Main Devils Website

osh

Thread starter #1
There is a report of last night's game on the main Hull website, great coverage from all angles thanks to The Inferno, yet it's 10.36 on a Monday morning and we have no report on the Devil's website !! What is going on in the PR department I wonder. Win or lose, a decent match report should be on the main website within a short time of the game ending.

TheStub

I'm not sure if they still rely on volunteers to write the match reports. For all the great work they do, we still forget that we have quite a small back office team - and it is Paul who seemingly does most the PR.

Hopefully they will get some writers recruited soon, and we can have updates quickly going forward.

august04

The current website is a joke, still shows last season's roster, league tables etc. Supposed to be launching the new one this week though so let's hope that is updated a bit more often.

TheStub

I managed to have a sneak peek at the new site - and it looks ace. I hope that we are seeing the effort that should go into updating the current site into getting the new one live.

Hopefully everyone will be happy with the results!

Finny

osh said:
There is a report of last night's game on the main Hull website, great coverage from all angles thanks to The Inferno, yet it's 10.36 on a Monday morning and we have no report on the Devil's website !! What is going on in the PR department I wonder. Win or lose, a decent match report should be on the main website within a short time of the game ending.
0844 801 2010

osh

Thread starter #6
Just realised there isn't a match report from Saturday's game at Hull on the website either ! So yes Stib, I sincerely hope the new site is better because it couldn't be worse could it ? Finny, what's the phone number for please ?

Finny

osh said:
Just realised there isn't a match report from Saturday's game at Hull on the website either ! So yes Stib, I sincerely hope the new site is better because it couldn't be worse could it ? Finny, what's the phone number for please ?
It's the Devils Office number so you can ask why there isn't a match report on the website.

osh

Thread starter #10
Apparently there was some blip in someone getting the report in on time for last night's game. Saturday's game was not reported as they did not have anyone on reporting duties at the game !! Thank god for The-Inferno.

Russky

As a member of the previous writing team, I read the programe to see who had picked up the pen that I had left behind last season and found Finny's Report - Good it was too!

I dont know who does the web report but I guess either the esteemed Man of apparrently many talents Mr Sullivan or one of his colleagues! I notice it glossed over the latter events in view of the expectant inquest to be held at League HQ i.e Hallam arena, Sheffield!

Finny

I'm only doing the match reports in the programme as the usual person is away on holiday. And don't expect any revelations in next week's programme regarding the incident yesterday. I've shamelessy swept it under the carpet and given it only half a sentence.

TheStub said:
I'm not sure if they still rely on volunteers to write the match reports. For all the great work they do, we still forget that we have quite a small back office team - and it is Paul who seemingly does most the PR.
You are having a laugh right, there is more back office staff than for years.

TheStub

phil PLT said:
TheStub said:
You are having a laugh right, there is more back office staff than for years.
That may be the case, but there still isn't an army - and there are a lot of jobs to be done, and few people wearing a lot of different hats.

We may be ahead of where we have been before, but all of these new and exciting things that are happening need people to do them - and there will inevitably be decisions made about where to spend the time.

We seem to have all become drawn into this 'next generation' Devil - but they are still human, and there are still finite resources.

Theres always been people wearing a lot of different hats, but back then it was fewer people with more hats than now. Just ask Brent from a couple of seasons ago ;)

TheStub

I'm not debating that - but my point still stands :lol:

Also, I think that there are either more or bigger hats in the new organisation. We have bought the sombreros.

osh

Thread starter #19
Sorry STUB, think you've got this one wrong. There may be plenty of work to do behind the scenes as you quite rightly say, however, for a club to take so long in getting a match report out from the previous nights game is pretty poor. Also, let's remember that they didn't even manage a report from Saturday's game at all. The obvious place to look for results is on a club's own website. So, apart from knowing about the Inferno, how would anyone know the score from Saturday's game, the scorers etc. the website is meant to provide info on the club and the most important info is results and match reports. The club have accepted that they made a mistake over this, they have learned from their mistake and have accepted the criticism as constructive, we should now also accept that a mistake was made over this and see how things pan out in the future.

TheStub

I refer you to my original reply. The match reports seem to rely on volunteers to write them, and as none of us in the crowd for the Hull game wrote anything up, I'm guessing some of the blame can be levelled on us. I would volunteer to write up all Hull games, except I will (hopefully) have relocated back to Wales before the next one (this may also impact on our ability to run MNL for these games too - as we suffer from the need for volunteers also).

The point I was making with numbers is a simple one. There are lots of things to do, and limited people to do them.

When it comes to getting information about what is happening to the team, and the league in general - you are preaching to the choir. I moved to Scunthorpe in 2006, at the end of the 2005-06 season. I know what it is like to hammer the F5 key on a Monday morning and see the match report from our point of view - and struggle to learn what is going on

So, I am also well placed to notice how much better it has been recently, last season and this. I have no doubt that we will see an improvement as more people step forward to help write the reports.