Ladies Night

Sheincar

Wannabe2 said:
Dont suppose playing a hard game sat, travelling back and forth to Scotland and playing a game helped.Thats no excuse for you guys , but it couldnt have helped.
Well they managed to summon up enough energy to raise a glass & dance so not too tired.

Had fab night, thanks to all on our table, Stevie was great, stayed with us most of the night !

Took waaaay too long for the boogying to start, thats my pet hate, entertainment was ok had a laugh but too long in my opinion.

Other than that was good night. Music was good, food was ok except for starter, chicken was nice, rosti was very bland, dessert was yummy

drainage

Sheincar said:
Wannabe2 said:
Dont suppose playing a hard game sat, travelling back and forth to Scotland and playing a game helped.Thats no excuse for you guys , but it couldnt have helped.
Well they managed to summon up enough energy to raise a glass & dance so not too tired.
Sitting on the fence here , and have never attended a ladies night, I would have expected some to find the situation a bit uncomfortable (no offence but parading round shirtless as some events seem to have been isnt everyones cup of tea) but that said if you are going to stage an event , take peoples money on the premise "your Devils player is there to attend to you all night" then you should deliver.

Not delivering only makes people feed let down and possibly impacts future evenings and sales.

Maybe they need to get a format that can be adhered to by all - and someone should have cleared the bar of those propping it up and send them back to work!!

No offence am sure they have plenty of lads drinks together during the season - it runs from Aug to April after all !!

maybe they should try having two devils players per table, i can imagine it can be quite an awkward situation for them especially if they are a bit shy and if they had another devils player with them they might feel a bit better in the situation. Obviously i dont know as i havent been to these events before seeing as im male :p but just a thought.

Foxy

See now i thought it was one of the better nights for a few years. Food was good and i actually enjoyed the entertainment.

Our waiter for the night was Stoney and couldn't fault him but there again it was the third time our table has had Stoney as our waiter, he must feel like part of the family now because he is very relaxed around us. :D

Wannabe2

Well as a shrinking violet myself i would find it very difficult to be surrounded by pretty women, as its not everyones cup of tea, or pint of dark.

I understand why some of the players are uncomfortable, especially the ones in relationships or married.

They are encouraged to be "sexy" for us ladies. I know some of the players love the event.

It obvious that some of the players are a lot more confident than others, and I personally don't see the need for them to serve one course without their shirts ons. I wouldn't expect them to do it just like you wouldn't expect a female sports team to serve food in their bras...although I'm more than sure men would love it!

It may be an idea for future Ladies Nights to have a different player serve a different course, so you get at least 3 players to chat to on the table throughout the night.

Otherwise I can't really fault it. Its a good idea, and the money goes to a good cause. Its just a shame when certain players want to spend the night at the bar!

I, personally, had the time of my life! I was hysterical at the hypnotist and I enjoyed the food (except I don't like pate).

Stevie Lyle was great as our server and chatted to all of us.

I've been to several Ladies Nights and enjoyed this more than the others. The one with the drag artist was a close second, but I did go home with a fractured foot courtesy of Tyson that time!

All in all, a great night, roll on the next one!

p.s. thanks to Mike Hartwick, you made my night!!! :D

Bezza

I thought this year was good but not the best I have been to.It seemed to start very late for some reason so was a lot of hanging around. I did think they could have thought of some better games than the usual 'True or False'!

Disco started much too late in my opinion, just as everyone was getting their 'Dancing Shoes' on the night was over!

The food I thought was nice except for the pate! yuk!

The Hypnotist was Brill especially as my best friend and sister-in-law took part! I haven't laughed so much in ages..... Jay was Class and I am sure when his Hockey days are over he could well join the Royal Ballet with those moves!! lol

I thought our waiter for the night was fab, he was a true gentleman and was happy to join in the fun at our table. If I had to make one criticism, it would be that my friends thought it was very unfair that he spent the majority of the night texting his girlfriend at the table!!! (Don't want to name, names!) as I personally thought he was great company. :p

All in all it was a good night but sorry new ideas are needed for the next 'Ladies Night' to keep the interest going :!:

Fab night!!

Mark Smith was great company, thanks for the drinks x, he stayed at our table and danced with us all night.

Raffle prizes were great

Goody bags not the best

Food was really good

yes the disco did start a bit too late for those of us that had work the next morning

Great company, and think I probably lost some weight walking to the toilets - bargain!!

Thanks to the organisers, I look forward to next year xx

But please can we have a better table next time

mazza03

They always shove the regulars at the back I could never figure that one out. The best ones were the first few they had hand massages, people from Lush giving pressies and advice, and the goody bags were full of lovely things from Lush, Body Shop and Booots, they were first class. Can't comment on this years as I didn't go.