IAW needs more seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.D.S.

Cool. I really meant as you responded by telling people not to. But yeah, advice is free and you don't have to take it. :) your post offered little to the debate and simply stoked the fire. Needlessly. Just because you don't agree with a comment doesn't make the poster stupid, as you implied.
Thank you again. Shall we move on and spare everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vartel

IAW would be almost perfect if:

standing was available at the plexi and the seats started about 2/3 rows higher.
we had normal team benches
Another café/food outlet to cope with peak demand without having to wait an hour
an extra 2 metres around the walkways of the rink for entering/leaving.
if it were able to be expanded to allow for an extra 1000/1500 seats.

Not only would we have a better atmosphere with fans around the plexi, it would be a lot more comfortable and functional to use. With the benefit of hindsight, it really is quite shocking to see how much we have been stiffed with the design on the rink we waited 10 long years for. Whoever designed it needs to take up a new career because whilst its a beautiful rink to look at, it struggles to cope with its main purpose.

RE: Chris Hartrey, he was sacked. Thank god.
Personally i am glad there isn't standing at the plexi. For this to work they would have to increase the height of all the seats, and those people stood at the same height as the players would significantly affect sight lines for everyone sat down. Even if the seats were higher, it would affect the view of action near the plexi for everyone on that side of the ice.

Imagine how restricted the views would be if the boarding went up to 6ft with plexi above it, they would be crap, but that is how it could be with standing at the plexi.

If there was to be standing i would hope it would be at the top of the rink, behind the seats, with something in place so it doesn't interfere with those sat in the top row

Johnnybravo1927

Ground is currently big enough. Maybe when we sell out every game, every week against every team then it needs looking at. At the moment the club is very popular but a lot of people are here to see the top of the league team in the brand new stadium. The club is moving forward and IAW is a huge step forward from the BBT but expanding 10 months after moving in is running before we are walking properly

Secondly I have been on the gantry and in my humble opinion as a construction project manager and engineer, it would be very difficult and expensive ( but not impossible) to put some standing area but 100 is wishful thinking.

Foxy

God wheres the button to extend bans..................

This is season one in the rink. The first time we have ever sold out a week early. When we start selling out every game including the likes of Dundee, Edinburgh games and mid week games then start questioning the capacity. Or better still when all seats are taken up by season ticket holders which by the way is no where close.........

Status
Not open for further replies.