Mark Smith signs

Wannabe2

Fantastic signing by G and the club, and a very warm WELCOME HOME TO MARK, this news is just the ticket to get the positive remarks up and running, and still 4 more to come. Well played G its looking like its gonna be a great summer. Thank God my seats safe, we are going to have a team to be proud of HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Rempel16

Wannabe2 said:
Fantastic signing by G and the club, and a very warm WELCOME HOME TO MARK, this news is just the ticket to get the positive remarks up and running, and still 4 more to come. Well played G its looking like its gonna be a great summer. Thank God my seats safe, we are going to have a team to be proud of HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Got to agree with that Wannabe!! Smitthy is worth the entrance fee alone and looking around the league at other teams signings I think we have easily signed the best player in the league so far!!!

ASHIPP said:
OMG - just shows if you try hard enough, your wish is granted! Welcome back Mark. :D Can't wait to see him on the ice again. A quality signing above quality signings. How exciting is next season going to be?
Thanks to G for delivering on a promise - thanks to Mark for coming back!
I'm now dreaming of a 1st line ....

Deschatalets-Elich-Smith :mrgreen:
or
Birbraer-Elich-Smith :mrgreen:

Can we all hold hands and shut our eyes tight...then it might come true!
My money's on the 'M' Line. We haven't had such a hot proposal for ten years when we had the formidable 'Black Line'. I'm sooo excited...hurry up september!!!!!!

Chris

Administrator
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES!

I've been wishing/praying for this signing for bloody ages, after the webchat where Adams stated we couldn't afford to bring Smith back, my hopes and dreams were crushed. Whatever has changed, AMAZING!

Now we just need Birbraer back on the 1st line and another equally as awesome 1st line signing and my life is quite possibly complete!

Chris :D

A

Anonymous

Fantastic signing, Im well chuffed with this.....Elich and Birbraer next and I'll be the happiest hockey fan ever :lol:

Koop11

Oh happy days! Chuffed with this signing. You hear his name every summer and naturally contract offers on the mainland mean we can’t compete but this is, as quoted, a ‘statement of intent’ from the club.

This isn’t just about the Wizard coming back to Cardiff. This is a message to the league that the Devils will compete with the big boys when it comes to recruiting. This club, even in difficult financial times, is being run so professionally and it so exciting to see after years of struggle. The level of interest locally, the clear signs of better relations with the council, the evidence of wider marketing, and now the signing of a top class player just shows what a great new managerial set up we have here in Cardiff.

Well done to Gerad for his perseverance. This team is shaping up quite nicely indeed. We have two top class centres on our first and second lines. Roll on the rest of the team.

Welcome back Smithy boy.

Chris

Administrator
I bet you are starting to regret going away to uni now
I'm trying to think positive :)

I'll support the Panthers when they play against the Steelers and the Blaze, but i'll support the Devils when they come up to Nottingham and be expecting to end the hoodoo at the NIC :D

Chris.

I thought this was a wind up..... Awesome news.

It's not only the signing in itself which is good for the club though. G will be able to tell potential new signings that they're going to be playing with a player like Smitty and who knows who else we're going to be able to entice here. His on ice vision is just beautiful to watch.

august04

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
skippy said:
Great news.

Fingers crossed we get Max back to play on the line with him :D
Would Love to see Smith, Birbraer and Elich on our first line :D
Elich would be a bonus but two out of three ain't bad!
Great signing. For me, Smith was one of the best players I've seen wear a Devils uniform since day one, never mind the best since the formation of the EIHL. Next season should be a bit more exciting than last years' dirge.
While I was a bit disappointed to see Prpich leave, it appears that the right decision was made and he had to go. This weeks' events sound like they will more than make up for that. Not the biggest fan of Adams but he's played a blinder with this one.

It's interesting that this defenceman is coming in on a cardiff business school course!

Wasn't Bolibruck looking for a place to combine studies with playing hockey?

If it was him, that would surely tell the rest of the league that we mean business, as he is wanted by a few of the top teams.

Although, I'd like it to be Peter Metcalf :)
... I've wanted that guy since the day I found out that he was linked with us, last year.

Either way, this sounds like it's going to be a quality defencemen.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Just got back from stewarding download festival and am now one EXTREMELY happy fan. Smith is a superb player, definately in my top 3 players in the 5 years i've been watching. Im sooo happy now :D :D :D

Sliput

I would rather the club bring in new blood than keep re-signing the same players

Ahh who am i kidding :lol: :lol: Welcome back Mark :lol: :lol: