G.B.

doron

Kirk has been man marked for most of the game. Tetlow has had better games . Poland played very well, hard fort game well done guys

moggy#9

Kirk has been man marked for most of the game. Tetlow has had better games . Poland played very well, hard fort game well done guys
That's fair, but when one player gets a lot of attention it should allow space for others and the ability to potentially draw penalties. That didn't happen, but credit to the GB pp.

I was surprised they have bowns mom.

kettdevil1

A bit surprised by some of the negativity. I wasn't sure what to expect but have thoroughly enjoyed both games and the atmosphere at the NIC has been superb. Yesterday was a strange game, Korea offered very little in terms of physicality but some of the interplay, especially between Neilson, Curran and Kirk was as good as you will see and Kirk's final goal was met with an audible gasp.

Today was a really tough match up and whilst I can see some of the criticism of the D, I actually thought Poland's D was far more suspect and even in OT, I couldn't see any result other than GB win.

Bar Italy, this was always the key game so although GB can't let up, a key battle has been won.

kettdevil1

That's fair, though they'll have to play a lot better against Italy, and improve significantly to survive in the top flight if they go up.
Agreed. The Italy game should decide the group winner and as you say, next year (assuming things go well this year!) will be much harder!

Slartibartfast

I have been really impressed with GB. Their passing looks like they play together every week.
They do have some defensive frailties though. Italy will be an interesting one.

Its also great to see Waller working well on line 2 with Lake and Hammond. These are the calibre of players Waller should be playing with. He was wasted last year. Russell is bringing out the best in him. Lets hope we see Waller and Russell here next year.

pjj365

We should win tonight putting us top
Then there are 6 points up for grabs
Italy and GB should win 1 of 2 remaining games
Poland should win both of theirs that gives
Poland 13, Italy 9, GB 11
Looks like Italy is a must win - so not much help

kettdevil1

Poland just beat Italy 4-2
I think that is best for us.(but not really sure!)
I think (and could be wrong) that this is not a great result for us as if Italy had won then barring some strange collapse then the top two would be fixed. Now it is 2 from 3. I would still back us but it does mean that we need to beat Italy (Brandon McNally and all.....) on Friday to make sure.

moggy#9

GB are looking a bit sloppy at times. O'Connor got away with one stupid play, and for some reason we're playing tetlow on the pk.