Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

TL91

It’s a strange setup when you think of it and it goes further than the coach. On the one hand you’ve got a team clearly recruited predominantly by TK wth maybe a little input from Franny and DuPont. Compare that to say football, managers have walked as a result of not having their own say on a team. Hard then when the buck stops with you and they aren’t really your guys. Flip side, good coaches make good players. Batch and Louis for example probably had their best seasons as Devils last season under Skalde…now having a tough time of it.

Wannabe2

Forget the crap we just let Giants score 9 against us, how acceptable is that, personnally I have never known it, we are one crappy team being led by a crappy coaching team. If this was reversible Giants would be making huge changes and rightly so. If we are serious in our future development then changes need to be made and made now. Still time will tell.

jenks33

I hope the people that feel there’s a bit of an overreaction on here tonight actually watched the second period live? It’s a bit unfair to play the “I support the boys through thick and thin” card if you weren’t watching. I fully agree there’s a huge overreaction on here after some defeats but it’s justified tonight in my opinion. It’s easy to look at the final score and think it was just a bad night at the office but it was more than that. The team just gave up In the 2nd period and shipped 7 goals. 7 goals in one period!! And most goals weren’t poor netminding, the boys just gave up. By all means support the boys through thick and thin if they give it their all but cmon. There will be games this season where we’ve given 100% but things didn’t go our way. That didn’t happen tonight though, we simply threw in the towel and it was embarrassing. Our coach admitted that.

Diablo3

I hope the people that feel there’s a bit of an overreaction on here tonight actually watched the second period live? It’s a bit unfair to play the “I support the boys through thick and thin” card if you weren’t watching. I fully agree there’s a huge overreaction on here after some defeats but it’s justified tonight in my opinion. It’s easy to look at the final score and think it was just a bad night at the office but it was more than that. The team just gave up In the 2nd period and shipped 7 goals. 7 goals in one period!! And most goals weren’t poor netminding, the boys just gave up. By all means support the boys through thick and thin if they give it their all but cmon. There will be games this season where we’ve given 100% but things didn’t go our way. That didn’t happen tonight though, we simply threw in the towel and it was embarrassing. Our coach admitted that.
I'm normally one of the happy clappers, but having sat through that second period, there is something wrong and it needs fixing. DuPont was nearly in tears in his interview, I don't think he could believe it. Like the rest of you I will still be at the next game, as I'm a Devils fan. I just hope whatever is the cause gets sorted fast. At the moment we are looking at 5th at best.

This thread is unbelievable, with all that's wrong with this world please put this into some perspective.
It's not life or death, it's a game, a sport, things like this happen...yes even to our club.

Glad some of you are not commenting on any of my issues !!

Wannabe2

That tonight was unacceptabl, that was sod you lot we can’t be arsed suck it up or spit it out, and guess what dickheads we are going to spit it out, We do our bit for you, but you don’t do your bit for us so guess what sod off, worse team since our newish ownership. So you may be fine with that but disgracefully we ain’t. This is a Mickey Mouse team with a Mickey Mouse leadership, carry on guys as I am sure you will. If I was Irish or a Yorkshire man I would be well chuffed,

Diablo3

This thread is unbelievable, with all that's wrong with this world please put this into some perspective.
It's not life or death, it's a game, a sport, things like this happen...yes even to our club.

We never said it was life or death. This is a sports forum. If you want to talk about world events, please find an appropriate form.

august04 2.0

What a ridiculous post! So, because there’s crap going on in the world, we can’t comment on anything relevant to us?! Why are you even here with an attitude like that? I suggest you don’t read newspapers, don’t watch TV and avoid the internet if you can’t accept people commenting on anything else going on in the world.

NathanG

The atmosp

I've never really got the whole "There's worse things going on in the world" argument. It's a forum to discuss all things Devils.

Hedd Wyn John

It’s a strange setup when you think of it and it goes further than the coach. On the one hand you’ve got a team clearly recruited predominantly by TK wth maybe a little input from Franny and DuPont. Compare that to say football, managers have walked as a result of not having their own say on a team. Hard then when the buck stops with you and they aren’t really your guys. Flip side, good coaches make good players. Batch and Louis for example probably had their best seasons as Devils last season under Skalde…now having a tough time of it.
Genuine question here.

On what basis is it clear TK did most of the recruitment? Is that what the club has said or is it down to reading between the lines or unofficial talk from inside the camp.

E.D.S.

The reality is there isn't going to be a mass clear out. As Franny wrote in the programme, they have a process they believe and will be sticking to - "there won't be a panic". May be another player may come in but fundamentally they stick to what they know. We aren't a 'mass clear out' club which benefits us when attracting players. They know they will be treated well. I'd be surprised if Dupont went as he has come in under the banner of being a new coach and someone who needs time so I think he'll get it. It's one hell of a tough way to learn but he's got to learn. No time out being called in the second is concerning.
Be nice to see some sort of a reaction from owners/MD, not that we are entitled to one. I was at that mauling when sheffield humiliated us something like 11-1 but we weren't allowed to express dissatisfaction as the rhetoric that came out was that we'd won a trophy for the first time in years but as someone who paid a fortune to get up there and drag along a newbie with me as well, I was fuming by the lack of professionalism.

jenks33

I was puzzled by Nathan G comment.

There are worse things going on in the world- like Ukraine!
We lost a hockey game!
To be fair though Earnie this is a Cardiff Devils forum. People come on here to talk about the Devils. This isn’t a forum we come on to discuss any topic. I’m not sure why it’s a surprise to you or why you seem to be offended that being 9-1 down to Belfast after 2 periods hasn’t gone down well?!

Kevlar68

I was puzzled by Nathan G comment.

There are worse things going on in the world- like Ukraine!
We lost a hockey game!
I think Nathan means we all know there are terrible things going on in the world and privately for some BUT this is a forum about Devils ice hockey, for people to comment about Devils ice hockey and if your passionate about your team which in this case is the Devils you will vent your spleen no matter what else is going on in your private life or in the world.
You can worry about more than one thing like the Devils and Ukraine and you can comment about both if wanting to do so on their respective forums.