GB

moggy#9

Funny how we all see things so differently.
I think Beskorawany is massively overhyped and overrated and throughout that season our shot selection against him was so poor. I thought we'd learn from one game to the next but we never seemed to.

Besko was very stand-up in his style, very rigid, We should have worked him out.
I think that the key problem we've seen with many of the import goalies is their lack of rebound control. I can't remember if besky was guilty of this, but Shane Owen certainly was, as was Matt ginn iirc. Big, for a goalie, is good as long as they're mobile. Who remembers David Graham at Nottingham, he just filled up the net but looked at though he could barely move. I think that whoever we pick up as a netty, they'll be part of a tandem, agile and a confident puck handler, to get offence moving as quickly as possible.

Rempel16

From all the games i've watched of Beskorowany play he didn't do much wrong also i sit in Block 4 right behind the goal and during the warm ups i've seen him in he actually let very few pucks in, i mean not many at all, so i've seen many away netminders warm up and he was by far better than anyone else and Giants won the league with him.
If he wasn't that good and overrated all the other teams in the league must have also had poor shot selection.
Forgive me, but I didn't say that he wasn't that good. He was good. But he was hyped to something next level and that, he wasn't. Trevor Koenig and Jody Lehmann were far better in my opinion.

As for warm ups, I take your point, but as long as my players are focused at game time I couldn't care less how many they concede when they're stretching their muscles out etc in the warm ups. Every athlete is different in this regard.

Kevlar68

So, i put it to you, if the Devils Org signed Beskorowany, would you be happy with that signing?
They've signed him. he's here to stay, would you be happy?

Rempel16

So, i put it to you, if the Devils Org signed Beskorowany, would you be happy with that signing?
They've signed him. he's here to stay, would you be happy?
On that question alone?
Yes, i'd be happy if he signed.

If I had the choice of him over Bowns? I'd take Bowns. On netminding ability in the big games I think Bowns does have the consistency.... I think you have to take the dodgy ones in a 5-3 win over Fife as part of getting the stellar performances in the cup finals etc.

CJ Motte on the other hand.... I'd take him over either.

ASHIPP

CJ Motte on the other hand.... I'd take him over either.
Now you are talking. One of the most agile goalies in the Elite league in recent years. Could almost be single-handedly be credited for Blaze,'s turnaround in performance during the last active season. They were in 3rd place..... pushing Steelers and Devils.

Anyone remember Dan Bakala (Dundee)?
Another great goalie destined for better things. Neither of these are likely to return to EIHL.

Bownsey certainly put in a stellar performance against Slovakia saving 41 shots and keeping GB in it for 59 minutes.
Some more performances like that and he will undoubtedly be on the radar of clubs.

KaneDevils

What we must realise is, stats can be extremely misleading. Yes a goalie can have 35 or 40 saves in a game which sounds remarkable, but what's more key is the standard of shots and where they came from. Team Russia are renowned for having a low shot rate but a high conversion. Quality over quantity.
Just to add, bowns was excellent vs Slovakia. No doubt.

What was that ex Steele's NM, muskovets or something? He was very good.

Wannabe2

Good luck to GB today, give it all you got lads your last game was superb, it’s a very tough call but one the boys could realise.

Wannabe2

Unlucky lads you played really well lost in ot and shorthanded at the time, the lads are certainly getting better hopefully the confidence will stand them in good stead. Well done lads.

ASHIPP

Team GB did not have the luxury of warm up friendly games. Some of the roster have seen very little hockey in the last 12 months. The squad has no NHL, KHL or AHL players, or players from top European leagues.

Three games played, two losses by only ONE GOAL, and getting better every time. Its nothing short of inspirational. A fantastic battling effort from our Guys. Keep going, keep flying the Flag, keep making fans at home proud.