IAW Covid rules for games

Jonesy83

But you can get a proof of exemption GP letter.
I think that the rules set out from day one of this whole situation were flawed.
I'm fine with arena rules, I get to see my team play, it's no great deal wearing a mask for say 2 hours, i wear one for 10 hours for my work so 2 hours is nothing and it's consideration to the people around me at the arena.
I agree it’s no big hardship to wear a mask for 2 hours, but you can not legally challenge anyone if they are displaying an Internet lanyard, if they have neurodevelopmental conditions asking them to display a GP letter could set someone’s anxiety off etc. Plus like you say it’s considerate to wear one for the people around you, again agreed but if you want a pint & a hot dog, that consideration goes out the window no?
I suppose it will be see how it goes when games are actually on and how hard it will be to enforce.

Kevlar68

It's each individuals decision at the end of the day with the masks, you get considerate people and assholes.
Im fine with people taking masks off for the duration of eating fast food, as the name states it's "fast food" and drink but a coffee doesn't last an hour to keep mask off.
Beers you can pull mask down, take a gulp and mask back on, it's not a great hardship at the end of the day.

rocketbob

Seeing as the data is now appearing to show that the Delta variant can both infect (with lower efficiency) and can be passed on by double vaccinated people, the mask is our best defence (and can be pretty effective by all accounts).

Temme

Random question here as someone that's happy to wear a mask regardless.

Does the bar also count as the rink?

With that being a hospitality setting - masks are not required in the bar, but are required in the rink?

Or is the bar also classed as the rink?

I'm probably splitting hairs here i know...

moggy#9

It's each individuals decision at the end of the day with the masks, you get considerate people and assholes.
Im fine with people taking masks off for the duration of eating fast food, as the name states it's "fast food" and drink but a coffee doesn't last an hour to keep mask off.
Beers you can pull mask down, take a gulp and mask back on, it's not a great hardship at the end of the day.
I have to disagree about it being a personal decision. The point of the mask is to protect others, so on that basis it shouldn't be up to an individual whether to do it. To be honest I'm pretty astonished that people find it impossible to go a few hours without food and drink. I know the club needs the money, but it would make the whole situation around masks easier. As far as exemptions go, there should have been a universally mandated need to prove exemption at the outset. Additionally lying about it should have been made an offence.

Kevlar68

But it is a personal decision, maybe not the right one though even when there are rules implemented.
I've been in many places where mask wearing is required but there are people still without masks and no lanyard of exemption so they have personally chosen not to wear a mask and no one enforces it.

Last edited:
Rules are rules and we have to respect them, everyone has a responsibility
to protect others which includes any key worker and, in to us attendees at the rink,
particular towards the staff at the Rink.
Small price to pay to get hockey back and to keep everyone safe.

One thing to back up the comment you made
I help out as a NHS volunteer at the Heath, although we cannot insist that people wear
a mask when entering the hospital but we can approach them and ask "Would you like a mask"?
to which one replied "Don't need one, Boris says we don't have to wear one anymore"
I just looked at him open mouthed and gave up with him..

davew

I'd feel happier if the "bowl" - that is the rink was not classed as hospitality, where there would be more enforcable rules - especially with the number well oiled folk we are going to see because of all the saturday games!

With the Welsh numbers rapidly increasing on top of the increase in UK figures I would start off with a stricter regime at a game than to try and enforce one in a few weeks when people will have become used to "perceived freedoms".

I hope all the "fire doors" are going to open throughout for added ventilation - especially as those lead to the more heavily used areas...the toilets.

Earnie

I would doubt fire doors be left open! The people within and without need to be in a controlled environment.
Additionally it would play havoc with temperature control. It is an ice rink after all.

Kevlar68

Really, I don't think anyone on here has said anything negative towards masks so if on Twitter there is negativity towards wearing a mask all Todd has to say is wear a mask or don't come, simple. I'm not on anything like Facebook, Twitter etc.

NathanG

Really, I don't think anyone on here has said anything negative towards masks so if on Twitter there is negativity towards wearing a mask all Todd has to say is wear a mask or don't come, simple. I'm not on anything like Facebook, Twitter etc.
It's quite embarrassing if the truth be told. There are some right weapons on social media. I include myself in that when I've had a pint

Wannabe2

Only 5 moaners Nathan, that’s not bad seeing as there’s lots of posts on there. Some people will moan about anything best to ignore them. If we are still healthy enough, and lucky enough to still be here when many have fallen wearing a bloody mask is no big deal.

NathanG

I've seen a lot more tweets of people moaning about people moaning, rather than the actual moaning about masks.

It's 5 people out of 3000. Ignore.
I can't help it though. Whenever I see positive news (hockey is back duh) I always pick up on the idiots that try to find a negative. Maybe I like to rate. Haha