Increased activity outside IAW …..

JC23

Friends of mine have been told by people associated with the team that ice is being laid on July 15th give or take a day or two.

This wasn’t told to me directly, so I can’t say for sure how reliable this is.

moggy#9

I imagine there'll be a fair amount of work going on in parallel with prep for ice being laid - things like advertising boards etc. What will be interesting is at what point we get some news on a major sponsor, and perhaps branding on the building.

august04 2.0

We may get some more info on preparations this weekend, from the summit. It can’t be long before Skalde and his players will need to fly over, assuming they need to self isolate for a period. We're supposed to be playing Adler Mannheim at IAW on the 26th August and you’d think we would need at least a couple of weeks preparation, even if no pre-season games are possible before then. That’s not so far away!

moggy#9

We may get some more info on preparations this weekend, from the summit. It can’t be long before Skalde and his players will need to fly over, assuming they need to self isolate for a period. We're supposed to be playing Adler Mannheim at IAW on the 26th August and you’d think we would need at least a couple of weeks preparation, even if no pre-season games are possible before then. That’s not so far away!
I'm kind of hoping that Todd will be doing another of his update videos before long. I guess he's waiting until he has something positive to say.

august04 2.0

I'm kind of hoping that Todd will be doing another of his update videos before long. I guess he's waiting until he has something positive to say.
I think best case scenario is for an update on the 15th July from the Welsh Government, so likely another week or so before anything is made public. It doesn’t look like there will be any changes to anything before this date. That also aligns with the potential date mentioned above for the ice being laid. I assume Kelman is waiting for the absolute go ahead from the WG before laying the ice, which makes sense.

Finny

I think best case scenario is for an update on the 15th July from the Welsh Government, so likely another week or so before anything is made public. It doesn’t look like there will be any changes to anything before this date. That also aligns with the potential date mentioned above for the ice being laid. I assume Kelman is waiting for the absolute go ahead from the WG before laying the ice, which makes sense.
There was a suggestions from Eluned Morgan on Monday that they might actually make an announcement on Wednesday 14th July.

Mazzoak

Wow. Let's hope none of the 125,000+ people who died from Covid have family reading this forum.
Lets hope the families of preventable premature death in the under 60‘s aren’t reading this.

Covid 19 deaths are predicted to be overtaken by premature deaths in patients with treatable illnesses, the knock on effects will be felt for many years too come. Back in August 2020 government figures showed that the lockdown killed two people for every three that died of the coronavirus between 23 March and 1 May 2020 with 16,000 dying because they didn't get medical care while 25,000 died of the virus.
According to analysis by The Times, the “official” NHS waiting list of 3.9m people includes only patients who have not yet had their first hospital appointment after being referred by their GP.
Forward to this month it’s been suggested by April 2022 the will be 15 million awaiting follow up’s. These are just appointments prior to treatment beginning, the worst numbers coming from Cancer patients.

Mazzoak

It’s healthy to disagree but there’s been a worrying trend this past few years within UK politics, particularly from the left wing movement - the abuse of people who have an opposing view. We've seen it particularly with Brexit and the Covid pandemic. It’s unnecessary.
Or any criticism of Lord on the Inferno.......

Finny

Lets hope the families of preventable premature death in the under 60‘s aren’t reading this.

Covid 19 deaths are predicted to be overtaken by premature deaths in patients with treatable illnesses, the knock on effects will be felt for many years too come. Back in August 2020 government figures showed that the lockdown killed two people for every three that died of the coronavirus between 23 March and 1 May 2020 with 16,000 dying because they didn't get medical care while 25,000 died of the virus.
According to analysis by The Times, the “official” NHS waiting list of 3.9m people includes only patients who have not yet had their first hospital appointment after being referred by their GP.
Forward to this month it’s been suggested by April 2022 the will be 15 million awaiting follow up’s. These are just appointments prior to treatment beginning, the worst numbers coming from Cancer patients.
What an utterly bizarre comment to make when I haven't played down the risk of other deaths or illnesses. Indeed I have several family members waiting for operations/treatment and a close family friend died from cancer during the pandemic. Due to a mistake on the list of allowed attendees I wasn't allowed into the church and so my wife had to go in on her own.

Hospitals in England are already reporting issues with a high number of staff off having caught it (again) or self-isolating as a precaution.
The only way we're going to sort out the waiting lists is to take the action needed to keep cases so low they're not a risk to the NHS or it's staff.

I’ve got to be fair but this thread has become tiresome and a little divisive, starting out with legitimate questions of how and when the WAG will give the go ahead to reopen the rink. It now seems to have morphed into a vehicle to push political agendas.
Yes, we’re all entitled to our opinions but mine is that I’m getting more than a little pissed off with the attempted political point scoring!

Back to the original topic, I believe that ice will be put down next week but TK is waiting for the green light from the WAG.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #435
I’ve got to be fair but this thread has become tiresome and a little divisive, starting out with legitimate questions of how and when the WAG will give the go ahead to reopen the rink. It now seems to have morphed into a vehicle to push political agendas.
Yes, we’re all entitled to our opinions but mine is that I’m getting more than a little pissed off with the attempted political point scoring!

Back to the original topic, I believe that ice will be put down next week but TK is waiting for the green light from the WAG.
Yep totally agree - maybe time to lock it and banish to the archives forever more.

Mazzoak

What an utterly bizarre comment to make when I haven't played down the risk of other deaths or illnesses.

Hospitals in England are already reporting issues with a high number of staff off having caught it (again) or self-isolating as a precaution.
The only way we're going to sort out the waiting lists is to take the action needed to keep cases so low they're not a risk to the NHS or it's staff.
My response was at the sentiment of your comment, not you directly at you.

Mazzoak

Update as of last night @ 11pm whilst walking the dog ...... lights on all around the building. Also Pad 2 fully illuminated - so something was going on inside.
The record number of season tickets sold has forced the plans to extend the gantry . Planning received the application on Friday at 10 am, by 10.30 they’d agreed the extra 5,001 seats. Paddy and his team mobilised & arrived at Fishguard Friday afternoon, although many pints drunk the extra capacity tiers, seating, food outlets & VIP boxes completed in the early hours of Sunday morning.