Inferno its a Swear word now !

Skippy

Thread starter #21
Locked already that was quick and a nice little attack from Elite Mod 1 as well

"Because the Infurno and its members are commited to nothing but trashing the EIHL and this forum. Its membership list looks like our banned users list. How many Infurno members come on here solely to cause trouble ?. Most of them , thats who. If you dont like it here then you have the option of logging off and not returning."

i just started another thread called FAO Elite Mod 1

"Dear Elite Mod 1

I just wanted to clarify something that you posted in the locked thread below.
First of all, the members of the forum that shall not be named, just want to discuss hockey issues and whether that be about other teams or the performance of their team or indeed what the EIHL is currently doing wrong and could improve on that. That is someone's opinion, not abuse of a team an OPINION. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

However it seems that certain moderators on this forum (this is not having a go by the way) don't like it when fans from a team (this team in particular) discuss other teams, the performance of other teams and seem to have a problem with devils fans. So the reason why alot of the banned members have moved to the infurno is because they were banned from this forum for having an opinion.

And I intend not to post on this forum anymore because of the bias and over moderation of this forum, so to be frank but polite at the same time, you can shove this forum where the sun don't shine. I would rather post on a forum, where my opinion is valued than on a bias forum like this.

goodbye!!!"

Think thats a ban for me, lol

I replied to a post about the inferno this morning just correcting the spelling. I said that like sheffields weekend, trying to log on with the wrong spelling would be pointless.
Result, banned for an unspecified reason. Date ban will be lifted, never. How do I go on? Is there anywhere I can get counselling?

Russky

I have just posted my last pm on the Elite forum and it is as follows:

I have had enough of this totalitarian dictatorship that passes for a so called forum! It is obvious to me that the concept of freedom of speech is not allowed to be exercised here!

I am going where I can have a fair evenly balanced discussion without the threat of the thread being censored, locked or posters bullied when they happen to hold a view contrary to the EHA or any of the sheffield biased mods - which is all of them!

I am off to a forum that encourages open discussion and debate without influences being exerted by power hungry bully boy moderators, just twitching to exert their phoney authority at the behest of certain factions of the Elite League or the Sheffield Steelers Elite League as they should be more accurately known.

I would like to say I have enjoyed posting on the Elite League forum but in all honesty I cant!

LONG LIVE WWW.THE INFERNO.ORG!

Apparently, Voth is another dirty 4 letter word.

I've just been through all of the other teams areas on the other forum, and noticed that anyone who makes a post with "Voth" in it or in the header, has the thread locked.

oneill said:
The Elite league forum is a joke. U should buoycot it and get all the Cardiff members posting on here instead. ;)
In fact, if you look at the EIHL forum page, you will notice that the most activity has always been in the Cardiff, Belfast, Coventry and Basingstoke areas. My guess is that 90% of the Steelers post on their "Steeltalk" forum. Who knows why, but they do. No derisive comments now, we already know them, okay.

There are many who are still over there posting in the Devils forum that are being very neutral. I believe they are doing this so they can continue having good conversations and discussions along with keeping in touch with those fans. I am not saying that anyone here is not capable of doing that. No, not in the least. Everyone here is very knowledgable about the game and the team, and you have great discussions. That is why I come to visit so often.

A boycott of the other forum will and will not serve any purpose. It will enable you to develop and grow your own forum. Continuing to plink away at the mods (with their "banned buzzwords") will only keep them mad, but also prevent anyone who does it, from ever being able to discuss hockey with any fans from the other teams.

I also agree that the ban was over the top. At the same time the league does have to stand by its decision (whether or not it was or was not influenced by the Steelers PR teams). From my view it was a typical scrum.

If anything, the league should institute the "Goon" rule like they have in the NHL. The rule states that if coach sends out a player in the last 5 minutes of the game to pick and start an altercation, the player is penalized, the coach is penalized and fined ($10K or about 5K pounds). That would give coaches a little bit more to think about, wouldn't it.

In the case of the Sheffield game, that rule would have applied as Matsos sent out his guy after Voth and Dagenais were off to pick the fight in the last few minutes.

also we seem to have dropped a lot of the kids who would post things like "dat game waz awsum", which is no bad thing. This forum is definately geared more to the adult audience and to be honest it's probably better that way. Leave the kids to get moderated on the elite forum and let us get on with talking hockey!

Iceraider said:
This forum is definately geared more to the adult audience and to be honest it's probably better that way. Leave the kids to get moderated on the elite forum and let us get on with talking hockey!
Are we talking mental age? If so, perhaps I should start posting on the other forum again! :?

gneissgirl1 said:
Iceraider said:
This forum is definately geared more to the adult audience and to be honest it's probably better that way. Leave the kids to get moderated on the elite forum and let us get on with talking hockey!
Are we talking mental age? If so, perhaps I should start posting on the other forum again! :?
hehe, what do you mean mental age!? you're not old! Wannabe on the other hand... ;) :lol:

James

Administrator
gryphon5 said:
A boycott of the other forum will and will not serve any purpose. It will enable you to develop and grow your own forum. Continuing to plink away at the mods (with their "banned buzzwords") will only keep them mad, but also prevent anyone who does it, from ever being able to discuss hockey with any fans from the other teams.
You make some good points Gryphon. Outrageous though the actions of the 'Sheffield Steelers Ice Hockey League Guided Discussion Boards Moderators' have been in recent days, and tempting though it is to have a pop, it might be time to leave well enough alone.