Latest rink update

Have Hope#35

KaneDevils said:
Didn't chillee mention this as an issue weeks ago? Whilst having mud flung at him if I recall?
Yeah, he also said it would never happen.
Continued to say it wouldn't happen whilst being built.
That the Shops would never happen.
That the Ski Slope would never happen.
That the New Rink was too small based on demand.
That the Arena was too big and therefore unprofitable. Sure there's more!?
People talked about possible delays prior to Chillee to be honest...
He has done a good job of covering all bases though, bound to get one right!

Finny

KaneDevils said:
Didn't chillee mention this as an issue weeks ago? Whilst having mud flung at him if I recall?
Chillee has mentioned a lot of things.
First I think he claimed it would never be built.
Then he claimed it would be built, but wouldn't be used for an ice rink.

Finny

I'm not surprised the apartments and houses aren't selling though. They are asking far too much for the state of the current area.
When the rink, the shops, the bars and restaurants etc are all built I'm sure they'll be worth a lot of money. But that's probably still 5-10 years off.

If they are desperate to sell maybe I'll chuck in a couple of really cheeky offers.

wildthing74

Finny said:
I'm not surprised the apartments and houses aren't selling though. They are asking far too much for the state of the current area.
When the rink, the shops, the bars and restaurants etc are all built I'm sure they'll be worth a lot of money. But that's probably still 5-10 years off.

If they are desperate to sell maybe I'll chuck in a couple of really cheeky offers.
I said same to Mrs last night. They are premium prices based on what may be in the area in the future and you can get far better for your money in other parts of the City. They are pitched too high and that's on them.

Ocko

They are also priced out of range of Cardiff IMO. The houses are aimed at the younger generation such is their design yet priced at something you'd expect a middle aged exec in London to pay. The market they are aimed at on the whole just don't earn that sort of money in South Wales.

KaneDevils

Making an offer on a new build is a very good idea. Especially if sales are needed. From experience I'd recommend you to do so. What's the worst they can say?

Finny

KaneDevils said:
Making an offer on a new build is a very good idea. Especially if sales are needed. From experience I'd recommend you to do so. What's the worst they can say?
With the state of my finances "yes" :lol:

So l said a lot, there where a lot of issues. The biggest being catch 22, high sale value to pay for not just the rink, to get high sale value make an attractive development. One needs the other.

mazza03

I have to say I'm a little peeved that once again the opening of the new rink is delayed, why are we treated so shabbily by CCC? I'd like to ring their collective necks. They take our rink and demolish it, build an other lot of shops (I know we haven't got many :DWD ) they promise us a new rink in 5 years and nearly 9 year later we are still waiting, but football Oh football get their new stadium and modifications in less time. :evil: :evil:

Rant over :shock:

mazza03 said:
I have to say I'm a little peeved that once again the opening of the new rink is delayed, why are we treated so shabbily by CCC? I'd like to ring their collective necks. They take our rink and demolish it, build an other lot of shops (I know we haven't got many :DWD ) they promise us a new rink in 5 years and nearly 9 year later we are still waiting, but football Oh football get their new stadium and modifications in less time. :evil: :evil:

Don't think this delay got anything to do with ccc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mazza03

devils2001uk said:
mazza03 said:

Don't think this delay got anything to do with ccc

Well they could have put some/more funds toward it and stop making everything so difficult.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thought someone stated they got European Funding which stipulated an ice rink had to be built as part of the conditions to receive money. Anybody told those pesky Eurocrats that someone's dragging their feet and didn't spend the money on a rink.

chillee said:
Thought someone stated they got European Funding which stipulated an ice rink had to be built as part of the conditions to receive money. Anybody told those pesky Eurocrats that someone's dragging their feet and didn't spend the money on a rink.
Anything that has got "Euro" in front of it must be taken with a huge pinch of salt IMHO.....It's kind of like Welsh Whisky! :lol:

Now Welsh Tequila..? No issue with salt there. And a bit of Lemon or Lime!

mazza03

chillee said:
I think that was to :clean: the land of any chemicals left from industry, I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Funny that since there where issues regarding the soil structure, wasn't it reported that one of the worst structures to build on that land would be an ice rink. I guess that took a lot of cash to sort out.

Finny

From what I remember, EU funding was used to reclaim back some of the land - and in return it had to be used for a variety of different sports I.e. Water/ice/snow.

Are you suggesting then chilee that the rink isn't going to be built?