FAO Gerad Adams / The Clubs Management

Finny

Thread starter #1
Whilst they don't post on here I'm pretty sure they do read here, so I'm making this offer to the club publically:

Firstly, I don't believe the EIHL rules on game bans in the final 5 minutes is an automatic ban is correct. If it is, then the club should IMO appeal the original game penalties as IMO they shouldn't be anymore than 2+2.

However, I am willing to offer my services to the club to exploit this mistake/loophole in the EIHL rule book.

-Register me as a player. I'll admit my skating can only be rated as 2/10 - but that is still 1 better than Sharps. I also promise to practise and workout in the gym everyday to bulk up.
-We have several double-headers over the season. When we have one of these (e.g. this weekend) - pick me for the Saturday game. For the first 58 minutes I shall happily warm the bench, fill the water bottles up etc etc.

However, with 2 minutes to go - give me a shift on the ice. I shall pick out the oppositions best player and once the puck is dropped I will jump him from behind. After quickly wrestling him to the ground I shall continue to punch him like a complete coward. The opposition players will then charge in and try and pull me off.

If I'm lucky I might be able to drag in 2 plus the original person I jumped. EIHL rules will then state that these all get automatic game penalties, which are then upgraded to a match penalty.
So I will miss the Sunday game, but the opposition will miss up to 3 first line players.

Sorted.

drainage

Finny said:
Whilst they don't post on here I'm pretty sure they do read here, so I'm making this offer to the club publically:

Firstly, I don't believe the EIHL rules on game bans in the final 5 minutes is an automatic ban is correct. If it is, then the club should IMO appeal the original game penalties as IMO they shouldn't be anymore than 2+2.

However, I am willing to offer my services to the club to exploit this mistake/loophole in the EIHL rule book.

-Register me as a player. I'll admit my skating can only be rated as 2/10 - but that is still 1 better than Sharps. I also promise to practise and workout in the gym everyday to bulk up.
-We have several double-headers over the season. When we have one of these (e.g. this weekend) - pick me for the Saturday game. For the first 58 minutes I shall happily warm the bench, fill the water bottles up etc etc.

However, with 2 minutes to go - give me a shift on the ice. I shall pick out the oppositions best player and once the puck is dropped I will jump him from behind. After quickly wrestling him to the ground I shall continue to punch him like a complete coward. The opposition players will then charge in and try and pull me off.

If I'm lucky I might be able to drag in 2 plus the original person I jumped. EIHL rules will then state that these all get automatic game penalties, which are then upgraded to a match penalty.
So I will miss the Sunday game, but the opposition will miss up to 3 first line players.

Sorted.
Sounds like a plan ! I will be your cushion sponsor (58 mins is a long time to sit on a wooden bench) will chip in couple of quid any preference on colour ?

Finny said:

Sorted.
If this was a facebook status, I'd definitely "like" it!

I posted something similar on the players ban thread. Essentially, that is all Sharp is there to do!

Wannabe2

Please register me as well, my skating is worse than finnys, but on par with Sharpes and i can look after myself better than him. I can guarantee getting thrown out, but will take someone with me. Imagine the headlines Devils grandad banned for life.

ASHIPP

jimmy snels said:
maybe me, wannabe2 and finny cud form a formidable "infurno" line and 'play' the last 20 seconds of every game! lol
No need to send them out on the ice with sticks because they'd be dropping their gloves straight away! :lol:

Wannabe2

I got a secret weapon anyway, if Huppe can throw his stick into our bench, i can throw my Zimmer Frame into theres, i,ll throw in the wooden leg as well, and the teeth.

Rempel16

I can appreciate that this is tongue in cheek, but its a serious option that the club could adopt, sign a nutter, pay him in beer and tell him to go wild on the opposition. When he gets chucked out of the league, sign another one.

Wannabe2

Rempel16 said:
I can appreciate that this is tongue in cheek, but its a serious option that the club could adopt, sign a nutter, pay him in beer and tell him to go wild on the opposition. When he gets chucked out of the league, sign another one.
Pay me in beer and i will wipe the Steelers team out. :lol:

James

Administrator
Rempel16 said:
Well the Steelers did it last year :D
I'd hope we were better than them though.

Wannabe2

James said:
Rempel16 said:
Well the Steelers did it last year :D
I'd hope we were better than them though.
Yea they dont have SA.

drainage

On the negative side I am short and cant skate ...... on the positive side I can be really really really annoying and a lot of people want to throttle me !!! If I can stand up on the ise I bet I can get someone to lamp me !!

jimmy snels

so with Ger-Devils and drainage now in we hav a full line ready for the next double header.... do we flip a coin for which of us takes on the biggest or is it simply first come first served so to speak?!?! lol :lol: