Electronic tickets

Electro

That's why it is totally misleading! Are you saying Tesco should cut the prices shown on the shelves and then add all the various costs of the business at the checkout? Balderdash!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No there far more clever, they sell your ID when you take out a loyalty card, position higher profit products in a manner that influences purchasing, and many many more tricks.

E.D.S.

No there far more clever, they sell your ID when you take out a loyalty card, position higher profit products in a manner that influences purchasing, and many many more tricks.

They do not sell your ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

I shake my head on a regular basis these days at his comments lol

I'm sure we'll find out he's actually the CEO of Tesco and has given direct orders to staff to sell customer IDs and we'll all be proved wrong. Here it comes, any second now.... wait.... wait for it.....

Devil_Abroad

I'm sure we'll find out he's actually the CEO of Tesco and has given direct orders to staff to sell customer IDs and we'll all be proved wrong. Here it comes, any second now.... wait.... wait for it.....

Next time I see Dave Lewis in the office I'll be certain to tip my hat and say hi, I never realised! [emoji23]

Electro

Ok semantics then.

Most of these loyalty programs have privacy policies, and they promise not to sell your information. But the policies have fine print like this (from Safeway): “We may share personal information with our affiliate companies or in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business or businesses".

It has happened.

E.D.S.

Ok semantics then.

Most of these loyalty programs have privacy policies, and they promise not to sell your information. But the policies have fine print like this (from Safeway): “We may share personal information with our affiliate companies or in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business or businesses".

It has happened.

Not semantics at all. One is selling your personal and sensitive information on to all and anyone who'll pay for it (which is not company policy or ethical) and the other is selling your shopping habits to ensure you get a discount coupon for vagisil (as an example) in the post because you buy it every week.

Very different but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Think this topic has run its course given the subject is now supermarkets.

Electro

Think this topic has run its course given the subject is now supermarkets.

It's gone to supermarkets because you took it that way.

Tesco and others sell your ID, in house yes, affiliated members. No doubt when the Booker merger concludes those loyalty card members details, shopping habits etc etc will be sold across separate businesses, so as to increase profitability within the group.

Now to get back on topic, Electronic Tickets come with a cost, it's not much, we all know about it, so either pay up or find an alternative.

Devil_Abroad

Tesco and others sell your ID, in house yes, affiliated members. No doubt when the Booker merger concludes those loyalty card members details, shopping habits etc etc will be sold across separate businesses, so as to increase profitability within the group.

Now to get back on topic, Electronic Tickets come with a cost, it's not much, we all know about it, so either pay up or find an alternative.

Why would they sell the information if they already own it? So you have something against Tesco now?

Devil_Abroad

And yes, electronic tickets come at a cost - either leased or purchased - just like the ice - the food - the staff etc etc etc So what point are you trying to make? If you're saying there's nothing wrong with adding costs to the advertised ticket price for the entertainment - then maybe they should advertise the hockey as being free - and only when you go to purchase the ticket are you charged all the other 'costs' incurred by the business?