Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

kingmo19.1

I was speaking yesterday to some newbies who went to the Panthers game on Saturday. I asked them if they enjoyed the game, this was their response……

“The game? Oh, we didn’t buy the tickets for that, we bought them to see and understand if we could explore the Gantry! Everyone is talking about it on www.gantry.com” !

BostonBart22

Absolutely, now this is yr 2, Skalde is gone, so was Skalde at fault in yr 1 or was Skalde prevented from taking action to “motivate” the team.
n skalde, you only had to look at his body language on the bench...
Absolutely, now this is yr 2, Skalde is gone, so was Skalde at fault in yr 1 or was Skalde prevented from taking action to “motivate” the team.
to me there was no motivation in skalde, just look at his body language on the bench when losing, better off having a cardboard cutout of him.

lloyd_jeff

n skalde, you only had to look at his body language on the bench...

to me there was no motivation in skalde, just look at his body language on the bench when losing, better off having a cardboard cutout of him.
You don’t think that was a guy fed up at not being able to do his job. I mean look at the same team now, we’ve got 3 coaches and they still can’t get these guys to play well.

lloyd_jeff

I was speaking yesterday to some newbies who went to the Panthers game on Saturday. I asked them if they enjoyed the game, this was their response……

“The game? Oh, we didn’t buy the tickets for that, we bought them to see and understand if we could explore the Gantry! Everyone is talking about it on www.gantry.com” !
I’ve heard the Gantry opened a new venue on Sunday, the Greasy Gantry Club with all the Devils attended as VIP’s. Todd managed to get a group of lookalikes for the Belfast game.

Kevlar68

Skaldes gone, Duponts here, We got the team we have now, the past is the past and all the other sayings that are applicable, we need each player to stand up and prove they want to be a Devil and want to wear the shirt with pride and leave everything out on the ice and not just be here for an easy pay cheque. Maybe they should show the team a show reel of players that would bust a gut and shed blood, sweat and tears to win for this team and tell the guys this is what we want from you.
With hockey it's not like football where we can drop a player and not play them if they're not playing well or not listening to the coach, they just get dropped down the lines. so whether they're playing with fire in the belly or with gas out their arse they still get to play.
I will add though this for me has been the greyest looking team i have seen in a Devils jersey, no characters, no break out players, no passion.

Wannabe2

Skaldes gone, Duponts here, We got the team we have now, the past is the past and all the other sayings that are applicable, we need each player to stand up and prove they want to be a Devil and want to wear the shirt with pride and leave everything out on the ice and not just be here for an easy pay cheque. Maybe they should show the team a show reel of players that would bust a gut and shed blood, sweat and tears to win for this team and tell the guys this is what we want from you.
With hockey it's not like football where we can drop a player and not play them if they're not playing well or not listening to the coach, they just get dropped down the lines. so whether they're playing with fire in the belly or with gas out their arse they still get to play.
I will add though this for me has been the greyest looking team i have seen in a Devils jersey, no characters, no break out players, no passion.
Unfortunately mate most of what you say is spot on, most of us don’t mind losing, yes we all want to win, but there’s losing having left it all on the ice , and losing from the get go to the final whistle like the last game, and that’s inexcusable. Showing no passion and no pride is just not on, anyway time to move on now we have what we have unfortunately.

ASHIPP

Talking about loyalty and passion I remember the Devils going to Belfast and losing 8-0 when Brad Voth was captain. He was absolutely embarrassed and furious. In a game programme article and in 'South Wales Echo' he called the team out for a disgraceful performance and publically apologised to fans.....classy and the right thing to do. I believe that season the Club actually refunded the game tickets of the fans who had travelled.

In those days,under G's coaching, our teams might reach some cup finals and were never going to win the league every year (because Devils were a small club with a small budget then). BUT his teams were defined by grit, aggression and pride. They consistently punched above their weight and had some passionate leadership. But that was then......

Last edited:
They know that 2 wins this weekend will make it look as though everything is ok again...
Have you not noticed that league games against Belfast and Sheffield are nearly always followed by games against Manchester and or one of the Scottish teams.
Ideal opportunities to paper over the cracks.

Now that’s one for the conspiracy theorists amongst us!!!