*** Face Off Tonight DELAYED!! ***

Finny

Thread starter #1
Tonight's face off will be delayed. The Zamboni broke down last night and they are currently resurfacing the ice manually.
A replacement Zamboni is on its way, but Face Off will be delayed. It is anticipated to be a 7pm FO.

About time Planet Ice re invested some of their massive profits ( from Cardiff ) in some preventetive maintenance or even a new machine

Note to PI Preventetive maintenance is something you carry out to avoid breakdowns

Biggest game to be held in Cardiff since PI took over and they fail miserably, not good PR for them

wildthing74

Must be a world record for delayed FO's this season.Oh well,can't be helped but hope it is only 1 hour cos with 2 small kids with me I don't want another stupidly late one like the game in November. :(
Thanks for the heads up Finny.

But surely even the most up to date maintenance doesn't mean things will never break down. Although I do agree it is a very old machine, having said that I don't know what their life span is.

cardiffdevil said:
But surely even the most up to date maintenance doesn't mean things will never break down. Although I do agree it is a very old machine, having said that I don't know what their life span is.
You probably are right, but i had a lift home lined up for tonight so i could have a few beers now thats all gone a bit Pete Tong....

Diafol

I'm not trying to stick up for PI in any way, but it seems that it's not just us, the Giants-Capitals game was abandoned last night.

Taken from the Giants website:

With only 2 seconds remaining in the 2nd period of play on Saturday, the LBM Belfast Giants game versus the Edinburgh Capitals was called off due to complications with the ice surface.

The Giants would like to apologize to the fans for the inconvenience and will have more information on Monday once they speak to the Elite League, to the Edinburgh Capitals and to the Odyssey Arena

cardiffdevil said:
Only a couple of weeks ago we had a face off delayed with a hydraulic problem on the Olympia, a major overhaul needed, this should have been planned with a suitable replacement found to cover the downtime, it is called a Maintenance Plan

And do you believe PI have a maintenance plan in operation ?

I'm probably wrong as someone would ahve mentioned this by now - but don't the Devils have some sort of part to play in the maintenance of the ice machine. And don't Ford have something to do with it as well?

Bit shocking that the problem occured last night and they are struggling to sort it out within 24 hours - you would have thought they'd be ready for this happening at some point. And from what I've seen - this is far from the first time they've had problems with it

Oh well - looks like I'll be watching all of the Carling Cup Final before setting off... possibly even if it goes to extra time and penalties as well