FACE OFF TIMES AT IAW

I'm also in the 'Don't Change' camp.

As many others, I simply wouldn't be able to attend any Sunday games as i finish at 5.30pm and get to the rink just in time as it is.

There are 5 in my ST group and this would probably directly affect 3 of us (1 being my son).

As I work in retail this is the only real time I get with him and he comes to all the games he can and would hate for him to miss out too.

That being said I understand that it will suit some fans and the club will probably want to try it out which again is fine, but, they need to inform fans before people renew their ST.

wildthing74

6pm for me please. I work every Sunday until 4 and have to pull in favours to finish 3.30 to get there for 4.00 to set up.Anything earlier I'm screwed and whist I prefer Sunday home games there's been way less so made it easier but means missing the road trips on Sunday.

There's no way to please everybody on this and I'm sure many would prefer earlier but 6.00 still means latest game finishes and leaving if you have kids is 9.00 so not too late.We have had great crowds over the years on Sunday 6.00 FO so it's not like we are struggling.

Have Hope#35

The club realised they messed up last season when considering trialling the earlier starts on a Sunday... They said then that it would be trialled in the 2016/17 season so I think we have to expect that it will be! To be honest whether it's 4pm, 5pm or 6pm doesn't really make an awful lot of difference to me even though I bring my little one who on most nights would be in bed by 8pm.

KaneDevils

I never work Sundays nor do the family so earlier the better for us due to travelling and getting back. Regardless of what happens, some will approve others won't. Hopefully as few people as possible will be affected should changes be made. The owners have to do what's best for the club.

I'm a bit split. I take my two daughters (and sometimes on school nights). Having the earlier starts would mean I would get home earlier which would be great (currently get home at about 10.30pm). However we do like to spend the day in Cardiff shopping so an earlier start would shorten this time. If I had to choose I would say stick to the time as it is so as not to upset the majority of people who have been coming to ice hockey for years as loyal fans.

drainage

phil PLT said:
Surely attendances this season have proved that the present FO times have been a success ;)
No they have proved that people can make them but as they have been same for years and years it's hardly a surprise .....only way to tell if earlier times make any difference is to poll or try it

Can't say people prefer current times just because they go to games ..... Attending doesn't infer preference ?

I would prefer an earlier FO on Sunday (and Sat) but doesn't mean I won't still go if it stays same

bdevil

Isn't that part of the point though? People who would prefer earlier FO times can still go if it's later however if they're made earlier it makes it impossible for some regardless of preference.

jimmy snels

bdevil said:
Isn't that part of the point though? People who would prefer earlier FO times can still go if it's later however if they're made earlier it makes it impossible for some regardless of preference.
Thats exactly the issue at hand. You might gain 300 kids. But you may lose 300 loyal season ticket holders by "trying it". 6 is hardly late on a sunday, nor is 7 on a Saturday.

Not all supporters live in, or near Cardiff, so a ten minute trip home is not the same as a two hour trip. You'll never going to please everyone.

Temme

Doesn't bother me when the face-offs are personally - I can make any day any time.

But I will say, it's been 6pm for as long as I've been a fan, so if it's kept at 6pm there is no sense of 'snubbing the fans', however if they change it to an earlier OR later time then there maybe an argument that it's not taking the fans into consideration.

Who really cares though :pickle :Banana

davew

Snogdogs said:
Not all supporters live in, or near Cardiff, so a ten minute trip home is not the same as a two hour trip. You'll never going to please everyone.
Even if you live fairly near Cardiff (eg Newport), Public transport can make for an awkward long homeward journey.

Sunday's @ 6pm, is great as there are buses and trains to choose from, but home games on a Saturday @7pm, mean unless you get back to the city centre before 10pm, you are left with only the last bus @10.50p or train @11.20p, followed by a taxi home from Newport.

So if the club went for a Saturday home fixture I would hope that face off could be brought forward to 6 or 6.30pm.

All in all as Wannabe etc have said, "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

drainage

bdevil said:
But how many that go have to leave early ? That was probably missing off my initial post ......as I said if I had choice I would want earlier I didn't suggest it should be simply if choice was there

Just a thought a lot of clubs have earlier starts I am assuming the law of averages being just that they must have a fair propotion of people working weekends but they seem to make it work ??

Be curious as to how it's not an issue for those having 5 or 515 FO each week some with bigger fan bases than us ?

Ocko

For those who are saying 'if it's not broke' etc etc, we dont know if it is or not. It has never been confirmed that an earlier faceoff will result in a lower attendence.

We dont know how many people are put off by late face offs, because they obviously arent at the games which in turn means they wont be regular enough fans to post on the forum.

We just don't know whether it's a better option or not. I guess Todd must know the pros and cons having changed the faceoff times in Belfast. Bare in mind we have to find another 800 fans to fill IAW. It's not a given this will happen once the initial enthusiasm and rush is.

6pm is late for a Sunday, no other sports are at this time. Unless you live within the immediate vacinity of Cardiff and drive you will not be home before 9:15pm. That rules out an awful lot of people who need to be back at this time or earlier for work and family reasons, and if i was to hazard a guess more than that who would be stuck working.

It doesn't make a difference to me either way fortunately and I get that for some people it is far from ideal but I'm sure if the decision is made it is for the better of the club and if it does effect the business in a negative way then I'm sure it would be re-addressed.