Latest rink update

Whilst the cladding seems to be continuing, is there any work going on inside?

I know there was talk in construction circles before Christmas that the main contractor was looking to complete the cladding but moving subcontractors involved with M&E and fitout over to the housing scheme to push it on.

Posted this on the another thread relating to new rink - so thought best put here too....!

Basically wanted to find out more about the facilities at the new venue.

Spending hours sitting in the BBT watching my son train could be so much better with a nice warm coffee area, sky sports and wi-fi etc!!!

I am sure if Costa/Starbucks/Coffee #1 or AN Other franchise-type outlet was on site it could attract non-ice sports business too on top of the many parents taking their kids skating/hockey etc??

Are there any plans (even if on previous pages) that show the floorplan etc?

Time line of works.

formerly.cardiff.gov.uk/objview.asp?object_I'd=22481

Paste that into your browser, it's detailed at the end of the Executive Business Meetings.

Anyone know what's happening with the new arena? I saw it tonight when I went down to the game and it looks like they are finishing the cladding and installing the insulation.

Once that's done it's just interiors surely?

august04

Some concern for me when watching Kelman's interview on Premier Sports last night about recruitment for next year when I think he mentioned that they didn't know whether they'd be in the new rink on time, or it would be one month late or two months late (and how any delays would impact on the type of team they recruit). Has there been any update recently on completion dates etc?

Koop11

There have been rumours about the developers not being able to complete the project on time due to the slow sales in the Pilote Housing scheme. I think Kelman’s interview on Premier confirms this delay.

Not ideal in terms of recruiting for next season but the project is so far down the line that there is little risk in us not getting the new rink, its simply a case of when. Hell, it’s been 9 years already, what’s a couple of months eh.

Temme

my "unconfirmed" and "unofficial" opinion (i don't know anything... honest...)
is that the accommodation isn't selling at a fast enough rate to pay for the ice rink (as Koop has said),

Don't expect IAW to be our home venue until November.