Flyers Vs Devils - League - 19th March 22

sounds to me that its 28 players in a season not all at once.for example you can register 9 imports if your unlucky enough to have 9 injured players over a season but when the player who is replaced is fit again you have to release an import and not carry spares.

Mazzoak

So you can have 28 players registered, the permissible maximum allowed. If say RAINE is injured tomorrow long term, Mullens would slot into the team for thenext game. So no rules are broken. Or am I still missing something / being over-simplistic?
We’ve currently got 21 players signed. Thats 19 skaters, two netminders. The rules state you can have 28 players. On any game night only 19 players are allowed to play. So you sit 9 guys every game. That leaves 9 guys to cover Covid issues, injury, illness etc etc etc. Not with 21, your playing every guy, every game. It’s the Bowns syndrome, rely on the minimum, which is fine, l couldn’t give a monkies, it’s not my club to run. When other teams have extra capacity, their potentially in a better position to compete. Like l said if you are intent to challenge, realistically you need to keep up with the competition at least. Financially it’s unrealistic for Cardiff to do this, your paying wages to players not playing and they want to play.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

sounds to me that its 28 players in a season not all at once.for example you can register 9 imports if your unlucky enough to have 9 injured players over a season but when the player who is replaced is fit again you have to release an import and not carry spares.
If that’s the case, who was stupid enough to believe that was workable & agreed to it. On average a team going into the last 3 or 4 months will be carrying at least 3 injured players, probably more, add extra fatigue because of the short benches. That means EIHL clubs potentially looking for 10 plus players, at this time of the year, to play a few weeks or a month maybe. Really..........

Mazzoak

the same people who thought a 19 man squad was workable.
It’s workable if you rotate players rested, so logically you’d sign extra at the start of the season because of the short bench. That’s why having up to 28 players makes sense, you’re able to account for fatigue and injury.

we always carry spares normally but we are not this season because your not supposed to this season.im going by steve's post as he owns the club and knows the rules set.

Mazzoak

we always carry spares normally but we are not this season because your not supposed to this season.im going by steve's post as he owns the club and knows the rules set.
So as Belfast, Sheffield, Nottingham and Guildford who have too many players have broken the rules and therefore the Devils will strongly push for those clubs to be void from the league and we win everything........

moggy#9

I thought that although the original agreement was for a maximum of 28, the clubs agreed to reduce that to 19 just in case covid shut everything down again.
My understanding was that although 28 could be registered over the course off the season, the total registered at one time could only be 19. So if a player is injured they go on IR and come off the 19, but are on the 28. In this basis having a spare, who to count as signed must be registered, and having 19 in the squad already goes against my understanding of the rules.

"In a season "can be at any point in time. The first day of a season, the last day of a season are all within a season. Nothing in the rules state import for import. You could lose an import to injury and replace with a homegrown player.

I wish Steve or Todd would respond and shed a little clarity. Both read the forum and to through out a comment comunicating the DEVILS have stayed within the rules as agreed, does cast a shadow that the other teams are not.

E.D.S.

So as Belfast, Sheffield, Nottingham and Guildford who have too many players have broken the rules and therefore the Devils will strongly push for those clubs to be void from the league and we win everything........
Keep going sweetheart. Even the owner has corrected you and you’re still going.

I’m rooting for you though… what else have you got…..? :eek:

SteveKing

19 on the roster maximum at any time. Hypothetically you could carry spares but everyone counts on the salary cap unless they are on long term injury. So practically speaking you can’t carry any spares unless your 19 man roster is well under the salary cap. So you can debate all you want about whether all teams have abided by those rules but those are the rules.

19 on the roster maximum at any time. Hypothetically you could carry spares but everyone counts on the salary cap unless they are on long term injury. So practically speaking you can’t carry any spares unless your 19 man roster is well under the salary cap. So you can debate all you want about whether all teams have abided by those rules but those are the rules.
I haven’t seen much in the way of clarity on the roster rules, but that seems to put one team at least in the spotlight.
I wonder how the league and its rules stand on bringing loan players in. Same as a permanent signing I would have thought.

Mazzoak

So the rule is correct, the teams are correct, you sign up to 28 players and play a bench of 19 in a game. That’s why teams have the number of players on their websites. The teams that haven’t are lower in the league, those that have are at the top. Simple really.

Mazzoak

more than likely the teams lower down have kept to the cap and as a result are struggling to compete because of it.
If that’s the case why are teams staying within the cap. For me it seems there’s a rule that has been incorrectly interpreted by some clubs. Maybe behind closed doors that’s been acknowledged and it’s too late to do anything, no rules broken, no chance for clubs to increase rosters. Unless the league has an independent mediator who can administer penalties, it is, as they say, what it is.........some clubs obviously wanted to win much more than others.

Kevlar68

.........some clubs obviously wanted to win much more than others.
Please.....give it a rest now, we know what you think about this team for this season, almost every topic you post in goes on and on about it and not one member from what I have seen has agreed with you but you are entitled to your opinion but the repetition is getting boring, it's almost like you keep saying it until everyone agrees, which they won't.

Last edited: