Ladies Night

Have a lot on this year and had financially planned for this in Feb as usual, would prefer it later as it's great to look forward to. Can understand the reasoning though and will still go, just got to do a bit of juggling.

When is payment due for this?
On the Devils site it says at the Panthers game on Wednesday 30th but others had an email from the club saying you have to pay by the 11th Oct..

mazza03

This is the first time since it started that I haven't been I'm a little annoyed because there are 4/5 of us that go but can't this year because it's so early. Damn. :cry:

Don't want to sound like a party pooper, but I'm not excited this year. Think its because it's all been a biit rushed, trying to get a nice frock etc...... I still haven't recovered from last year... :shock:

TheStub

Ask him yourself - he should be at the game on the weekend ;)

I agree though (unless he did it directly from his phone, then it *may* be slightly more complicated ;) )

Thread starter #12
I know what happens at Ladies Night stays at Ladies Night, but I wish the organisers had stopped the "entertainment" (and I use that term loosely) and started the disco on time. I also didn't think the Fran and Franny thing worked very well, and my Devil waiter went missing for most of the night :(

All in all, one of the poorer Ladies Nights I've been to.

Overall an ok evening but a few gripes. What was the point of the gift bags? There was nothing in them at all - complete waste of time. I understand the importance of sponsors but why do the regular supporters get stuck at the back of the room. That's business i guess. As usual food was shocking. As a big positive mr lyle was a gentleman. It was a pleasure to have your company.

Sheincar

Agreed the Fran & Franny thing didn't work.

The disco wasn't on time but then nor was anything else from the start.

Food - I loved once I got past the starter - yuck!!

Gift bags at the table waste of time yet again - Debenhams bags though were great.

Stevie was great waiter - Rock Chick yours wasn't the first waiter to go MIA & I'm sure he won't be the last!!

Entertainment - I loved it & haven't laughed so much for ages.

On balance - much better than last year which had left me a bit dubious about this year's. So glad I went now.

Ive got to agree with the comments posted above, the Debenhams gift bag was lovely the ones at the table a bit pointless. Thought the food took a long time to come out particularly the dessert. I agree with the comments re timings, the disco started way to late.

I also thought the raffle prizes should have been split up much more.

My waiter disappeared too but think he felt a bit uncomfortable at the event!

It was my first Ladies Night and dont think I would attend again. :cry:

I didn't go last night as I was disappointed by the one earlier this year.

Our Devil waiter couldn't get away to the bar quick enough and barely said two words. In fact the majority of the players were propping up the bar in the other room all night. All credit to Towe, Jay, Silverthorn and DC who spent all evening with their designated table.

The players spend the majority of their time together, and its not exactly a cheap night with the price of the tickets plus drinks, so I think the players could at least spend a few hours away from their buddies and entertain the ladies for the evening....that's what its all about afterall!

It seemed like very few of the tables had their waiters in attendance. Bit disappointing seeing as they were meant to be doing our every bidding according to Fran & Franny.

I enjoyed much more than last year, but then again I was so drunk last year.

Debenhams bags were brill :) - other bags yes bit pants. The thing that I didn't understand was it seemed to me like they were presenting to "newbies", E.G Fixture list in the bags, the poster in the hallway "Most people think ice hockey is this" and a pic of MacIver fighting Ndur.."come see for yourself"...Well technically if your there you generally watch ice hockey.... (I know there's lots of bunny guests).

Food: Yuck Pate tasted like a lump of garllic, 2 slices of cucumber, 1/4 tomato and 1 lettuce leaf.
Chicken thing was ok and the carrots, but what the hell was the stringy stuff :lol:
Pudding was yummy although too sickly to finish. Lyle was fab. Have to say I really enjoyed his conversation and company, seems a real genuinely nice bloke.

I liked the entertainment, but was also disappointed it started late so we ended up with less boogying time. There was also a creepy waiter..... :roll:

Wannabe2

Dont suppose playing a hard game sat, travelling back and forth to Scotland and playing a game helped.Thats no excuse for you guys , but it couldnt have helped.