Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

august04 2.0

The returning players were all wanting DuPont to be the Coach. That means a lot.
(And I am happy people have calmed down today!)
Not necessarily. It may mean that they’ve got an easy life and he’s a nice bloke (which I’m sure he is!). For me, the team doesn’t pick the coach, that’s the job of the GM. I don’t want my team to be best buddies with their coach. I don’t think that works when the going gets tough and some discipline is needed.

lloyd_jeff

Yes we have some problems at the moment, but we're not quite at a stage where we're being left behind. That said, it will happen one day and if I were Todd is be begging for ice to be put down in the new Cardiff arena (assuming it ever gets built). Significantly increasing our capacity, and so our spending power, will be the only way forward in the future.
Well tenders are open for the lease to operate the IAW, as a major statement of intent Mr King and Co need to be the leaseholders. Without securing that the IAW is at risk, if a leasehold can’t be found, the future could be very bleak hockey wise.

Rempel16

Crawford has 19 points in 22 games.

Cox has 18 n 13 games

sanford has 17 on 14 games

Coughler has 13 in 14 games.

Is that not good enough for you guys?
Just broke down Cox and Sanford's stats in league games so far:

Games against Belfast / Nottingham / Sheffield
Sanford = 7games, 3g, 1a, 4pts
Cox = 7games, 3g, 5a, 8pts

Games against Manchester, Glasgow, Fife, Guildford
Sanford = 7games, 9g, 4a, 13pts
Cox = 6games; 0g, 10a, 10pts

For me, unless they score on the rush the chance is often gone as as soon as they setup the d seem to box them out.

However, it’s just consistency I want from them going forward.

Defensively I’m not sure either has a 200ft game and that’s where we are lacking. Benti, Morissette, Haddad etc ensured their d-zone was taken care of.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want either of them to be out of the club and just using them as an example of the issue about compete levels, which we don’t see every night.

Few issues around this team and a shake is needed this month to try and make up for such a bad start/embarrassing results.

Think re-signing players from past years may have excited fans but when does it ever work out??

Sure Bowns, Jardine and Martin were good previously but history never repeats itself no matter what the sport.

One of the goalies has to go sadly and bring in a more solid one (preferably oversea one) , failing that give Kerlin a run of games.

As for defence, a lot of has beens in there who should be leaders in the group, not swanning about with no passion, taking an easy payday until end of the season.
Right now a priority would be to bring in 2 d men or even 3 in an ideal world.

In attack I think it's a case of finding the right chemistry with what we got and having trust in the players behind you with someone like a Matt Register to link up play, read the game and distrupt opposing attacks.

Dupont, can't help but like him however he was given the job as a hospital pass with little input in signings. Be hard to change roster and management but at least give him a say in any incoming players. If his signings fail then ultimately its his time to go.

doron

out of curiosity, did the captain try to motivate the troops during the game or intervals, or not? if not he should have been throwing the water bottle around the place. smashing his stick on the boards or did he go missing as well.

moggy#9

I did see a post on Facebook. Normally the comments on those are filled with positive comments, but this one was overwhelmingly critical. Maybe the club is waiting for things to quieten down a bit before making a comment. Obviously they have to say something, but the words will need to be carefully chosen.

Rempel16

I did see a post on Facebook. Normally the comments on those are filled with positive comments, but this one was overwhelmingly critical. Maybe the club is waiting for things to quieten down a bit before making a comment. Obviously they have to say something, but the words will need to be carefully chosen.
I hope you're right, but I don't think they will say anything. The players should have been dragged in yesterday morning for a bag skate, with the Devils posting it.

Instead we will no doubt have the usual 'back to work' post that comes each week, at which point I'll be questioning what they're actually working on.

hip check

I'm assuming the thread with the most replies will be one of the off season nonsense/rumours threads.
Probably the one where it was posted that we were head and shoulders above all the other teams and it was great watching us thrashing all the other teams week in week out, it had replies from other teams fans on twitter taking us to task on it, dragged on for weeks if not months and is still used occasionally on Twitter to take the piss out of us.
Or the one where we were NHL standard and would give the New Jersey Devils a close game.

moggy#9

I hope you're right, but I don't think they will say anything. The players should have been dragged in yesterday morning for a bag skate, with the Devils posting it.

Instead we will no doubt have the usual 'back to work' post that comes each week, at which point I'll be questioning what they're actually working on.
Just bland posts on Twitter so far. Make of that what you will.

moggy#9

Now a part on Facebook saying "work to do". I've got to say that it's looking very much like the club is going to pretend that Sunday didn't happen.

kingmo19.1

Now a part on Facebook saying "work to do". I've got to say that it's looking very much like the club is going to pretend that Sunday didn't happen.
Rather disappointed by that - I was hoping the club would have come out with some sort of statement this week. I don’t mind losing 9-3 if we’d played our guts out and just been outclassed, but the not turning up/trying element is extremely worrying.

I was hoping to read something along the lines of the club acknowledging that performance was not acceptable and measures had been implemented to ensure it would not occur again, also I would hope any travelling fans would have been contacted and refunded at a minimum the ticket price they paid for the game!

The Twitter ‘Work to do’ associated picture doesn’t look like the greatest of choices with the players just sittiing on their arses! Doh !!!!!!

Last edited: