FACE OFF TIMES AT IAW

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
I dont think face off times will alter at IAW this season but looking ahead to next season. I know todd proposed a 4pm fo on sundays , I know it concerned a lot of fans when it was mentioned at the start of this season, personally i would like to see a 5pm face off , any thoughts out there.. ps. would still be happy if it stayed at 6pm

Jonesy83

I'm hoping it stays at 6pm on Sunday's as I work until 5.15pm most Sunday's. At present I can get to the game for about 5.55pm. If Sunday times are to change to 4pm (or 5pm) face offs, I'll be attending very few games next season and there's 4 of us.

youngbob

This one's gonna be another "can't please all of the people" question

No personal preference, anything from 2 PM to 7 PM would be fine for us
(15 minute drive, no kids at home, retired)

Anyone with a long journey and/or young kids is likely to be in the early as possible camp

Anyone who has to regularly work weekends will be the other side of the fence if they can't make an earlier face-off

The one thing that must happen is a decision before season tickets for next season go on sale

Club needs to organise something, and go with majority, not everyone reads this forum

Ocko

I'd prefer much earlier face offs for a Sunday. Earlier the better IMO, it becomes more family friendly then too.

We have more seats to fill in the new rink so might have to do something different. Personally no time bothers me really, I obviously know it does to some so it's whatever is best for the business for me.

Keep Saturday as a 1900/1930, make it more of a night out type game and then Sunday's in the afternoon and get some families going - the younger fans are the future supporters after all. Whilst 6pm is the norm to us it is quite strange for a sport to start that late on a Sunday, even hockey over the pond starts early on a Sunday.

jimmy snels

Saturday at 7 is great for me. If it was moved any earlier id most likely not get a season ticket as i work 4 days on 4 off til 6:30pm meaning i struggle and beg n borrow for sundays off as it is, for Saturday to be in this category as well it'd simply make it pointless having a season ticket.

I'd rather more saturday 7pm face offs than sundays anyhow as do my friends as its a proper night out for some, a chance to have a few beers.

Something the club and people need to remember in general is a lot of people now work on weekends. Thats how your able to shop, go to the cinema, have meals or even electric in your house on those weekend days. To move it earlier to attract families you might just lose more people than you believe you could gain as they are working whats to them a normal shift.

Keep them as they are, any change for earlier times would lost another 2 ST holders due to work commitments.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Keep it the same (6pm) for the entire 16-17 season to determine crowd figures!

I think Sunday has always been 6pm so I'd like to see it remain the same.

Ocko

Hasn't proved that an earlier face off wouldn't be more popular though.

We need to find an extra 1000 fans on top of our average once we're in IAW, most teams in the league have moved their faceoffs earlier on a Sunday and have found success.

ASHIPP

Face-off times will definitely affect season ticket purchases. Many people work or have family commitments on Sunday afternoons. The 6pm faceoff does not seem to have hindered capacity attendances for most games so many people appear to be managing that time.

Build in rugby and football club/international games on Sunday afternoons.

jimmy snels

ASHIPP said:
Face-off times will definitely affect season ticket purchases. Many people work or have family commitments on Sunday afternoons. The 6pm faceoff does not seem to have hindered capacity attendances for most games so many people appear to be managing that time.

Build in rugby and football club/international games on Sunday afternoons.
Agree. Why go looking for trouble? Its working, why change?

Personally strongly hope it stays a 6pm FO. Haven't had an issue building crowds this season with 6pm.

I can understand why it would be 'nice' for a few with young children (I'll be one of those in a couple months time!) but it heavily punishes MANY who work Sundays.
It'd be a rush for me to make it to an earlier FO.
My girlfriend wouldn't be able to make an earlier time so would have to cancel her season ticket if it was changed. Its already a rush for her to make 6pm due to work. I have other friends who come quite regularly in the same position.

Just don't understand the need to change. Why punish those who work just to make it nicer for others, most of whom would still make a 6pm FO anyway. Doesn't make sense to me. Hoping common sense prevails on this.

Mooney#16

If face off was earlier it would be great for me as I could watch a full game without leaving early but that's purely a personal comment. I bring my boy to a 6 pm face off and we bail about half 7 to get him to bed. But with his attention span to be honest half a game is about right at the moment. So in summary the problem is mine not something Devils need to worry about and the financial aspect is the seat is already bought and paid for. I would keep face off times as they are.

The only one I would change and have spoken to Todd about is the post Christmas game be it Boxing Day or 27th. That used to be a 3pm face off years ago and I thought for that particular game it was brilliant.

Koop11

Many people work Sundays (typically in retail). Retail outlets shut around 5pm these days.

As avid as Devils fans that we are, there are a huge amount of us who are sports fans and football and rugby (certainly during internationals) are prime time during Sunday afternoons.

I understand the kids at school the next day argument. It’s a fair one but it’s also worth mentioning those with young families (like myself) when the weekend is the only quality time you get with them. Bring FO earlier can eat into that time for many mums and dads who go to games. And before anyone says it, bringing a fidgety 18month – 3 year old to the hockey is generally not pleasurable.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it I say.