Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

I watched the webcast and have to say what a great comeback. 3-0 down going into the last period and not a hint of panic. That was as professional a period of hockey you could wish to see from us. Adam Keffe who I thought was very good on commentary didn't write us off either ,and you could tell he was worried when our second went in. I'm thinking they may well change tack tomorrow and get very physical. Nickerson and Keffe will be champing at the bit after having to watch that. Cool heads may be needed....Well played guy's.....

ASHIPP

Wow- I need to lie down. That was truly awesome. After Bentis goal you could just feel the momentum swing for the Devils and they were going to nail the game.
What guts and character our Guys have got. This defines winning teams.

Well done Devils - a fantastic result.

kettdevil1

An evening never to forget, at 3-0 down we were dead and buried, but thanks to a tremendous effort this feels like a season defining moment. We now have a free game tomorrow and it will be fascinating to see what the Giants' reaction will be.

The scenes at the end with the entire away block, led by Franny, singing were as memorable as I can remember.

Bring on tomorrow.

backrow

At one point early in the 3rd, I thought it would be great just to get the game to OT. Lordo basically went with different combinations of three lines but I thought Asselin had a fantastic game tonight.

Russky

I said on MNL that the Devils needed a massive third period and boy did they deliver. A great comeback and a 5pt lead over Belfast in the league table, with a game in hand. Lets make it 7 pts tomorrow, but this time guys don't make it so difficult for yourselves. Not that I want much!!!!

Ocko

Asselin's best game in a long time.

But, absolute credit to Lord. He has game plan after game plan. We might start badly but the sign of a great coach is their ability to change a game. His tactics and lines change when they need to and he finds a way to win and keeps adjusting until something works. He's grown as a coach immeasurably and for years before Lord we always complained about the lack of a plan B. Lord has a Plan A-Z lined up almost every game.

Finny

At one point early in the 3rd, I thought it would be great just to get the game to OT. Lordo basically went with different combinations of three lines but I thought Asselin had a fantastic game tonight.
At the end of the 2nd I actually thought we should give up on the game, give the 4th line lots of shifts and try to wear them down in preparation for tomorrow. Belfast were playing with so much energy I thought they'd struggle to do the same in the second game.
Not sure if it was mental or physical tiredness but we ended up wearing them down within 10 mins of the third.

jenks33

Still buzzing after that win. Fair play to Lordo, he gets plenty of stick but how much character did we show in the third. I've never been Bentivoglio's biggest fan but I thought he thoroughly deserved his MOM. He impressed me throughout. Haddad grew as the game went on, he's been unbelievable since Christmas

SteveKing

I'm having a tough time settling down after that one! I had to go into a meeting right after Richie's goal so I missed all the good stuff. Still mad (but not really) about that but my goodness what a win. I think that's the biggest league win in the entire time I've been with the Devils. Now the weekend can only be a positive and could become monumental with another win tomorrow.

So many thanks to the massive number of Devil fans that made the trip over. What a difference that makes for our club. I'm also sooooo envious of the time you're having tonight after that win!

Doesn't get much better than this.

Wow, just wow.
What immense character the guys showed to end up with that result and score 4 unanswered goal in a 3rd period of one of the biggest games of hockey this season!
Absolutely incredible stuff, I was stuck in work keeping tabs on MNL. Left work when the 2nd period finished with us 3-0 down. Got home home and checked MNL to see we had just scored outlr 4th goal!

So proud of the guys, another win tomorrow and we are well and truly in the driving seat. Let's go devils!!!

wildthing74

One of those most memorable nights in all
My years watching this team.
I won't pretend otherwise I had written us off after 2 periods and hoped we would keep a lot in the tank for tomorrow but instead we came out and totally dominated that final period and showed the desire and intensity that looked missing the previous two.
We had a massive following easily the biggest I have ever seen in Belfast and we had started to give up hope.
Richie's goal lifted us and the Devils crowd believed again and the Giants froze and the whole arena then seemed on edge.
Even at 3-2 it felt a tall ask but at 3-3 only we were going to win and to do in regulation was just a massive bonus.
Haddad is a beast and yet again dragged the team on his shoulders and never gave up hope.Bentivoli was fully of industry and always looked like he could create something but Asselin different gravy.What a third period he pretty much ran the show and Giants had no answers.
Credit to Lord his line changes worked and Ben closed the door when he was rarely called on in the final few minutes.
The celebrations,singing and partying after will be that of legend for a long time.
Lots of people talking about champions find a way to win like that and if he play with this botttle the rest of the way we bloody deserve that tital.
I'm speechless and I've been in my room for nearly and hour and can't even try and wind down to sleep.What a comeback and what a night.

E.D.S.

Fantastic performance in that third and arguably half way through the second. Belfast came out flying in the first. Great performance. Joey H... what more can you say about this guy. Even when he isn't scoring his contribution is invaluable but when he's putting the puck in the net too.... he just becomes on a different level.
Loving Andrew Hothams role now too. Seems like less pressure on him to quarterback everything. He seems more relaxed and focussed on his own game.
Nice one boys.

Kudos to the ice time tv guys. The Audi boom is another great addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk