GB

Wannabe2

There again hockey is most certainly a minority sport in the UK, unlike the top country’s. The Czechs/Finns/ Swedes etc etc would struggle against Wales/ England/ New Zealand etc etc in rugby, it’s the same thing, a uphill struggle.

Ocko

I do think that Josh batch could have played a role on this team. His size and penalty killing would have been very useful.
I don’t think Batch gets a look with the penalty killers GB currently have. Big fan of Batch but I don’t think he’s anywhere near the special teams of GB.

Maybe his size might’ve been useful but I don’t think the games have been overly physical and the way the team have played it’s hard to argue for anyone’s exclusion.

moggy#9

I think Tetlow played the role that Batch would have and in fairness has been generally very good.
With him being so young you can understand why he would be taken.
I've been very impressed with tetlow. Erdthart
Wouldn't be sad to see Tetlow here in place of Batch to be honest! He's been excellent!
To be honest, before this tournament, I was a bit "meh" about tetlow. Now though I can see him (or Jones) as a potential successor to Richardson. Very impressive.

Wannabe2

I must give credit to Freesport for showing so much of the IIHF Championship games.
Also huge credit to Aaron Murphy for his commentaries. He really does his homework and knows the names of every player on the ice regardless of nationality.
Having a team sheet helps, but they do a good job in fairness.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #91
Not good for GB end 2nd swiss 6 GB 2 ..whistle replaced bowns after 2 periods after facing 41 shots in the first 2...Kirk with 2 goals so far..

ASHIPP

The fact that Team GB has managed to score in every game against World class opposition, and demonstrate results that are an improvement on 2 years ago, is nothing short of a miracle, especially during a pandemic! Our National Team had little investment, no warm up games, no NHL/KHL/top league players.

This is something to still be very proud of. Our Team has still got other coaches, sports journalists, commentators and observers talking about our work ethic, style and attitude.

A great experience for our first time call ups, and lots of learning about fitness levels and tactics. Can't wait for the next World's to see what further progress they have made.

moggy#9

Given the challenges they've faced, GB have done incredibly well. Bownsy has, well, done bownsy things. Kirk has exceeded all expectations. Tetlow has impressed and so has Jackson whistle. What concerns me is if Kirk and bowns get jobs in North America and aren't available to play for GB next year.

mjh

Kirk is incredible. He's really improved beyond recognition. He's scored so many for an underdog team. It would be great to see him at a really high level next year. For me, Kirk stands head and shoulders above the rest of GB at the mo. That said, some really great performances from too many to mention. Duggan looked determined today. He just needs to score more imo. Really enjoyed watching GB. They're getting better every year. Lets hope we get some proper hockey in this year with full barns!

moggy#9

Kirk is incredible. He's really improved beyond recognition. He's scored so many for an underdog team. It would be great to see him at a really high level next year. For me, Kirk stands head and shoulders above the rest of GB at the mo. That said, some really great performances from too many to mention. Duggan looked determined today. He just needs to score more imo. Really enjoyed watching GB. They're getting better every year. Lets hope we get some proper hockey in this year with full barns!
I can see Kirk in the ahl or shl next season. That said, a good training camp and he could make the show. Duggan has improved steadily. With the right line mates next season he could blossom for the devils.

Wannabe2

Well that game against the Swiss ranked 8th in the world was untrue, the lads played out of their skins everyone of them and can certainly fly home with their heads held high. When you weigh up everything lack of playing, poor preparations and then having to compete with some of the better players on display in Pool A of The World Championships they have been IMMENSE. Well played lads you flew the Union Jack with heart and soul, and should be very very proud of yourselves, well played and thank you.

Earnie

I wouldn’t know how to do it but it would be good if someone could gather all the accolades about the GB team, and in particular the Welsh involvement , and send it to Mark Drakeford. I think he has forgotten who we are!!