Giants v Devils - 08/02 @ 19:00 - CC SF 2nd Leg - Chat/Updates

Kal

Great win, Louis had a stormer! that Bordy fight really showed his doubters that he's still got it, theres a moment where you can see Keefe realise just how outclassed he is and panic a little. Smith was terrible again and not just for us, that illegal equipment call was a bit harsh too and that Bordy check was no way a game penalty. It was softer than the Clan incident but he'll probably get at least two games for being a repeat offender, although i think it should be downgraded but DOPS would never do that!

The best bit of this win is the seed of doubt we've planted in the Giants mind, losing a lead so badly in their own barn it'll take some doing to get rid of that for the double header next week!

Wow just wow.........as i mentioned after the one goal advantage it made me slightly more confident the use going in on top.........after purposely staying away from anything electronic to check to scores on ......i cant the pressure.....just wanted the game finished, but looked in at 5 mins to go......saw the score .....and was jumping up and down like a grasshopper and wailing like a banshee.......then to realise that the game was played mostly 2 imports down.........i jumped even higher and wailed even louder

This past 'month' has been a real test for the boys, injuries, suspensions , do doubt dops will fabricate another reason to up hold Bordys penalty and give a couple more games for good measure.

This team is definately taking us on a roller coaster seasons, but the past few weeks, we have grounded out someimportant wins, we have gained a point in games that really we were lucky to get, and others that we didnt get.

This is now the real business end, the true colours of our cracking team are coming thrOugh . Lordo has banged on about having winners in the team.....leaders. And this result against the 2nd best team in the league and ateam that has been flying will not only give the boys a real boost, but proves they have, and it should give the fans a real boost,

Psychology of this win could be immense, we no have nothing to be afraid of but our selves.

AND FINALLY "................WE ARE GOING TO ANOTHER FINAL..........AND IT LOOKS LIKE DESTINY BEING IN CARDIFF

These next two months the Devils organisation, coaches, and players......need us on match days to sing, shout, and boo the opposition ......which quite frankly very few i like ......so WELL DONE BOYS.......no lets take each match as a playoff game, show them what we are made of and represent that name on the front of the shirt.

Whatever happens to the rest of the season .........thankyou to the Calagry Four, Toddyboy, Lordo and coaches, players and finally the fans, this is a season of brilliant ups, some incredibly frustrating nights, and a moment of complete horror. And we have another 2 1/2 months left which will continue to make me smile, make me angry, make me frustrated.............But by god this is why i love the sport and even after 25 years with this management set up i am so looking forward to building a legacy for the future with this brilliant ownership amd management .❤️

Oh and if anyone has a time machine......could you pop forward and see how it all ends and tell me, as i will have no nails left and all this excitment and drama is giving me racing heart .ll.would love to just enjoy it

What an absolute cracker of a game, top job boys! To give Belfast such a drubbing in their own barn while missing players and coming from behind, just WOW! I thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight! I think out of all the new additions to the team this season, Louis has probably been my favourite (Asselin close 2nd) and would gladly sign him up for the next 3 years! (Also can we sign his mom if that's how he plays when she's around?) What a top player!!

There are still negatives though, but if I did it after a loss certain posters would get on their high horses.

RE: CJ - Just because he scored his first goal of the season doesn't automatically make him good enough. In fact, CJ would probably be below average at EPL level. I still don't understand why he is here, token academy player perhaps?

Bowns or Re-Bowns I should probably call him, seems to love coughing up 2nd opportunities for the opposition. Throw in the many soft goals he has let in, followed by the inconsistency when his head drops. I'm sad to say it because I was a massive fan of Ben, but having lost the league by 2 pts or so the last two seasons, and with his inconsistencies, I feel that his position is so valuable that we should genuinely think about an upgrade for next season and go for a Brit outskater instead - Ben Davies?

Brine is so slow, every time he got the puck I felt deflated, he's lucky Joey Martin sorted out that breakaway for him!

BostonBart22

What an absolute cracker of a game, top job boys! To give Belfast such a drubbing in their own barn while missing players and coming from behind, just WOW! I thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight! I think out of all the new additions to the team this season, Louis has probably been my favourite (Asselin close 2nd) and would gladly sign him up for the next 3 years! (Also can we sign his mom if that's how he plays when she's around?) What a top player!!

There are still negatives though, but if I did it after a loss certain posters would get on their high horses.

RE: CJ - Just because he scored his first goal of the season doesn't automatically make him good enough. In fact, CJ would probably be below average at EPL level. I still don't understand why he is here, token academy player perhaps?

Bowns or Re-Bowns I should probably call him, seems to love coughing up 2nd opportunities for the opposition. Throw in the many soft goals he has let in, followed by the inconsistency when his head drops. I'm sad to say it because I was a massive fan of Ben, but having lost the league by 2 pts or so the last two seasons, and with his inconsistencies, I feel that his position is so valuable that we should genuinely think about an upgrade for next season and go for a Brit outskater instead - Ben Davies?

Brine is so slow, every time he got the puck I felt deflated, he's lucky Joey Martin sorted out that breakaway for him!
what you on, lets put a downer on this best result of the season is it. bowns had 39 shots against him , he is far better than some of the netties in the other teams , as for ben he outpriced himself at the clan and no doubt outpriced us as well, I would rather have cj and piggsy any time, do you see them moan and groan on the little icetime they get and all for a couple of quid at the end of the week. they both give 110% on the ice.

BostonBart22

fantastic results boys, against all the odds you pulled it back, oh and the hit [ or push by bordy ] will be downgraded, high sticks at most, now if it was a check to the head higgins would still be on his butt seeing stars. smith gave the pen after being pressurised by giants players and fans, which has happened a lot with him this season, think this will be his last season reffing tbh.

Koop11

Fantastic performance. Huge congratulations to every single member of that team. The odds were against us somewhat with suspensions and an absolute bull call early on but the lads played arguable their best game all season.

Bordy has been on fire recently. What an impact he is having. He found his scoring touch yet again and played a great hit and comfortably beat Keefe in front of his own fans (although credit to Keefe for going straight at him – the right thing to do).

Louis was another level tonight. What a talent he is. I loved his reaction to his second goal. That moment was Cardiff Devils right there.

Well done to Chris Jones for a tidy finish. That goal was the clincher for me. Bowns was huge. Richardson, Lord, and Mo (until recently unfortunately) block a ridiculous amount of shots. Richardson’s injury is very unfortunate but it shows the commitment from the man.

I’m very proud of that performance. Bring on the final.

Devil_Abroad

Fantastic performance. Huge congratulations to every single member of that team. The odds were against us somewhat with suspensions and an absolute bull call early on but the lads played arguable their best game all season.

Bordy has been on fire recently. What an impact he is having. He found his scoring touch yet again and played a great hit and comfortably beat Keefe in front of his own fans (although credit to Keefe for going straight at him – the right thing to do).

Louis was another level tonight. What a talent he is. I loved his reaction to his second goal. That moment was Cardiff Devils right there.

Well done to Chris Jones for a tidy finish. That goal was the clincher for me. Bowns was huge. Richardson, Lord, and Mo (until recently unfortunately) block a ridiculous amount of shots. Richardson’s injury is very unfortunate but it shows the commitment from the man.

I’m very proud of that performance. Bring on the final.
And what a finish that was by Bordy - what a tip. Great slow-mo from behind the net to catch it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dean smith didn't call nothing he was 3 foot away from the hit he was the closest person to see the incident how can someone else change his mind??
If he can't see from that close don't bother reffing.

It was a fair hit for god sake we are playing ice hockey not netball :(

kristian

So when will dops look at Bordy tickle?

If next week he likely to miss the game/s back in Belfast

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
So when will dops look at Bordy tickle?
If next week he likely to miss the game/s back in Belfast
They usually try and get them out by the next game the player would play in. As we saw Hoth's was rushed through for last night. You'd hope it will be overturned but after the call on Hotham, who knows.

bdevil

RE Brine.. Am I the only one who thought that paly for Martin's goal was exceptional?

There was no angle for the pass so he put the puck on net but took sting out of the shot, Murphy, expecting a rocket closed up to soon thus giving the rebound straight onto Martin's stick. Worked a bit like a slower ball in cricket. Incredible hockey intelligence if you ask me

Have Hope#35

I think Bordy's penalty was called as 5+Game. So although it'll be automatically reviewed there is no automatic game ban.
Hopefully DOPS will announce that the call on the Ice stands, which IMO is the most that hit deserves! If it is called that way then atleast Bordy had a bit of a rest for the weekend. They said on the webcast that the hit was on Higgins but later people were saying it was on Boxill who played the last 2 Periods with a full cage on? Did Smith change his mind on the Bordy call because Boxill had a facial injury?

Russky

If the facial injury was as a direct result to a check to the head? DOPs have stated that any such hit does not have any kind counter argument, but surely the receiving player has a duty of care to himself though, not to put himself into such a position, whereby he could increase the risk of receiving such a hit ie ducking or otherwise putting his head in a lower position that it would normally be. The responsibility cannot be wholly on the player giving the hit. That is unfair and unjust.

Initiallly the referee did not call a foul on the hit only after Keefe's unwise reaction (perhaps he should have got an instigating penalty too?) in picking a fight with Bordy and maybe only after a word from a Lino did he call it as an illegal check, but as has already been said, the ref was close enough to the hit to decide for himself whether to call it or not and his initial response was not to call it.

Last edited:

matbur

Just seen the highlights, not a great display of goaltending from the Giants!

Massive result for us which will also really test the resolve of the Giants camp. We're really looking like a championship winning side now.

... where's the dislike button?

Seriously though, I don't get how you can see Brine that way. I think he's been one of the most consistent performers and has been a great addition to the squad this season. Simms questioned his commitment at the start of the season, but in last week's home game against Belfast you could see the fight was there, squaring off with the Giants players. Were my name Todd Kelman, I would sign him and Louis up on multi-year deals (and probably give Louis a letter, too).

Gazza272

RE Brine.. Am I the only one who thought that paly for Martin's goal was exceptional?

There was no angle for the pass so he put the puck on net but took sting out of the shot, Murphy, expecting a rocket closed up to soon thus giving the rebound straight onto Martin's stick. Worked a bit like a slower ball in cricket. Incredible hockey intelligence if you ask me
No you were not the only one.

Great hockey intelligence from Brine on that play.