Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

backrow

Devils could have put game away but were only 1 for first 6 power plays.

Penalty shot was apparently for Andrew Hotham putting his hand on the puck in the crease.

I have no idea why Fournier just didn't put puck behind the net to his defence partner which is a much safer play?

Devils with Hogarth's help seem to be self destructing.

According to the commentary team, during last nights game, apparently we were wasting time prior to face offs by huddling together and talking!!!!!! Penalty Shot an absolute ridiculous call. Hogarth has given the momentum back to the Giants.

Ocko

I have never seen a penalty shot following a goal mouth scramble. Is Hogarth making it up as he goes along.?
That call was 100% correct unfortunately. Handle the puck in the crease and it's an automatic penalty shot. Hotham while on the floor put his hand on the puck. Sadly the right call.

Johnnybravo1927

Desbiens is the only one out of those I would take, as Ocko says we have more talented players in those positions. As for Fitzgerald come on mate, this guy really is a liability, loved watching him being rag dolled by Salters.
Fitzgerald is a very good D man. Not as good as a fighter as others but he is very good on D. Not a fan of him as a player but cant deny he has ability

backrow

Most fans had to be confused and upset with referee Hogarth but Chris Jones should be thanking him for Hogarth's very questionable diving call on his careless hit from behind, that negated a Belfast power play. Unfortunately, a few minutes later Doucette took a slashing call but the Devils held on to the "bitter end".
Fantastic weekend!

Wow what a weekend!
Would have happily taken a split weekend but to come away with all 4 points...are you serious!?
Massive momentum gained at the perfect time, surely the guys must believe we can do this. Over the moon is an understatement, lets go Devils!!!

ASHIPP

OMG....awesome result. Keep this momentum going Devils.

A monumental trip for the Devils...possibly the greatest road trip in club history. I mean, what team ever goes to Belfast and gets full points, for God's sake! It was only a few years ago that the Giants used to humiliate us every time.

I'm walking on air right now....is there anybody wearing red in Belfast still sober? Have a great time celebrating!

Slartibartfast

Bad ref decisions both ways. Have to feel sorry for Belfast on that embellishment penalty which was nonsense. Fortunately Hogarth even it up so it was a fair game in the end. Great result and once again devils showing great charachter to win

august04

I always used to love seeing us booed off the ice by opposition home fans, always showed we were doing something right and great to see it again! I would have taken a split weekend but 2 regulation wins is unbelievable. Some strange calls tonight for both teams (not the penalty shot call though which is one of the few Hogarth got right!). It's not often you see an embellishment call on a 2+10 boarding penalty - I think Mason knew the hit was coming and made the most of it but still a bonkers call for me and we got lucky there. For 10 minutes in the 3rd, Hogarth lost the plot completely. Interesting to see how Bentivoglio got injured, never noticed it on the webcast and good to see Lord landing a few on Martinelli too. The long wait is surely coming to an end soon....

jenks33

Another great win. We ran out of superlatives for Joey Martin a long time ago but he was particularly outstanding tonight at both ends of the ice.
Very frustrating that Hogarth was chosen to referee the two biggest matches so far this season. That performance tonight was embarrassing for the EIHL