GB

Wannabe2

Maybe but if Ben had started today I don’t think the outcome would have been much different, the whole Russian team were made up ofNHL and KHL players. The lads done well in fairness.

Kevlar68

From what i saw the GB team looked well out of shape and not surprising, looked sluggish, lacking confidence and touch. Pretty poor but that's due to EIHL not having a season and GB players not fully up to speed.

Wannabe2

Also Kev they were up against some of the best players in the world, playing for the 2nd rated team in the world, if Man City played Tranmere Rovers it would have been similar. Our lads are being asked to punch hugely against their weight, and they certainly gave everything they had, playing their game one against the might of Russia was always going to be a bridge too far. GB In pool A is untrue never mind any results.

Earnie

Russia are seeded number 2 so the result was predictable.
After the first period I thought GB played well and so did Whistle.
Bowns will play tomorrow. I hope Duggan gets a shot as well.We need to cut down on penalties - which is not easy with the unknown continental referees. There was one holding the stick penalty against GB when it seemed that Russia was holding GB stick and GB was penalised!!

Kevlar68

I totally agree about the opponents but after first period score Russia eased off, they didn't need to go all out as they have tougher opposition ahead and it is a amazing achievement to be where we are, hats off to the boys but this is a pale imitation of the team that got us to where we are now and that's due to one factor covid restrictions. I think if we had had a full EIHL season we could have been closer.

Wannabe2

Possibly yes but being in pool A is always going to be one uphill battle, the lads even being there is in fairness is putting them in the Whipping boys position, we all know that but these lads will be all the better for it hopefully. Cardiff City in the Champions League would face the same dilemma. Except these lads are a few levels above City.