Latest rink update

Sheincar

The rink in Eindhoven has a capacity of 1700 apparently so we would certainly be able to host Group 1B tournaments plus the womens & U18 & U20s play out of Dumfries & their capacity is 2300. It's the number of changing rooms that I thought might be an issue.

Finny

I remember at the SORAC meetings I attended the rules on the number of changing rooms for International Skating tournaments was brought up. The PI Skydome II plan definitely didn't fit the requirements, but I think the Greenbank plans did.

dave

Finny said:
I remember at the SORAC meetings I attended the rules on the number of changing rooms for International Skating tournaments was brought up. The PI Skydome II plan definitely didn't fit the requirements, but I think the Greenbank plans did.
Correct it was brought up and that there would be enough in new to host potential international games etc.

Thanks to Chris Hartrey for a tour inside Ice Arena Wales earlier. Great to see so many people working inside in preparation for the full workforce starting back on site on Monday. Full steam ahead now. This facility is going to be magnificent

Ocko

Kipper said:
Thanks to Chris Hartrey for a tour inside Ice Arena Wales earlier. Great to see so many people working inside in preparation for the full workforce starting back on site on Monday. Full steam ahead now. This facility is going to be magnificent
Cmon kip you must've taken some pictures!

august04

Kipper said:
Has anything changed or any decisions made re. the Devils offer to purchase, or was the full workforce restarting on Monday planned anyway?

Nothing going on at the rink between 11 and 1 when I was at the pool, the site was dead, all the work was going on at the housing the other side

Not trying to cause an argument, just updating since I was down there

osh

chris hartrey said:
Osh I would be happy to take you for a tour of the IAW site then you can see for your self and if Chillie wants to come too he is welcome.

Just let me know when it suits you.
Very nice gesture Chris, much appreciated. Will possibly be in touch early August when I return from an overseas project I'm involved with. My comment re Pooneil was almost tongue in cheek after the barbed comments aimed at myself for daring to mention delays to this project, delays that he said never existed, and that I did not believe we would complete on the dates he mentioned which now appears to be the case. So it's strange that he is not posting when previously he had so much to say for himself, maybe he's not involved in the project anymore ? I value your comments and I also learn from others as to how much effort you have put in to the project thus far and I am sure it will be worth the wait whenever a completion date is announced. We are indebted to your hard work, thanks.