Josh Batch,

kingmo19.1

I think some people see a big player and automatically think “Oh, they should hit and fight lots”.

Yes Batch used to hit a lot more, but we also used to play in the BBT with its smaller ice pad. If you threw a hit and got yourself out of position it didn’t take too much to get yourself back into it.
On the big ice we have now, throwing a hit out of position will almost certainly give up a Grade A chance to the opposition.

From what I’ve seen this season under PR, Batch is playing a more defensive, simpler game. KettDevil broke it down very well in another thread.
I think it’s pretty obvious that Batch was identified last season by the ‘armchair experts’ as someone they wanted to criticise and they wouldn’t let facts get in their way this season. If you watch someone looking for mistakes of course you’re going to see a couple at this level. But I don’t see Batch making more mistakes than anyone else.

in our last 8 games we’ve conceded 28 goals.
Batch was only on the ice for 8 of them. And 4 of them were on the PP.
4 EH goals conceded in 8 games doesn’t sound like a Dman with issues to me.
What about throwing a big hit when you are in position ????

august04 2.0

There are way more important issues to resolve on this team, than Josh Batch. Of course he’s not going to do the job of a top 2 line D man, but he’s usually pretty solid for our 6th defenceman (and a Brit). He has the tools to do more on the physical side, but if it’s not in his nature, it’s not going to happen very often.

Wannabe2

The thing is Josh is a different person now, when your a young buck have a bit of a temper, dont care or think a lot and want people to think your the kiddie, then bring it on whatever it is. Then when you become a mature man, quite down a bit, think a bit more, have a wife and a young baby, and the Andrenalin don’t flow like it used to then you change like we all change. We don’t have a great defence but that’s down to 6 players, not 1 or 2.

E.D.S.

You said we have worse import D at the club than batch. A name would be nice
It's poor taste. He's already said that. Even though I've commented on this thread, singling out a player like this isn't ideal. A whole thread on one player! Commenting on a player in a game thread is fine in my book but a whole thread bashing a player feels a bit excessive.