"It looked like we may have blown it but ..."

pjj365

Re: We've Just Blown It.

Devil94 said:
As fans I think we look too much at the table. I certainly have over the last couple of weeks, with every different possibility going through my head. It is frustrating to watch the gap close, and thinking how comfortable we could have been at the top if we won the last two games. But don't know how the league can be over when we are sitting clear at the top.

I'm certain we will lose another game, maybe two. But so will the others. No one will win all remaining games. It's about taking every possible point.

I'm now going to take Lordo's advice, not look at the table, just take every game as it comes.
I look at the tables to cheer me up after looking at NHL tables and watching the Habs decline. Now that is blowing it - not sitting top with games to play

Devil94

And with us only playing once on the weekend, it is likely that Sheffield will be top of the league by Sunday night. Now no one wants to see that.

Have Hope#35

Devil94 said:
And with us only playing once on the weekend, it is likely that Sheffield will be top of the league by Sunday night. Now no one wants to see that.
If we beat Coventry they won't be top whatever they do!

With the run in a couple weeks ago or so I was looking back at the home loss to Braehead before Christmas and was thinking if only we had won this. However since then Braehead have lost games we didn't think they would lose. Hopefully Nottingham and Sheffield will lose games as well before the end of the season. It's not over yet and the team are more than capable of beating anyone.

We play Panthers last game of the regular season,if you are not a season ticket holder I would be buying the day they are available it really could be a winner takes all game.

BLOWN IT

I dont think we have blown it still in a great position with 7 games to go. squeaky bum time maybe be keeps it interesting looking guessing what other results are or going to be. what it does prove though is that the league has got stronger which from fans POV is great and then if we do go on to win league and or more it just proves what a great job Andrew lord and all the team on and off ice have done with a great future ahead aswel. also when you speak to non hockey fans and say that the league is in its last weeks with possibly 5 teams still in with a shout can only help the sport

but on saying this lets not lose another game this season PLEASE !!

KaneDevils

I'm assuming this is a thread started out of anger, and/or frustration.
If we beat Coventry Saturday and blaze then beat Sheffield Sunday, will that make the title race "UNblown" and put us back in the hot seat?

Both those results mentioned are both very likely too. If I was a betting man....

pjj365

KaneDevils said:
If we beat Coventry Saturday and blaze then beat Sheffield Sunday, will that make the title race "UNblown" and put us back in the hot seat?

Both those results mentioned are both very likely too. If I was a betting man....
Don't do it to me - my brain hurts

If a beats b who beats c who beats a and each beats d,e ,f etc the permutations are pretty extensive given that Panthers are not down and out yet and there are so many games to play out accross the leauge

It is simple in concept if not in reality - we need to win all our games - "one game at a time"

Temme

Without going into the details (only because I don't have time!)
the last weekend of the season looks very tasty, with Sheffield v Nottingham on Saturday and Cardiff v Nottingham Sunday!

Hopefully the league isn't decided before then :mrgreen:

Obviously Gaz likes to get a rise out of inferno readers, and he was able to with his recent post.
We face tough tests right through to the end of the season against some great teams but so do our rivals for the title. The league is absolutely fantastic this year, with no easy matches.
The Devils have the best record in the EIHL. They are the best coached and to a man are committed to the success of our organization. They feed off the best group of supporters in the league, The Red Army.
I like our chances.
Brian Parker
P.S. I cant wait to see our boys, and the red army in Nottingham and Sheffield next week as we chase league and challenge cup glory.

KaneDevils

pjj365 said:
KaneDevils said:

Don't do it to me - my brain hurts

If a beats b who beats c who beats a and each beats d,e ,f etc the permutations are pretty extensive given that Panthers are not down and out yet and there are so many games to play out accross the leauge

It is simple in concept if not in reality - we need to win all our games - "one game at a time"
I'm not quite sure you get my point. Which is, one bad result makes little difference as the next weekend of fixtures can change things back again. A few weeks ago we thought braehead had it in the bag.

Devil94

There will be more results like tonight's as well. Just sit back and enjoy it!

Hopefully your 100% will still be intact in 10 days time Brian!

And tonight's result in Nottingham just shows we haven't blown it, we're not the only club carrying a tremendous pressure...

Gaz G

Thread starter #37

KaneDevils said:

Not at all. Last night was on paper the easiest league game we have left this season. Ergo a more must win game than any other. The Steelers run in is much more comfortable than ours....hence my opinion. I'd love to be proved wrong of course.

Gaz G said:
KaneDevils said:

Not at all. Last night was on paper the easiest league game we have left this season. Ergo a more must win game than any other. The Steelers run in is much more comfortable than ours....hence my opinion. I'd love to be proved wrong of course.
If you believe, even on paper, that the Flyers game was your easiest remaining game I would suggest that you are very much mistaken.

Only yourselves and Manchester can match the current run that we, Flyers, are on.

Flyers went into last nights game having our last 5 on home ice and 9 of our last 12 including wins over Sheffield, Belfast, Coventry and Braehead 3 times.

We have the third best PP and the second best PK, the best on home ice, in the league.

If you do believe that was your easiest game left then you are in trouble because on paper on current form that was two of the best teams in the league, both current leaders of their respective conferences, going at it and both playing a great game of hockey.
I am sure you will find equally tough examinations of your title credentials in the coming weeks but to get victories your opposition will have to have played exceptionally well

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts as to why, on paper, you thought this was your easiest remaining game when the paper evidence clearly shows it wasn't.
It's not a dig, just a genuine inquiry as to why you thought that

thanks harlan. the flyers are a great a team and deserve everything thats coming to them. every team in the eihl are great., which we all want as to make a competitive league. we are great, but we will lose, thats a given but we will win, and i think we need every confidence in our team for the rest of the year. we got this. Devils, go get this!

We only need 4 more points against teams in our conference to win the conference - so that looks like a good bet to me.