Final - Devils Vs Panthers - Sunday 8th- 4pm Chat / Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1
Its the big one the Play-Off final and it doesn't get much better than this Devils V Panthers !

In case you missed it ? Here's details of the Devils Semi V the Belfast Giants ( #almosttheyear)
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/belfast-3- ... ff-p177003

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from starting at 3pm for the 4pm face off at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting the game on MNL and will be contactable before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Lets turn the upside down frown back round the right way !

Skippy

Thread starter #2
Re: Final - Devils Vs Panthers - Sunday 8th- 4pm Chat / Upd

Yes the thread is a little early but its nine - two to the Panthers at the minute :)

Would be nice if Wales Online could have promoted todays game a bit more and also have an update of the result.

I know ice hockey is not on a list of priority for Wales as a whole but as soon as you log onto Wales Online its all about Cardiff City, Cardiff Blues etc...

No mention that Cardiff Devils have made it to the final (AGAIN) or today was a big day for the club etc.....

Now I know there will probably be a report by morning but its seems its so quick to update football and rugby but surely todays game is bigger than any league game???

Surely an emailed report could have made it to the office before Cardiff City had finished their game??

Rant over :evil:

Martynwo

Diavlo rosso said:
Would be nice if Wales Online could have promoted todays game a bit more and also have an update of the result.

I know ice hockey is not on a list of priority for Wales as a whole but as soon as you log onto Wales Online its all about Cardiff City, Cardiff Blues etc...

No mention that Cardiff Devils have made it to the final (AGAIN) or today was a big day for the club etc.....

Now I know there will probably be a report by morning but its seems its so quick to update football and rugby but surely todays game is bigger than any league game???

Surely an emailed report could have made it to the office before Cardiff City had finished their game??

Rant over :evil:
BBC Wales broadcasted an interviewed Stuuuuu after the game, very good publicity

The biggest worry for me is whether I will have any sober texters.

A brilliant result against the Giants all we need now is a repeat on Sunday. But please can we win without O/T and penalties - the strain is too much.

OJ

Best team won a poor final.. Must be hard getting so close yet again only to come up short..

Credit to Corey Neilson for winning yet another title.. He may not have a league championship but he now has more trophies than any other coach apart from Thomo in the EIHL era..

Wondering the the dates for next year's playoffs were announced today, like they were last year?

oneill said:
Must be hard getting so close yet again only to come up short..
From where I'm sat I don't think it is. I don't think too many people expected the Devils to get this far, let alone lose 1-0 in the final. To only lose 1-0 whilst not playing as well as they are capable against an opposition playing in it's own arena with home support is nothing to be ashamed of.

Considering the turmoil this club went through last summer I actually see it as a positive thing that they got this far. I agree the best team won , but as Brent Pope said 'It's not our turn yet' but it will come. Actually the best team didn't win the final because we beat them in the Semi Final ;)

We were underdogs by a mile today and held a fully benched Panthers team to the last 7 minutes of the game.

The team punched well above their weight, and really showed what a true Devils team is all about.

Even though we didn't win, I think it's a proud day to be a Devils fan.

Darn tootin'. They played such a tight game after a tough battle yesterday, and after all that's gone on this season and in the run up to it, I think this team can be very proud.

We were missing some big names from the forwards, too. Voth and Maxi are proven goalscorers, and I wonder if that was the difference today. Fantastic team effort, I'm still going to be wearing my t-shirt tomorrow with a smile on my face.

Credit to Corey Neilson for winning yet another title..
Yes, he won three games in a row, all on home ice in front of his own fans. Massive budget, massive roster, huge achievement !! :lol:

osh

First of all, congratulations to The Panthers! I thought our guys were magnificent over the whole weekend and who knows what may have been if we had Max available to play plus a fully fit Chris Frank. Our Brit replacements justified the faith G had in them and for Harding to carry on after the huge hit from Lepine deserves a special mention too. Last but not least, our fans were magnificent today and I'm sure the huge vocal noise they made spurred the team on. It will be interesting to see who goes and who stays, but once again, we had a team we could be proud of.

Proud to be a panther again this weekend !

But take nothing away from you guys you worked your ass off. Players and fans. Lyle had a great weekend for you guys And I thought you might pinch it after the call on Lepine ( which may I say was not right ;) ). Thank you for a great weekend and commiserations.

One of the best things about this sport for me is that it is such a minority sport, and for the most part we form a fan community.

Thanks Kezy, I like you!

Slartibartfast

Awesome performance against Belfast but I think it took it out of them. They looked knackered by the third period in the final. Lyle was outstanding in both games.
They should be proud of themselves though.

kettdevil1

Awesome defensive effort in both games. I lost count of the number of blocked shots in both games and in the final. Whoever chooses MOM must have put Stevie, Kenton and Ritchie's name in a hat and chosen one at random.

Massive credit to Josh Batch and Adam Harding today as well, both had fantastic games.

Gutted that we lost but very proud of the performance.

Why thankyou ;)
And I'm not just saying this but if we would have lost today I would glad it was to the hands of the Devils you would have deserved it.
Oh and Beatbox I disagree, you can not knock what Neilson has done at Panthers. All this in front of his own fans is ridiculous. Over both games we probably had about 45% panthers fans and the rest were against us. So in terms of fans you had the upper hand. As far as league and budget are concerned Giants had a bigger squad and bigger budget should they have won all three trophies ?