Flames Vs Devils - CC - 16th Oct 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
As the never ending procession of CC group stage games grinds on we find ourselves at our weekly visit to the Spectrum. Devils still really needing to pick up points against top of the league Guildford if we want to progress to the next round.

Can anyone clarify the criteria for qualifying out of the group?

Flash scores shows Devils as being top of the third placed teams with Dundee listed as bottom but the league website shows Dundee as having already qualified.

Obviously last year there were only 9 teams in the Cup so only one missed out but if I recall the last time we had 10 teams in this format there was a “play in” round between 8th and 9th ranked team.

I’m sure I saw win percentage being factored in rather than points but Dundee getting an OT loss point makes that more unclear. How does an OT loss point get factored into win percentage?

ASHIPP

Afraid I can't see anything but a Flames win today. A very good team who are on form in both competitions and I doubt their journey back from Glasgow will affect them very much.

What an embarrassing situation the Devils are in with this competition. Another loss is another (almost final) nail in the coffin of elimination. A win will put them in a stronger position. They need that revenue from the next stage of the CC...as any club would.

lloyd_jeff

Each year there is a repeating cycle of circumstances, both with the club (big body, physical games…….that rarely occur) and comments on the Inferno. Which is why I’ve got either piles or the feeling we will repeat again with a complete turnaround from last night. Devils to come out full of fight, with buckets of passion & grit. The Inferno will spit into to two camps, the ones who never doubted we had it in us and the others perplexed as to our inconsistency…………..l jest, only Brandt has the PPG, the rest, well it seems we have another year that is yet again a team of coasters, retirees & the can’t be arsed. To which we will blame the coach & the changing room ambience, maybe we should consider painting the room pink next year.

Has anyone bought the Flames webcast before? Is it any good? I'm a glutton for punishment so contemplating purchasing it today.

Pondlife

Kozun starts

Any idea why the Devils tweet and image has Puckstop.com in/on it. That's Bownsy's sponsor - Kozun is TidyComps isn't he?

Can anyone clarify the criteria for qualifying out of the group?

Flash scores shows Devils as being top of the third placed teams with Dundee listed as bottom but the league website shows Dundee as having already qualified.

Obviously last year there were only 9 teams in the Cup so only one missed out but if I recall the last time we had 10 teams in this format there was a “play in” round between 8th and 9th ranked team.

I’m sure I saw win percentage being factored in rather than points but Dundee getting an OT loss point makes that more unclear. How does an OT loss point get factored into win percentage?
It's points percentage not win percentage.

Dundee have a 0.58 points percentage and the best the Devils can get is 0.5 by winning the two remaining games. So Dundee have qualified as they can't be overtaken in the points percentage.

Top of each group qualifies automatically with the remaining teams being ranked on their point percentage. Bottom two teams miss out on qualification.