this helps clear up a few things our end

KEVIN said:
BBW said:

Rant over.
I prefers to sit as far away as possible from the drums and like your self do enjoy the drumming efforts by the guys.
Can't really see what the problem with horns are though, an air horn fair enough but some kid blowing down a plastic tube ain't harming no one.
We send out horn blowers to the rafters on B15 to not annoy people but yet they complained to the steward. If people want a sport where there's no drums, horns or chanting I suggest they try fishing.
I like the noise and the general atmosphere, just can't stand the horns which have recently crept in. It's a very intense noise if you're too close, which I find physically invasive.

Unfortunately as I a STH I am stuck with them if the blowers are too.

zoesdevil

MrsWildthing74 said:
BBW said:

Rant over.
I was sat in Block 3 surrounded by the hornblowers didn't annoy me or anyone near me as far as I am aware. If anything I think it adds to the atmosphere on that side of the rink!
Didn't annoy me either Just scared the living crap outa me if I wasn't looking web they started blowing! lol :shock: :lol:
It's all part of who the devils are all the noise, we wouldn't get our rep as great home and away fans otherwise!!
Carry on I say but
Perhaps more blocks joining in wouldn't suppress the noise to just certain areas IMHO!!