If we get a season 21/22

Devil94

Masks is such an easy thing that I wouldn't mind that all season if we have to, if it means we can watch hockey.
I think it's likely some distancing will be needed all year, but dont think it will stay at 2m. Wales has the lowest rates in the UK by far at the moment, and that's because of a more cautious exit along with a world leading vaccine rollout. That will hopefully pay off in the coming months and I'm still confident we'll get hockey by the end of the year.

moggy#9

Masks is such an easy thing that I wouldn't mind that all season if we have to, if it means we can watch hockey.
I think it's likely some distancing will be needed all year, but dont think it will stay at 2m. Wales has the lowest rates in the UK by far at the moment, and that's because of a more cautious exit along with a world leading vaccine rollout. That will hopefully pay off in the coming months and I'm still confident we'll get hockey by the end of the year.
The various decision making bodies need to agree a common approach towards hockey. Hockey is unique as far as I know in that it is a major spectator Club sport which covers the 4 home Nations in a single competition. It has unique challenges, but I think that with a combination of masks, testing and vaccination passports the problems can be solved.

NathanG

Masks I've got no problem with. Some are so comfortable I've fallen asleep wearing them on busses, planes etc.

Social distancing won't work at the rinks. Didn't Todd say our rink needs to relatively full to make it viable?

Side note, why continue with social distancing when everyone would have been vaccinated by September. Baffling.

moggy#9

Masks I've got no problem with. Some are so comfortable I've fallen asleep wearing them on busses, planes etc.

Social distancing won't work at the rinks. Didn't Todd say our rink needs to relatively full to make it viable?

Side note, why continue with social distancing when everyone would have been vaccinated by September. Baffling.
Hmm, everyone will have had the opportunity to be vaccinated. It's not necessarily the same thing. Additionally I think that they're really scared about variants that are potentially not guarded against by the current batch of vaccines.

Personally I think a whole crowd of devils fans all wearing face masks with the mouth part of the snarling devil face on the logo would look amazing.

mjh

Not going to get to a situation where everyone is vaccinated. With that being so, it's either vaccine passports or live with the risk.

rocketbob

What’s the general consensus on living with the risk, would be interesting to hear your comments.
If the number of people in hospital from COVID stays below 1,000 as it is currently, COVID deaths do not rise and we continue to develop top up jabs for each new strain then I feel this may be the best that we can hope for in the forseeable future. I personally am willing to live with that if the UK get to stay as open as we are and we get to see live ice hockey in the UK once more.

kingmo19.1

What’s the general consensus on living with the risk, would be interesting to hear your comments.
When I’ve had my second jab then im happy to take the risk. With a mask that’s probably going to be the safest you’ll ever be. Can’t put life on hold forever or what’s the point in living !

august04 2.0

I find it bemusing. In Wales, our vaccination rates are some of the highest in the world, typically 85-90+% for the at risk groups and progressing very nicely in the other over 18 groups. Hospitals are not under pressure, Covid related deaths are few and far between. I’m no fan of the WG but the vaccine roll-out has been a spectacular success in Wales (after Drakeford was initially shamed for sitting on stockpiled doses). We’re the best positioned country in all the home nations yet Drippy apparently still wants social distancing restrictions in Wales until the end of the year. This is not about following the science anymore, it’s control of the population that this guy loves. Time to give the go-ahead to open the rink, no reason not to now, in advance of a non-socially distanced start in September. If we have to wear a mask, so be it - but hopefully not.

mjh

I've had my vaccination but fully support the right of people to choose. That includes choosing own level of risk. Most vulnerable vaccinated. Limit to what can be done after that. I know there are differing opinions and respect them fully. Personally, I'm up for choosing own levels of risk as we do in many areas of life.

Kevlar68

The decisions politicians make will never be right no matter what.

On the side of caution they'll be blasted for taking to long but people would be safer.
On the side of recklessness they'll be blasted for opening up to soon at the risk people could die.
Those are the simple options without making it all complicated.

Which side is better?