Hull Stingrays v Cardiff Devils - Sat 5:30pm - Chat/Updates

Oh yes forgot to say well done Devils, giving lots of ice time to the youngsters.

I will be watching MNL tomorrow (as long as its running) for the excellent, informative, well written (not too bias mind :D ) updates

Personally I appreciate getting updates on the Devils games I'm unable to make, bias or not, someone has sacrificed their time and made the effort to keep us updated - cheers.

Anyway, back to what matters, another Devils win. Well done guys! Good to see some of the young Brits getting some ice time along with another goal fest.

TheStub

I don't think Beautiful has seen any NHL cometary :lol: - they make us look positively neutral. The joy of every team having their own dedicated cometary team - you have two broadcasts focused on both teams.

Having been one of Chris' texters tonight, it is hard to send all the details. You spend so much time texting that by the time you've finished one update you've missed the next thing. So, you pick and choose - and you therefore comment on your team above the team we are playing.

More detail requires more people typing updates.

One request, can Hull please get an announcer who gives all the details? And a scoreboard that doesn't have a fault that makes 8 look like 6 in the minutes?

Meh.

Anyway - good performance tonight. Our young Brits played well. We got away with some sloppy play in the 1st, but Crisp will be more than happy with that - only wanting one or two of those back. He played well and was solid.

Hayes was unlucky not to have 2 tonight. Twice having an open net before him and not being able to get the puck in there.

Anyway - those who criticise, feel free to set up and help. The more people texting, the more detail we can have.

drainage

TheStub said:
I don't think Beautiful has seen any NHL cometary :lol: - they make us look positively neutral. The joy of every team having their own dedicated cometary team - you have two broadcasts focused on both teams.

Having been one of Chris' texters tonight, it is hard to send all the details. You spend so much time texting that by the time you've finished one update you've missed the next thing. So, you pick and choose - and you therefore comment on your team above the team we are playing.

More detail requires more people typing updates.

One request, can Hull please get an announcer who gives all the details? And a scoreboard that doesn't have a fault that makes 8 look like 6 in the minutes?

Meh.

Anyway - good performance tonight. Our young Brits played well. We got away with some sloppy play in the 1st, but Crisp will be more than happy with that - only wanting one or two of those back. He played well and was solid.

Hayes was unlucky not to have 2 tonight. Twice having an open net before him and not being able to get the puck in there.

Anyway - those who criticise, feel free to set up and help. The more people texting, the more detail we can have.
Looking at beautiful (and am wondering !!) he/she joined today .... I imagine for baiting purposes only !! Still its a fan of the forum !!

TheStub

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it (I may have) - but Esders took a puck to the face from his own team (apparently a replay of the Silverthorn incident from the other week).

Early reports from the rink suggested that it was (yet another) broken jaw.

However, I've just read that his jaw isn't broken - just badly bruised. He may be out a little while, but nowhere near as long as if he had broken it.

Here is hoping he will be back soon (along with all of the injuries that they have suffered). Hull have put the effort into building a skilled and entertaining team this season, and I certainly relish the chance to see us beat them when they are not carrying injuries.

After the problems we have had in recent seasons, I can only feel for them.

Poor Hull they really are suffering this early in the season but as you say we know exactly how they are feeling having gone through it ourselves for really the last couple of seasons.

I'm sure their fans will stick with them and that their injuries will heal soon, the only problem, as we know is, it is very difficult to play catch up.

Anyway good luck to them

TheStub

What always gets me about Hull is the lack of noise. Last nights crowd was small, even by their standard. But still, even a few hundred as they were last night can try and raise the roof.

To me, Hull need a 6th man really badly. I hope that winning ways can bring in the crowds, but they may need the crowd to help them win. The Hull Arena reminds me of a small WNIR, and it could be a really bad place for away teams - as it stands it just feels really flat.

wildthing74

Ah so this 'beautiful'character takes the biggest muppert award for those that post on her.J.B will be pleased to lose his crown.
Whovever you are,judging by the ppor way you write,you are either a young child or English is not your first language.If you intend to ridicule(that means have a go at)the people who provide the excellent MNL then at least be constructive and write in a way the makes sense.

drainage

wildthing74 said:
Ah so this 'beautiful'character takes the biggest muppert award for those that post on her.J.B will be pleased to lose his crown.
Whovever you are,judging by the ppor way you write,you are either a young child or English is not your first language.If you intend to ridicule(that means have a go at)the people who provide the excellent MNL then at least be constructive and write in a way the makes sense.
As he/she only joined yesterday I think their intent was to stir ......probably isnt worth the effort of replying to comments they post on reflection !!!

Its not going to stop MNL and its not going to stop fans logging on to watch MNL !

Gazza272

Whats even more bizzarre is that i just read last nights MNL and it gives the Stingrays lots of credit?

The only thing i can think of is that beautiful is actually Darnell :lol:

Russky

Although we won what was in effect a 'dead rubber' to borrow a tennis phrase, I am somewhat worried how pourous our defence is:

6 goals at Nottingham
2 ( 1 a gift) against coventry
and
5 tonight at Hull!

It seems to me that some of the D combos are not working particularly the Stone/Romfo Partnership! Any thoughts anybody?

Gazza272

Russky said:
Although we won what was in effect a 'dead rubber' to borrow a tennis phrase, I am somewhat worried how pourous our defence is:

6 goals at Nottingham
2 ( 1 a gift) against coventry
and
5 tonight at Hull!

It seems to me that some of the D combos are not working particularly the Stone/Romfo Partnership! Any thoughts anybody?

I'ed take nothing from last nights game in regards to our D, we jumbled our lines about last ngiht and by all accounts Lyle would have saved some of the ones Crisp let through.

Taking the Nottingham game away i think our D has improved a lot recently, we didnt allow Nottingham or Newcastle many goals in the game previous to that, we kept sheffield to only on up in their place, we kept edinburgh to only two which i think is an underrated success considering the results they have had since that game.

All in all i think slowly Lyle is coming into form and the D are getting more comfortable around him, i think it's improving from the mess it was at the beginning of the season.

Cant complain about last night really either, it was Crisp's first full game so he was going to leak a few goals. I can see your concerns but its improving and aslong as our goals for is higher it shouldnt really be a problem. A win is a win regardless of how many we concede.

TheStub

If you wipe the first period out last night, Crisp was solid - but I would take nothing from the result. Every shift we had a different line-up. I think G was playing.

Overall, although Lyle may have done better, I think Crisp would only want 1 or 2 back - the defence playing at half speed on the other hand would probably like the first 10 minutes played over.

Personally, I think that we have been looking a lot better. The D now have the measure of Lyle, and are doing a good job of keeping the other teams in positions they know Lyle will be able to save from.

Thinking of young Brits - Davies from the Stingrays was excellent last night, and I am looking forward to seeing him again. 2+1 in the first 6 minutes!!

TheStub said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhWTZghemZ0

Highlights from last night.

Ok, it is YouTube, but they are up within 24 hours. C'mon DevilsTV - we care less about high production value, and more seeing what happened ;)
Seconded

I visited the Hull Arena for the first time last night and it made me realise how good the match night product is in cardiff.

I appreciate that last night was probably not representative of a 'normal' game at Hull as it was a dead rubber and a non ST game, however I fear for the future of them as an elite league club. What I saw last night is not sustainable. I would estimate that the attendance was in the order of 250-300, surely you could double these figures and still fall short of what's required to breakeven? I don't claim to be an expert on Hockey finances but I don't think you need to in order to see that they are on borrowed time.

They have a tidy little set up in terms of a nice compact rink, and much better sightlines than most areas of our tent, it should be an intimidating place for away teams, but it was anything but!

Lastly, does their announcer speak a different language? I certainly struggled with what he was saying... :p