Hull Stingrays vs Cardiff Devils - Sat 5:30pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Devils will *hopefully* be at nearly full strength, obviously no Stone this weekend, but hopefully Richardson will be back.

Stingrays may be missing Lee Mitchell who picked up an injury during the preseason!

As usual, email address for Match Night Live! will be matchnightlive@gmail.com

Chris.

stingrays looked to be having a tough time playing the phantoms on wed as a pre-season warm up game, don't think they thought it would be as tough as it was, although they were playing their backup netty. so hoping for some good results for us this weekend.

ASHIPP

devil99 said:
stingrays looked to be having a tough time playing the phantoms on wed as a pre-season warm up game, don't think they thought it would be as tough as it was, although they were playing their backup netty. so hoping for some good results for us this weekend.
The Stingrays were missing 4 of their import forwards (1st and 2nd line) through injury/sickness which is why they looked like they were having a tough time! :?
The Stingrays can definitely not be underestimated (Huppe, Cloutier, Kalmikov, Reynolds and Thompson - all excellent signings) and, again, this is going to be a very tough weekend. Stingrays will want a first league win, the Devils will want to improve on last week and both will be anxious to get off to a good start in the Cup on Sunday. :cool:
Exciting times!

Gazza272

I dont know if anyone else is having problems with MNL but for me if the page refreshes at certain times i'm left with the first 4 updates until finny posts something new then i get that new message and the 4 old ones.

For example i get all updates up until 17:01 but then if the page refreshes the next update goes to 17:58. Is it just me or are others getting this issue as well?

From the updates i am getting, cracking work as usual from Finny and the MNL team!

Gazza272 said:
For example i get all updates up until 17:01 but then if the page refreshes the next update goes to 17:58. Is it just me or are others getting this issue as well?
Yep mines doing that too. Whatever I was reading there, has now gone, and the last few updates have gone too.

I don't want to jump on the Lyle's not good enough bandwagon, but the stats are not looking good so far. According to Elite League stats he had the lowest save percentage last weekend with 8 against from 52 shots giving 84.6% and so far tonight (although probably unfair to look at it before the game ends) 3 against from 13.

I seem to remember Aubry didn't have the best of starts last year either so I'll leave it a few games (and actually see him play for us) before judging any further. I know this has been brought up a million times before - but more pre-season games / actually playing our 1st choice netminder in pre-season games could help???

I agree in parts to be honest Stevie wasnt standout last week in Newcastle, but it would be nice for the first line to score some bloody goals and not just in the shootout.

eng - final score 4-2.

kalmikov with his 3rd.

:( onto tomorrow. We haven't trained etc but still these points early on are vital.
Lets just hope smithy is ok for tomorrow.

Until the players are held responsible for fitness levels through the summer and we have some kind of pre-season training schedule we will never challenge. Sheffield as a team were training weeks before us and the players were in the gym before that, the only players i saw in the gym working hard this summer were G and Phil. I think the imports see this as an easy gig just show up and play. Also its not just fitness what with the visa problems and the PI ice issue's its a farce. Dont flame me just my opinion.

I don't really know what to say at this monent, but was expecting a lot more - to be honest the first line have done jack so far ( i know Smith didn't play the 3rd period tonight) and i went to Newcastle last week, lack of preseason games hasn't helped at all imho..

Gazza272

I dont really know what folk were expecting results wise this early on. We havent been blown out yet and we have yet to play at home.

I dont think the criticism should lay at the teams results so far this year, they should lay more in the preperation. Two training sessions on ice is never going to be good to get your systems going and it looks like that is leading to leaking goals

We do need 2 points tomorrow to kick start us, and after that we should have no excuses when we have had a good week of preperation.

But for now i'm not to concerned, its been three games, where we have been there or there abouts, Also from text from folk who were actually there Lyle kept us in the game tongiht rather than lose it for us.

3 games do not a season make.