Hull Stingrays v Cardiff Devils - Sat 5:30pm - Chat/Updates

eastsidedevil said:
I visited the Hull Arena for the first time last night and it made me realise how good the match night product is in cardiff.

I appreciate that last night was probably not representative of a 'normal' game at Hull as it was a dead rubber and a non ST game, however I fear for the future of them as an elite league club. What I saw last night is not sustainable. I would estimate that the attendance was in the order of 250-300, surely you could double these figures and still fall short of what's required to breakeven? I don't claim to be an expert on Hockey finances but I don't think you need to in order to see that they are on borrowed time.

They have a tidy little set up in terms of a nice compact rink, and much better sightlines than most areas of our tent, it should be an intimidating place for away teams, but it was anything but!

Lastly, does their announcer speak a different language? I certainly struggled with what he was saying... :p
I know what you mean but in my opinion the whole Elite League is on borrowed time, Edinburgh get crap attendances aswell as Hull! Sheffield's are are on the decline our crowds are up but still below the 2000 mark, don't know about Belfast havent been there Coventry's are down aswell i believe, who else is there? erm.. Newcastle is also rubbish and that leaves me with Nottingham 4000 odd a game they will be the only team left with no one to play, sad or what?? :lol: