Electronic tickets

Pondlife

Thread starter #1
Does anyone know if they will accept/scan the barcode off a phone instead of printing out a ticket? Airport scanners can read the barcodes easily enough.

Anyone tried this?

TIA

I have used an e ticket downloaded onto my small Hudl android tablet before. I was allowed entry although I remember I was dealt with by an attendant who sorted it out as I was told the screen was a bit big.. I am visiting from abroad again for the Manchester storm game and have already prepared my ticket in the same way as I cannot print off my e-ticket. No facilities. They definitely accept e-tickets on phones

Devil_Abroad

Bought tickets this week for away game in Nottingham - no extra admin charges - that's right - refreshingly shocked. They quote £18 for ticket and that's all you pay at checkout - amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

Bought tickets this week for away game in Nottingham - no extra admin charges - that's right - refreshingly shocked. They quote £18 for ticket and that's all you pay at checkout - amazing.

They just charge more... admin fee is likely incorporated! ;)

Have Hope#35

Don't mind that - far better than quoting £16 and having to pay £18.

I thought you were referring to the extra £1 that Cardiff charge (meaning their match night ticket is still cheaper). Fair enough if you're happy enough to pay more just so you don't have a booking fee added!?

Devil_Abroad

I thought you were referring to the extra £1 that Cardiff charge (meaning their match night ticket is still cheaper). Fair enough if you're happy enough to pay more just so you don't have a booking fee added!?
Sorry, yes, that's what I meant. I'd rather Cardiff quote £17 if it costs me £17 for the ticket. Far too often these days companies quote a price for a ticket that bears no resemblance to the amount taken from your account. So refreshing that Motorpoint Nottingham they advertise a price and that's what you pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

Sorry, yes, that's what I meant. I'd rather Cardiff quote £17 if it costs me £17 for the ticket. Far too often these days companies quote a price for a ticket that bears no resemblance to the amount taken from your account. So refreshing that Motorpoint Nottingham they advertise a price and that's what you pay.

If you're happy to pay more with the way Nottingham do it then that is fine... I'm happy with the advertised £16 as I pay cash at the rink and incur no surcharge!

Devil_Abroad

If you're happy to pay more with the way Nottingham do it then that is fine... I'm happy with the advertised £16 as I pay cash at the rink and incur no surcharge!
Some of us live 170 miles away and therefore can't get to the rink to by the ticket.

The argument here however is the 'hidden' extra charges companies are allowed to add to the sale of tickets which mean the price advertised isn't the amount you pay.

Why should we be enticed to purchase a ticket for an event when we believe the price to be fair and affordable at the time we see the advert only to find out several minutes later that the final price for the ticket is far more than that advertised?

And it's getting worse. I saw a charge for postage admin being applied even though I was selecting an electronic email and printing them at my own expense at home!

#ripoffBritain

Electro

Some of us live 170 miles away and therefore can't get to the rink to by the ticket.

The argument here however is the 'hidden' extra charges companies are allowed to add to the sale of tickets which mean the price advertised isn't the amount you pay.

Why should we be enticed to purchase a ticket for an event when we believe the price to be fair and affordable at the time we see the advert only to find out several minutes later that the final price for the ticket is far more than that advertised?

And it's getting worse. I saw a charge for postage admin being applied even though I was selecting an electronic email and printing them at my own expense at home!

#ripoffBritain

You should read my link to the Office of Fair Trading concerning Booking fee terms and conditions. It's in the CC thread.

If you feel your being unfairly charged write and complain to the relevant dept, booking fees should reflect the cost the business incurs in the processing of your booking. It's a common misconception that a business uses this to profit from, having said that some do push the legal boundaries, but the majority are incurring costs that are not charged to all purchasers, it's also unfair to include these costs into the ticket price. There are always going to be costs that are seen as unfair, but with some good PR, approachable staff, departments and management you can pretty much smooth over these extras.

As for #ripofbritain, l hear China and North Korea are countries that support there populations and everyone is equal.

Devil_Abroad

That's my point - the ticket price should be what you pay for the event. Running an arena for example has all kinds of costs associated to it - salaries - fuel - tax - etc etc etc (tens of nominal accounts) If you're suggesting they should be allowed to charge their running costs on top of the ticket then let's have a long list added shall we?

Electro

That's my point - the ticket price should be what you pay for the event. Running an arena for example has all kinds of costs associated to it - salaries - fuel - tax - etc etc etc (tens of nominal accounts) If you're suggesting they should be allowed to charge their running costs on top of the ticket then let's have a long list added shall we?

That is why you have a ticket price and a booking fee, both are separate entities in order to ensure fairness.

The cost of running anything makes up the charge you pay, plus whatever % profit the owners want to make.

Devil_Abroad

That is why you have a ticket price and a booking fee, both are separate entities in order to ensure fairness.

The cost of running anything makes up the charge you pay, plus whatever % profit the owners want to make.

That's why it is totally misleading! Are you saying Tesco should cut the prices shown on the shelves and then add all the various costs of the business at the checkout? Balderdash!