Giants v Devils - Wed 7:30pm - Chat/Updates - CC Semi

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We have coverage!

Many many many thanks to Dave1140 and Drainage who have offered to help us out from Belfast with some disgustingly bias texts to let us run Match Night Live!

As all the other posts I put up, it can be found at http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl and any score predictions/game insights etc etc can be emailed to us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils of course lead by 3 goals going into this game, with the good run of home games we've had against the top teams hopefully we can change our away fortunes around. The last result in Cardiff saw the Devils win 4-1, the last result in Belfast saw the Giants win 4-1...

Don't think either team is without any key members, or at least down any imports. McMorrow will likely be on the warpath after Voth gave him a slap in the Big Blue Tent last week :p

Chris.

I can't wait for this game its going to be a belter, Bateman missed the Edinburgh away game with a concussion so Awada came back into the team so either way we will be at full strength.

The Giants practice at the Ice Bowl so hopefully we can use this to our advantage, we also have never lost while playing at the Ice Bowl so long may that continue ;)

I would imagine/hope the Giants will come out all guns blazing and put themselves about early on, if we can score in the first 10 minutes then we have every chance as we seem more suited to the larger ice.

How will the Devils play though? Will they sit back and try to play a defensive game for 60 minutes or do they try and kill the tie off and so play a more attacking game and perhaps leave themselves more open to a counter attack.

Will Voth and McMorrow go from the puck drop or will Voth be under orders not to fight as the Devils don't want him in the box for 5 minutes as that only benefits the Giants?

James

Administrator
ggiant said:
The Giants practice at the Ice Bowl so hopefully we can use this to our advantage, we also have never lost while playing at the Ice Bowl so long may that continue ;)
More than happy for you to keep your unbroken winning streak if you only win by the odd goal :)

I think Voth will be under orders not to fight,the Devils are 3 goals up so the more Voth stays on the ice the harder it is going to be for the Giants.I think playing McMorrow may well be suicide for the Giants if everyone refuses to fight him what is he going to bring to the game?

When we beat Blaze on boxing day we scored twice while Voth was in the box for fighting Campbell, when we played last week V Giants we scored twice while Voth was in the bin and Last night we scored Twice while Voth was in the Bin, so you can say losing Voth is a big one for us but we seem to pick up our game while he is in the box.

We need to come out and hit them hard, get in there faces and dont get pushed around like they tried to do in the first leg,

Wannabe2

Wouldnt be surprised to find Mcmorrow isnt playing, the Giants need to put there strongest team out being 3 down. Hope he is though, as they will be weaker for it.

If you are going to Belfast give Bill Welsh a call 07887800095 we always use his taxi and we save lots. He does the airport run both ways and will pickup all day. rhys and rachel went on his black cab tour of belfast (which they really enjoyed) and got it for £20 not £30. Just trying to help everyone save money.

drainage

bubbles said:
If you are going to Belfast give Bill Welsh a call 0788700095 we always use his taxi and we save lots. He does the airport run both ways and will pickup all day. rhys and rachel went on his black cab tour of belfast (which they really enjoyed) and got it for £20 not £30. Just trying to help everyone save money.
Cool am flying over on the 9 ish flight from Bristol (best check !!) will do !!

bubbles said:
If you are going to Belfast give Bill Welsh a call 0788700095 we always use his taxi and we save lots. He does the airport run both ways and will pickup all day. rhys and rachel went on his black cab tour of belfast (which they really enjoyed) and got it for £20 not £30. Just trying to help everyone save money.

Just want to second this. Bill is a top bloke, always makes himself available for us. The cab tour was brilliant, as Bubbles said, me and Rach really enjoyed it and at £20 for approx 1hr 20mins of insight into 'the troubles' I couldn't recommend it more.

Enjoy

Max

Really gutted I'm not going to this...

First goal will be huge. If the Devils get it I can't see the Giants coming back. But if the Giants get it, and it's quick, we have a match.

I imagine the Giants will win, but hopefully something like 2-1 :p

wildthing74

bubbles said:
Going for the league game in March so that would be handy to know.Looks like not enough numbers.Is that right bubbles?

Ger-Devils

wildthing74 said:
bubbles said:
Going for the league game in March so that would be handy to know.Looks like not enough numbers.Is that right bubbles?
How many of you going over for the league game in March? My mate is umming and arring about going so trying to get him to confirm as the flights are £36 return at the mo!

wildthing74

Just the 4 mate.Taking the family so not a jolly boys unfortunatley :lol:.Just got my kids into it properly this year.Gave them the choice of the City and Devils as I go to both and they chose the hockey.
Promised that I would take them to all the rinks in the league within 12 months which seemed a good idea at the time but every trip x 4 is quite costly!

Ger-Devils

wildthing74 said:
Just the 4 mate.Taking the family so not a jolly boys unfortunatley :lol:.Just got my kids into it properly this year.Gave them the choice of the City and Devils as I go to both and they chose the hockey.
Promised that I would take them to all the rinks in the league within 12 months which seemed a good idea at the time but every trip x 4 is quite costly!
Glad I've only got myself to pay for to be honest! Haha

Not doing Newcastle with the city it seems! Trip with the ice hockey off and no one driving up. Don't feel like doing the bus trip again ala Boro two years ago! :lol:

wildthing74

Know what you mean Ger,its a fair old way unless somebody else is driving!
Shame the trips keep getting cancelled as was due to go to Cov and Sheff with them and ended up having to drive to not let my kids down.
Problem we always having with our location is that every game is so far away wether its with the City or Devils.Pretty much used to the travelling now but it is a pain at time especially when we have played pants.

The first period will be vital. In the last 3 games we've concended 5... all in the first period. Obviously if they score first they are going to be confident they can claw it back. I think Giants will win, but hopefully by less than 3. Belfast certainly had plenty of shooting practice on Sunday against Edinburgh.

Hopefully Voth will be told not too fight as we need him on the ice, not in the box with McMorrow who is no loss to Giants when he's not on the ice.

wildthing74

Think Wannabe is right.Maybe they will rest the donkey.I think Schwez is back and play him and Awada they got much more chance of goals than playing McMorrow.They need to focus on their game and score high and early.
The Voth v Mcmorrow sideshow may be too much a distraction for them in this particular game when the are already behind the 8 ball so to speak.

ASHIPP

Belfast Giants seem to have been the Devils' nemesis this season.....until the 1st leg of the cc semi-final. Devils have nailed their confidence to win a home game when they are losing initially - now they need to get the away win formula really nailed.
Tomorrow night is a HUGE game - if the Devils can keep the goal difference advantage, they will be through to a final and if they can win, it gives them the confidence to know they CAN win away matches.
If they come out hard and fast, score early, will make life easier for them.

I would also be v suprised if McMorrow ices tomorrow night - it's simply not that kind of game for either team. Thornton will know that the Devils are still capable of scoring, even if McMorrow takes out one of our guys, so he would be wasting a player.

wildthing74

Thats the thing,any coach worth his salt will play his best players available in such a game end of.I really hope McMorrow plays cos it will be better for us.

On mcmorrows book of face hes got another rubbish status asking if brad is going to be a man tomorrow or a then a question mark so im guessing hes icing.

Better for us if he does. the less fire power they have the better.

Edit:

Sean McMorrowWants to Thank everyone for the Birthday wishes!.........The big Q for Wed is will he or won't he? Will Voth fight like a MAN or be a.......?

there it is... easier to just read the thing than try and make sense of my post!