"It looked like we may have blown it but ..."

Gaz G

Thread starter #1
As the title says.

League is now over in my opinion.

(Title edited from 'we've just blown it') - James

Have Hope#35

Re: We've Just Blown It.

Well this thread is a complete over-reaction! Am I pissed off that we lost? Yes! But let's not take things out of context, we're 2pts ahead with 7 Games to go and the top 3 teams all have tough games left!

got to agree we seem to have lost our way as far as the league goes with back to back defeats and the panthers hitting form at just the right time.what worries me most is panthers depth could well be the telling factor in the last month or so in the season,and moving to the new arena might mess us right up.lets hope we can retain the challenge cup and get to Nottingham for the play offs and take it from there.

Gaz G

Thread starter #5

Ocko said:
Don't be so dramatic. Plenty of hockey still to play.
Not being dramatic at all. Being reasonable actually. Our run in is crazy. Tonight's game was a must win as there is no way we can win all our remaining games. Sheffield can. Bad bad loss tonight.

Have Hope#35

Gaz G said:
Ocko said:
Don't be so dramatic. Plenty of hockey still to play.
Not being dramatic at all. Being reasonable actually. Our run in is crazy. Tonight's game was a must win as there is no way we can win all our remaining games. Sheffield can. Bad bad loss tonight.
But you said the league is NOW over! It can't be... We're top by 2pts and have the most regulation wins, that therefore makes your comment very dramatic!

SteveKing

Gaz, I don't mean to jump on you here but maybe I'm a little on edge after that loss...but do you really believe that Sheffield wins home and away against Nottingham, home and away against Fife AND home and away against Coventry? Not very likely in my books. What part of their recent form would suggest that? Nottingham also has an extremely tough schedule coming in. I would certainly still take our position over any team's. Tough loss? Absolutely. Have we just blown it? Not even close.

Anybody that doubts the character on this team hasn't been watching. Anybody that thinks that sporting results follow a predictable script hasn't been living!

Let's Go Devils

Have Hope#35

SteveKing said:
Gaz, I don't mean to jump on you here but maybe I'm a little on edge after that loss...but do you really believe that Sheffield wins home and away against Nottingham, home and away against Fife AND home and away against Coventry? Not very likely in my books. What part of their recent form would suggest that? Nottingham also has an extremely tough schedule coming in. I would certainly still take our position over any team's. Tough loss? Absolutely. Have we just blown it? Not even close.

Anybody that doubts the character on this team hasn't been watching. Anybody that thinks that sporting results follow a predictable script hasn't been living!

Let's Go Devils
Well said Steve!

To put things in perspective, that was our 4th game in 6 days and winning that one was always going to be tough in Fife. Hopefully the guys will have a good rest tomorrow and be ready for Coventry on Saturday. Crazy schedule.

Ocko

If you offered me in August that by the end of Feb we'd be two points clear at the top I would've bitten your hand off. Neither us, Nottingham or Sheffield will win out from here. Everything to play for.

A loss was always coming at some point, this league is too tough for it not to be. At least now we will want to put that loss right, with an Andrew Lord team you can be certain they'll come out flying Saturday.

DevilDom

SteveKing said:

Let's Go Devils
Spot on. An in-form Fife at home is a tough game for anyone in the league even without considering the fact it was our 4th game in 6 days. I'm disappointed we lost but there is still a fair way to go yet.

Give me our position over anyone else's any day of the week.

Gaz G

Thread starter #12

SteveKing said:

Let's Go Devils
Steve. The Devils have been amazing this year. It's brilliant that we are even this close to winning the league. The team have been superb all year.

As a negative person however, I think this loss will be our undoing.

ASHIPP

Nottingham are just peaking at the right time. With 2 new players in and their injury crisis over, their lines have settled. They have the best depth of any roster and can now roll four forward lines. Thought they were the best opposition at the BBT this season.

Next 2 weeks are going to be exciting. The team that can hold its nerve and maintain its fitness levels will be the strongest.

Our Guys have tremendous character. With that self-belief anything is possible.

Tad-cu

League is now over in my opinion.[/quote]

Easy tiger!
A long way to go yet, plenty of hockey to be played and lots of points to play for.
We have the points on the board and our rivals coming to play.
It's still in our own hands.

Can't see Squealers, Panthers and Clan going unbeaten to the end of the season.
Can't see the Clan going unbeaten for the rest of the week to be honest!

Come on you Devils!

I think the next problem in IAW could be the size of the trophy cabinet!

mazza03

SteveKing said:

Let's Go Devils
+1

Kal

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion a few weeks ago when Clan were going to walk the league and look how that turned out. It's not over by a long shot, the leagues not settled by what ifs, its points on the board which count and we've already got 2 more than everyone else. Like Lord says its one game at a time and we've now got a big game with Coventry who are desperately trying to hold onto that last playoff place, negativity isn't going to help us.

I'm not worried about the Steelers they've got to play in form Fife twice, desperate Coventry (who they're not doing well against this season) twice and title chasing, steel breaking Nottingham twice.

Nottingham don't have it easy either and it could well go down to us and them on the last day.

Milky

SteveKing said:

Let's Go Devils
Absolutely and well said Steve.

It's naive to think we should (or need to) win every game to win the league. Just as it is that others will do the same. It's also a disservice to Fife who have hit a bit of form and currently sit top of their conference. Especially this season and at this time of year, its a tough place to go.

Chill and enjoy the ride!!! Where's the fun in winning the league by the league by the end of February.

Devil94

As fans I think we look too much at the table. I certainly have over the last couple of weeks, with every different possibility going through my head. It is frustrating to watch the gap close, and thinking how comfortable we could have been at the top if we won the last two games. But don't know how the league can be over when we are sitting clear at the top.

I'm certain we will lose another game, maybe two. But so will the others. No one will win all remaining games. It's about taking every possible point.

I'm now going to take Lordo's advice, not look at the table, just take every game as it comes.