Jamie Vanderveeken signs

Just looking at his YouTube clips looks a decent signing, his number also appears to be 26, so will he and vother fight for the right to wear it?? Excellent news and much needed positivity.

James

Administrator
SPEEDACE said:
his number also appears to be 26, so will he and vother fight for the right to wear it??
Centre Ice on face-off? :D I believe precedent states if its already in use or retired you find another one.
Looking forward to Friday even more now. Bring it on.

ASHIPP

Happy, happy days! Great timing before Friday - our 'grotty little tent' will be ROCKING! :twisted: Christmas really has come early. What a boost for the team and the fans. :D
Here is a solid player who has been on the Devils' rumour mill for at least two seasons. Finally he's here. This will allow G to finally ice a full roster.....and allow the forwards to settle in their lines for more attacking play.
Welcome to Cardiff, Jamie. Hopefully you are going to enjoy your time here.

Thankyou PR, and welldone G and Franny for securing this. :cool:

drainage

jester said:
Congrats on getting the extra player.

Excuse me whilst i go and fix my irony meter that has just exploded :twisted:
Think you have a typo - this is a replacement player rather than extra as Smith is out ...... if you want to be ironic it would help to be accurate easier for us to appreciate your attempts at irony that way !!

Extras are the domain of other clubs !

drainage said:
jester said:

Think you have a typo - this is a replacement player rather than extra as Smith is out ...... if you want to be ironic it would help to be accurate !
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks a very decent signing to me and I know other fans will have a go just a couple of weeks after saying there were some money issues but like with the Blaze, cutting imports or leaving the team weakened doesn't make any financial sense. If the stands were full, I believe both clubs would be financially secure. The clubs just need to get the fans back through the gates ... this isn't going to happen if the teams are so weak that they have no chance of being competitive.

drainage said:
jester said:

Think you have a typo - this is a replacement player rather than extra as Smith is out ...... if you want to be ironic it would help to be accurate easier for us to appreciate your attempts at irony that way !!

Extras are the domain of other clubs !

Ah right so exactly the same as Crane then :roll:

DevilDom

Jester we have had 1 replacement for and injured player who has been out for around 3 months now. Devils have been playing 2 imports down for large parts of the season so far due to further injuries.

Giants started with a spare and have since added another spare (Awada) and replacements for Doucet and LeBlanc. With McBride leaving i'm sure you'll have another player in to quickly jump on the Belfast Giants merry go round soon! It is hardly comparable.

DevilDom said:
Jester we have had 1 replacement for and injured player who has been out for around 3 months now. Devils have been playing 2 imports down for large parts of the season so far due to further injuries.

Giants started with a spare and have since added another spare (Awada) and replacements for Doucet and LeBlanc. With McBride leaving i'm sure you'll have another player in to quickly jump on the Belfast Giants merry go round soon! It is hardly comparable.
Yes we started with a spare ( crane) he has replaced the injured Doucet.
Leblanc left due to visa issues and was replaced with Clarke
We are awaiting a full time replacement for mcbride
(Awada lives in Belfast that was just pure luck)

Crane has replaced doucet now. However was brought in as an addition to the roster before any injuries. Jamie has been brought in as a replacement of mark and that is months after the injury and playing short

jester said:
DevilDom said:

Yes we started with a spare ( crane) he has replaced the injured Doucet.
Leblanc left due to visa issues and was replaced with Clarke
We are awaiting a full time replacement for mcbride
(Awada lives in Belfast that was just pure luck)

Just out of curiosity, have Belfast released Doucet, or are they still paying him. If they haven't released him then surly its the same as what Cardiff are doing for Mark Smith.