Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

Rempel16

If you that good Remps, send your cv in to the owners, become the coach and scout and get the team going...so many negative comments its just an embarrassment. Maybe i will just not read this forum from now on, so many arm chair coaches who have been there and done, watching hockey for 15 years now and this Devils fan base gets worse year on year
What a ridiculous response.

Please, next time you have an opinion on anything, anything at all… refer yourself back to your advice:

If your car starts under performing don’t criticise it, just get out your manual, learn how to fix/build cars and build a new one yourself.

If you have any thoughts on the political state of the country, don’t criticise, just do your bit to get elected to parliament and turn it around.

See where I’m going…

jenks33

What a ridiculous response.

Please, next time you have an opinion on anything, anything at all… refer yourself back to your advice:

If your car starts under performing don’t criticise it, just get out your manual, learn how to fix/build cars and build a new one yourself.

If you have any thoughts on the political state of the country, don’t criticise, just do your bit to get elected to parliament and turn it around.

See where I’m going…
If there’s one game the happy clappers should probably stay away from the-inferno it’s tonight. That was inexcusable tonight. Complete lack of character and effort in that second period and the players deserve flak after that. And I mean flak on the-inferno, not being tagged into personal criticism on twitter!

Rempel16

If there’s one game the happy clappers should probably stay away from the-inferno it’s tonight. That was inexcusable tonight. Complete lack of character and effort in that second period and the players deserve flak after that. And I mean flak on the-inferno, not being tagged into personal criticism on twitter!
Completely agree.
I’m sure that even the owners will be giving them flak for that… after they’ve read my cv of course…

august04 2.0

If you that good Remps, send your cv in to the owners, become the coach and scout and get the team going...so many negative comments its just an embarrassment. Maybe i will just not read this forum from now on, so many arm chair coaches who have been there and done, watching hockey for 15 years now and this Devils fan base gets worse year on year
Don’t come on here if you can't take a few home truths. You won’t be missed.

jenks33

Just racking my brain and I think the last time I witnessed such a complete lack of effort by a Devils team was probably the 11-0 thrashing to Sheffield three days after the CC final in 2015. And to be fair the players were still drunk after our victory on the Sunday haha! Yes I remember the hammering to Belfast at home (the Kyle Baun game) and the 0-8 hammering to Nottingham at home in 2016 but i didn’t really feel like we gave up on those occasions. The second period tonight was humiliating

Mooney#16

I don’t want to hear a word from the players or coaches. They were lined up in front of this firing squad by one man. If you want a team that takes accountability then Todd Kelman can lead by example and be the public face that takes the backlash. He set that team up to fail tonight and it duly unfolded to script. A clear, concise and humble explanation is owed.

Jonesy83

You lucky so and so. Check out the bastard bar and the Vietnamese restaurant just down the road.
Cheers man, was in Bastard bar early today as my hotel room over looks it lol.

Not to keen on Vietnamese food, but had the best burger of my life in a place called Plan B Smassbuger!

terry hunt

As i see it the Devils are 4th in the league and are in the Q/F of the Cup.
We are hosting the Continental Cup round partly due to our conduct and performances in the CHL that the club has strived for.
We have just had a beating by currently the best team in the EIHL who gave a good account of themselves and the EIHL in the CHL.
Dont forget that it was Todd Kelman who helped Belfast achieve this level from nothing.
The same Todd Kelman who was persuaded to rescue a failing Devils club who were likely to go bust.He also persuaded his friends to back this club.
Unless my memory fails me not so long ago under the Lord era we lost to the Steelers 10-0.
Like it or not we need to hang in there and support them through whatever diffficulties they are experiencing.

lloyd_jeff

After that performance I’m wondering would this have happened last yr. How much did Carruth prevent this last yr, I’m thinking this would’ve happened, those rumours I’ve heard, about him giving the time wasters & management some aggressive home truths seem very probable. If Carruth and Skalde are arsed to keep an eye on how we are doing after they’ve stopped laughing they’ll probably be thinking Todd deserves it.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Cheers man, was in Bastard bar early today as my hotel room over looks it lol.

Not to keen on Vietnamese food, but had the best burger of my life in a place called Plan B Smassbuger!
You must be in the hotel we stayed in. Make sure you try the Viking gull beer

Profit isn’t a dirty word.
Personally, I hope they are making a working profit. My problem is that too often I’m not feeling entertained and the product is substandard.
And before the 'Usual Suspects' start bandying around the 'true fan' bollocks, I’ve been a season ticket holder since I had a 'Chrissy Waddle' mullet in the 80’s, been a '100 Club' member and have followed the team into Europe on our CHL adventures.
But like it or not there is an increased expectation level since the Calgary 4 took over this club, with the utmost respect to the likes of Fife and Coventry etc, we are not Fife or Coventry, and it is not acceptable just to compete.
This organisation has ‘winning in it’s DNA' so let’s get back to basics if necessary because tonight’s result isn’t a case of 3 games in 5 days as some would like us to believe, it’s about an unbalanced team that is as inconsistent in the extreme!

Slartibartfast

Its interesting to hear people talk of happy clappers. I remember some pretty heated 'debates' on here a few years back where Wannabe and some other regulars were being accused of being happy clappers. I have always tried to be balanced but probably leant a little bit more to the happy clapper side.
Now I am fairly critical of this team and Wannabe is definitely not happy clapping about this team. We may have just got more negative with age but seriously we have seen a big change in the brand of Devils hockey over the last 2 seasons.
This non contact stuff is not only lacking in entertainment, it is not effective and we can see it. Maybe a new generation of happy clappers is coming in and I will be happy to join that camp if the Devils fix whatever the problem is. Because believe me, there is a problem in this team and its nothing to do with tiredness. We have had demanding schedules before and not lost like this.
Regarding players, Im glad Sanford, Cox and Coughler are back, they are true Devils and I was pleased with Joeys return though he looks somewhat muted.
Richie aside I think this is the worst D I have seen in a long time.
Where does the problem lie. I don't know but I would guess at 3 new D men who are not the level we required and a coach who is causing good players to look bad.

moggy#9

Its interesting to hear people talk of happy clappers. I remember some pretty heated 'debates' on here a few years back where Wannabe and some other regulars were being accused of being happy clappers. I have always tried to be balanced but probably leant a little bit more to the happy clapper side.
Now I am fairly critical of this team and Wannabe is definitely not happy clapping about this team. We may have just got more negative with age but seriously we have seen a big change in the brand of Devils hockey over the last 2 seasons.
This non contact stuff is not only lacking in entertainment, it is not effective and we can see it. Maybe a new generation of happy clappers is coming in and I will be happy to join that camp if the Devils fix whatever the problem is. Because believe me, there is a problem in this team and its nothing to do with tiredness. We have had demanding schedules before and not lost like this.
Regarding players, Im glad Sanford, Cox and Coughler are back, they are true Devils and I was pleased with Joeys return though he looks somewhat muted.
Richie aside I think this is the worst D I have seen in a long time.
Where does the problem lie. I don't know but I would guess at 3 new D men who are not the level we required and a coach who is causing good players to look bad.
You missed Brandt who, to me, plays his heart out every game I've seen him play.