Finnerty a Devil?

ASHIPP said:
By the way, looking forward to Devils v Blaze over the weekend! Your guys could have done the Devils a favour by beating Nottingham twice last week what happened ? ;) A rare loss for the Blaze - but no sweat. Think Coventry are looking like the solid contenders for the League this year.
A favour by us beating Nottingham? I'd have thought it would be the other way around considering the league table combined with games in hand :roll:

We seem to be quietly slipping under the radar again this season. No big over the top press releases about being top of the league in October cough**Nottingham** cough. Just getting on with business and grinding out results. Think we'll struggle this weekend (and the next few) without Watkins and Owen. It really hurts the bench when you are 2 Brits down, in particular when you don't have much depth anyway.

I think Finner is a great signing for you. I was gutted when he didn't resign for us, and will be even more gutted now to see him playing against us.
Finner always gives 100% and needles the opposition if necessary, not that you need any more of that ;)
All the best to Ryan, apart from when he plays against us. Can't wait to see him back on the ice. Watch out Richardson :D

Russky

Mark666 said:
Anyone here watch the American Office?

I think we should sing the "Ryan Started the Fire" song after he scores.

Ryan started the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning...

:lol:
Sorry but do not pervert the excellent Billy Joel Song purely for your own amusement!

rolf

So it emerges that Mr Finnerty did call our ice arena a grotty little tent then. Well you cannot admonish the man for telling the truth. It is a grotty little tent with an iterior straight from an ikea wardrobe catalogue. It benefits from pish-poor sightlines in most seats, it costs you 400+ welsh euros to be sure of a bit of plexi where you CAN see proceedings. It has lighting that wobbles every time the wind blows and thats every game because it is right on the coast. The pa can be a bit hit'n miss though not this year AND THE FREE PIZZAS ALWAYS GO TO THEM IN THE SEATS FOR CHRISSAKES !!!!!!

Do I love the place? Hell yess ! Would I swap it for anybody else's rink? Hell yesser in a heartbeat. Apart from the hockery product, it's only other redeeming features are the bar and MEG !! Hell I love that girrrrl.............

David Simms spat his dummy out cause finner turned down the steelers, and then in norrmall sheffield style goess on nottingham bashing !!!!

on the blaze fourm

RE: [blaze] Finnerty signs for Devils [Scanned]‏
From: blazehockey@yahoogroups.com on behalf of David Simms (david@alex-smith.co.uk)
Sent: 10 December 2009 13:23:26
To: blazehockey@yahoogroups.com

Listen, let them do it, let them sign 20 imports, let them play 20
imports, let them 7 at any one time, they still won't win anything, it's
the Nottingham way

Good to see the rest of the league buying in at last, we have been
telling the World about them lot for 15 years

-----Original Message-----
From: blazehockey@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blazehockey@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Graeme Mulvaney
Sent: 09 December 2009 13:00
Subject: Re: [blaze] Finnerty signs for Devils [Scanned]

I thought they'd brought in a rule to allow you to swap players in and
out between games - or does that only work if you play out of the NIC ?

Gazza272

devils2001uk said:
David Simms spat his dummy out cause finner turned down the steelers, and then in norrmall sheffield style goess on nottingham bashing !!!!

on the blaze fourm

RE: [blaze] Finnerty signs for Devils [Scanned]‏
From: blazehockey@yahoogroups.com on behalf of David Simms (david@alex-smith.co.uk)
Sent: 10 December 2009 13:23:26

Listen, let them do it, let them sign 20 imports, let them play 20
imports, let them 7 at any one time, they still won't win anything, it's
the Nottingham way

Good to see the rest of the league buying in at last, we have been
telling the World about them lot for 15 years

-----Original Message-----
From: blazehockey@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blazehockey@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Graeme Mulvaney
Sent: 09 December 2009 13:00
Subject: Re: [blaze] Finnerty signs for Devils [Scanned]

I thought they'd brought in a rule to allow you to swap players in and
out between games - or does that only work if you play out of the NIC ?

Where did he spit his dummy out about finnerty?

ASHIPP

Merthyr Devil said:
rolf said:
So it emerges that Mr Finnerty did call our ice arena a grotty little tent then.
The article that people are saying he didn't say was this one:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/icehockey/Steeler-Ryan39s-blind-rage.4703198.jp

That piece still makes me laugh :lol:
And now he's quoted in the Echo saying he's coming to ' a great little tent'. Well, he HAD to say that didn't he now he's signed for the Devils! :lol: If he didn't want to be misquoted in the first place, he should never have allowed his comments to be overheard (if it's true).
Great player but I'm afraid I'm out with the jury until he demonstrates what he can do for the team..... and he has been hailed as a 'star' signing. I really don't believe any of the guys think of themselves as 'stars' - it's all about TEAM ethic and the Devils are just fortunate enough to have a bunch of players who are all quality. :cool: