Hull Stingrays v Cardiff Devils - Sat 5:30pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Note this is an extremely early start for a Saturday!

With the Devils already through to the 2nd stage of the CC, this is somewhat of a nothing game, but hopefully both teams will be looking for the win and it won't be a borefest!

Devils are at full strength but I think Hull are down a player or 2, although i'm not certain on this.

Email address for Match Night Live! is matchnightlive@gmail.com

Chris.

TheStub

Chris said:
Note this is an extremely early start for a Saturday!
Shockingly, a fairly standard Saturday face-off time in Hull. They like the game to finish early, as they have some strange ice disco after. I always find it a bit disheartening, there seem to be more people waiting to get into that than the game itself...how bad must the draw be if people will queue outside the rink for the game to be over??
Chris said:
Devils are at full strength but I think Hull are down a player or 2, although i'm not certain on this.
Hull are down three I think. I was chatting with a Rays fan earlier, and they have three broken bones.

Will probably be a quiet night. Nothing to play for (Stingrays call), and All Hallows Eve - people will stay home and not bother coming.

I'll shout extra loud between texts. Hopefully this will be the last Hull game I attend as a local :D

In all honesty who ever is writing the play by play for the game isnot very professional and extremly ridiculus. Reading everything just sounds like the Devils can't do no wrong and who ever the other team is just royally suck or wathever good they do just happenned to be out of luck.
Amazingly stupid. If you look at the scor it is 6-5 I guess both teams are doing something right or if you prefer wrong. Just needed to say that I thought it was pretty boring to read.
!!! :roll:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #8
Don't read it then :)

I can only type up what details I get, perhaps you'd like to offer to text updates from games to help us out?

Amazingly, this is a Devils fansite, to expect the coverage to not to be biased is a bit stupid no?

Chris.

drainage

Beautiful said:
In all honesty who ever is writing the play by play for the game isnot very professional and extremly ridiculus. Reading everything just sounds like the Devils can't do no wrong and who ever the other team is just royally suck or wathever good they do just happenned to be out of luck.
Amazingly stupid. If you look at the scor it is 6-5 I guess both teams are doing something right or if you prefer wrong. Just needed to say that I thought it was pretty boring to read.
!!! :roll:
Think if you want to comment on someones writing you could do so with correct grammar and spelling !!! Think you will find there is an o in ridiculus (yes I do know how to spell it but you need to find out for yourself - at least thats what my parents told me!)

So dont read it - not too hard a decision is it ??

For me they give a good insight into games I can't get to - so thanks is my view !

drainage

Chris said:
Don't read it then :)

I can only type up what details I get, perhaps you'd like to offer to text updates from games to help us out?

Amazingly, this is a Devils fansite, to expect the coverage to not to be biased is a bit stupid no?

Chris.
Think the person cant spell irony never mind get it !!

Blimey Beautiful what's the matter with you, you do realise that these dedicated people rely on other people for the updates don't you.

If you think you can do better go to every away game yourself and do it for them, actually looking at your incredibly poor post I just wonder what gives you the right to be so critical.

Guys dont listen to this I think you do a brilliant job, and as for bias - shame on you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #12
Final score, Stingrays 5-7 Devils.

Stingrays goals
1-0 - Davies (unassisted maybe?) at 3:13
2-1 - Davies from Sanford and Cloutier at 4:??
3-2 - Huppe from Davies at 6:23
4-5 - Glowa unassisted at 46:14 (SHG)
5-6 - Halkidis from Kamikov at 48:??

Devils goals

1-1 - Jarvis (unassisted maybe?) at 3:46
2-2 - Birbraer from Voth and Towe at 4:30
3-3 - Miller (unassisted maybe?) at 11:30 (SHG)
3-4 - Birbraer from Voth and Smith at 18:36
3-5 - Smith from Voth and Romfo at 38:44 (PPG)
4-6 - Miller from Latulippe and Davies at 46:34 (PPG)
5-7 - Miller from Smith and Richardson at 58:49 (ENG)

Hat-trick for Miller, wahay :)

Some of the times and assists are all over the shop, people at the game couldn't decipher/hear the Stingrays announcer :(

Chris.

It's not about being bias, it's more about being honest and letting people know what is really going on in the game that is what writing a play by play is, Chat room is for bashing other team. Anyway you won't be commentating in the NHL anytime soon but I'm sure it wouldn't interest you anyway !!!!

And for the other ones who cares about the spelling is it because you have nothing else smarter to say ???

You have completely missed the point, it is not reporting play by play when you are relying on text messages from people in the rink.

And of course there is going to be bias, besides which there were compliments being made for Hull or didnt you stay around enough for that.

The point about your post was that you were being critical about the way something was being written - it was irony

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #15
Anyway you won't be commentating in the NHL anytime soon but I'm sure it wouldn't interest you anyway !!!!
What?

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

As for play by play, if you don't like the way Match Night Live is run on here, perhaps you'd be better suited to ihupdate or something where they just have the scores at the end of the period.

You still haven't mentioned offering to help us out though, I take it you won't be using MNL again if it's that bad?

Chris.

kettdevil1

Any hoo....

Good win and great to see Crisp get the W.

Looking forward to going to Cov tomorrow, it is actually shaping up to be a very big game indeed. The Panthers are doing there normal nose dive, Belfast look OK but hardly world beaters so I still maintain that whoever finishes above the Blaze will be champions.

We need to lay down a marker tomorrow night.

drainage

Beautiful said:
It's not about being bias, it's more about being honest and letting people know what is really going on in the game that is what writing a play by play is, Chat room is for bashing other team. Anyway you won't be commentating in the NHL anytime soon but I'm sure it wouldn't interest you anyway !!!!

And for the other ones who cares about the spelling is it because you have nothing else smarter to say ???
Its a Devils forum concentrating on the Devils - whats your problem ? Only bashing I saw was Darnell and unless you are Mrs Darnell - whats your problem?
If you were there and had something to add - why didnt you ?

The comment on spelling was down to your critique of the report - if you cant spell the words dont use them - it loses impact.

Guessing you arent a devils fan ??

Of course its not very 'professional', its done by Devils fans for Devils fans. We don't have to be nice to the other teams you know! :D You sound like a Hull fan who's not happy that we're not praising your team (could be wrong like) but feel free to run your own so then you won't have to suffer ours. Or stare at ih-update until the score changes, and not get any information on what's actually happening. If you read the Panthers one, the Blaze one, the Giants and the Steelers one, they're all biased towards their team and only really report on what their team is doing. But if you can do better ......

Anyway, its nice to get the win with Crisp in the net, it should give him a lot of confidence. Does anyone know how old he is? He looks quite young so any ice time for him at the top level will be beneficial for him. Hull could have put Jaszczyk in from the start too. A nothing game where the other team is using their back up is the ideal time to give your own back up experience.

Bring on the Blaze tomorrow!

kettdevil1

PS: Chris, MNL is a fantastic service - it is invaluable for those of us who can't get to every game and for me it is written with clarity, humour and enthusiasm. I love it!

drainage

kettdevil1 said:
PS: Chris, MNL is a fantastic service - it is invaluable for those of us who can't get to every game and for me it is written with clarity, humour and enthusiasm. I love it!
me too - The NHL can do without you a while longer !!! Cheers Butt !